Why do Tier X battles feel like going back in time?

Tier X Bad players Bad teammates

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Monkeying About #1 Posted 10 August 2019 - 10:38 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18327 battles
  • [DG-]

I started playing this game on console over 5 years ago.  It was fun and exciting. I didn't really understand how the different tanks should be played, the mechanics or the tactics. The maps were new and I hadn't learnt where I should go and where I should avoid. Everyone seemed to be finding their way in a similar manner.

But over time (and quite a lot of money) I learned the different classes, tactics and maps. As I did this I slowly progressed along the tiers... isn't this how Wargaming intended the game to be played?

After 5 long years I have a collection of tier X tanks and I play them quite a lot. One of the rewards of these long years of grinding were impressive tanks and the -2/+0 benefit of being the game's top tier.

SO WHY, OH WHY, over the last 6 months does Tier X feel like 2014 all over again. So many players appear to be playing the game for the first time. How is this possible in a Tier X tank? So many games where half the team refuses to move from the cap. Players wandering into known kill zones. Heavy's trying to snipe from the back. Lights, either roaring off to the other side of the map and spotting tanks which no one else can see and then dying, or hiding at the back. Lemming trains. Not responding to where the emery are on the map. The list goes on and on.

I know there are endless posts on this forum about bad team mates. I accept that there are lots of bad, inexperienced or casual players. That's fine, good luck to them. But at Tier X surely we can expect the players, at the very least, to be experienced and to understand class roles, be familiar with the maps and appreciate basic tactics and mechanics.  Is this asking too much?

Are people just buying their way to Tier X on day one? And if so, why are there so many? Can anything be done?

It's really starting to get me down...

Will-E-WangStar #2 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:14 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36463 battles
  • [XRM]

Did you even think outside your bubble????

Formally known as: BoereJack

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT, T-54

Wroclaw #3 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:20 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57249 battles

View PostMonkeying About, on 10 August 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

The list goes on and on.

It's really starting to get me down...

i hear you dude, but playing like that is how they got to tier 10. 

personally what i dont get is why they suck so hard to begin with. they are the video game generation - they should be Awesome! the playerbase of this game should literally get better & better with each passing year!

the exact opposite seems to be happening !

Edited by Wroclaw, 10 August 2019 - 11:21 AM.

XDukeSavageX #4 Posted 10 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 49779 battles
  • [THS]
I think the spring and summer games opps have added to the problem, allowing players to very quickly progress to there desired tier 10s very quickly. Don't get me wrong I have loved these opps and think they are a great addition to the game but people not being effective in their tier 10s does seem to be a side effect of them. I am by no means a great tank player myself at times but I have noticed a lot of what you say to be true. 

WidowMaker1711 #5 Posted 10 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11826 battles
  • [BNKR]
Its why I rarely play my Tier Xs. Fed up of being abandoned by lights. Meds running into trouble and downing tools. Heavies camping as if they are at Glasto and TDs and Arty not even firing.

For Russ and the Allfather

PapaG9CY #6 Posted 11 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 22075 battles
  • [CYLOK]
Don’t forget and mercenaries contracts. Things to do for a stage.....

Greek Cypriot Squadron. The merge of -CYP- and LOK! You mad bro?

Add Cyprus flag ingame! Keep Calm and Respect small countries!

EE-9 Cascavel Commander 2001-2003 Cypriot National Guard.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users