Game kicks me too home screen

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

SE C0LSANDERS #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:44 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26116 battles

Every since yesterdays update wot has issues loading and when it does load after a game or two it kicks me too the Xbox home screen

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:29 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20075 battles
  • [JOCO]
Clear cache on your console.

Are you using an external hard drive?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

JetFixer360 #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:35 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13776 battles
  • [MTX]
 Same issue here after this last update. Sometimes it takes 3 to 5 times before it will load. Sometimes it goes back to the home screen right after a battle and tonight it went back to the home screen at the beginning of the battle.Then when I go to quit it was like the game had never been started. Cache cleared and this game is on the Xbox internal drive. Not having any other issues with any other games on the drive.Filing a ticket and going to uninstall and reinstall. Thank god these people don't write software for important things like real military applications or medial equipment applications.

MaxChaos24 #4 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:51 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12855 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSE C0LSANDERS, on 13 August 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

Every since yesterdays update wot has issues loading and when it does load after a game or two it kicks me too the Xbox home screen

View PostJetFixer360, on 14 August 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

Same issue here after this last update. Sometimes it takes 3 to 5 times before it will load. Sometimes it goes back to the home screen right after a battle and tonight it went back to the home screen at the beginning of the battle.Then when I go to quit it was like the game had never been started. Cache cleared and this game is on the Xbox internal drive. Not having any other issues with any other games on the drive.Filing a ticket and going to uninstall and reinstall. Thank god these people don't write software for important things like real military applications or medial equipment applications.

Hello, are you seeing any error messages or anything? Looking up both of your accounts I'm not seeing any game crashes happening which indicates MS is force closing your game to download something so please make sure you have the latest update downloaded. 

SE C0LSANDERS #5 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26116 battles
No error messages... When I launch the game it will go too the first page when all the tanks are battling and then the Churchill gets rolled over than I get home screened so I relaunch hope too make it garage and if I'm lucky I get too play a couple games before it does it again... I've cleared my cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the game but don't know if that is going too work cause I haven't tried it yet due too work. And I have all the updates for wot and Xbox so anything else it could be all mighty max

JerryCanDo #6 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles

I am experiencing similar problems. Problems started after Mondays update. I am running on a "first" version xbox one (released in the Netherlands). I have learned that it happens in game when I use the button to switch to the xbox console (the X-box button) or when I look up player profiles from within the game. So anytime I leave the game environment (to look at chats for example), there is a high risk of crashing. Happened many times on Monday and Tuesday and I got killed several times while restarting WOT.

JerryCanDo #7 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles
Note that after crashing, the game will fail to load the first time and often also the second time (not even reaching the first screen). Usually the third time it is up and running again.

MaxChaos24 #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:11 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12855 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostSE C0LSANDERS, on 13 August 2019 - 08:44 PM, said:

View PostJetFixer360, on 14 August 2019 - 12:35 AM, said:

View PostSE C0LSANDERS, on 14 August 2019 - 11:43 AM, said:

No error messages... When I launch the game it will go too the first page when all the tanks are battling and then the Churchill gets rolled over than I get home screened so I relaunch hope too make it garage and if I'm lucky I get too play a couple games before it does it again... I've cleared my cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the game but don't know if that is going too work cause I haven't tried it yet due too work. And I have all the updates for wot and Xbox so anything else it could be all mighty max

View PostJerryCanDo, on 14 August 2019 - 03:07 PM, said:

I am experiencing similar problems. Problems started after Mondays update. I am running on a "first" version xbox one (released in the Netherlands). I have learned that it happens in game when I use the button to switch to the xbox console (the X-box button) or when I look up player profiles from within the game. So anytime I leave the game environment (to look at chats for example), there is a high risk of crashing. Happened many times on Monday and Tuesday and I got killed several times while restarting WOT.

Are you guys also putting the game into suspend like Jerry? ^

@Jerry, are you in the Xbox Preview Program? If pressing the Xbox guide button is causing your game to close/crash, this would be an issue with the Console (MS) so you would want to Contact them to report an issue with the resume/suspend system.

JerryCanDo #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles

I am not in the Xbox Preview Program (do not know this). Why do you say it is an console issue when only WOT is suffering from this problem? That by itself does not make sense to me?

MaxChaos24 #10 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:21 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12855 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostJerryCanDo, on 14 August 2019 - 03:16 PM, said:

I am not in the Xbox Preview Program (do not know this). Why do you say it is an console issue when only WOT is suffering from this problem? That by itself does not make sense to me?

When you press the "Xbox Guide Button", you are now in MS's system where you are using the Console Suspend/Resume system. MS owns the Console so is their area to address. It's not related to the game if that is what is causing it.  

Edited by MaxChaos24, 14 August 2019 - 07:21 PM.

JerryCanDo #11 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:30 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles

OK, but that is just an example of how to make it crash. It also happen while loading the game (no xbox button involved) or when just looking at the players. Anyway blaming the operating system for a problem that only occurs in your game and is very similar to problems that other players experience seems is not very convincing. It makes sense that there is some interaction with the operating system, because when I stay totally inside the game things are stable.   

sparsearray07 #12 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26918 battles
  • [ASH_]
Seeing repeated crashes to home when launching WoT. Started this week. 

MaxChaos24 #13 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:49 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12855 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostJerryCanDo, on 14 August 2019 - 03:30 PM, said:

OK, but that is just an example of how to make it crash. It also happen while loading the game (no xbox button involved) or when just looking at the players. Anyway blaming the operating system for a problem that only occurs in your game and is very similar to problems that other players experience seems is not very convincing. It makes sense that there is some interaction with the operating system, because when I stay totally inside the game things are stable.   

Hello, I'm just providing information based on what you had reported so you can get help. All crashes sound similar but can have quite different causes. 

View Postsparsearray07, on 14 August 2019 - 03:44 PM, said:

Seeing repeated crashes to home when launching WoT. Started this week. 

Do you happen to have a Kinect plugged into your console? Looks like you're hitting a known MS error when a Kinect is plugged in. 

JerryCanDo #14 Posted 14 August 2019 - 07:54 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles

I understand and I appreciate your feedback. But I have been running your game for quite some time using the identical hardware without any issues until last Mondays update. But yes, indeed I have a Kinect plugged in. What is the MS error you are referring to? 

Y5O5ER1U5 #15 Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 26023 battles

Been having the same thing.

I turn on Xbox, load game from home screen, game attempts to start up but then crashes and sends me back to home screen.

I continue doing it for several minutes until it let's me in, then the game is fine after that.

Seems to be just the initial start up for me.

Haven't tried a hard reset yet. Might do it tonight.

No other games I play have any issues.

JerryCanDo #16 Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles

Just disconnected Kinect. First results are promising switched several times using the xbox button without crash. Will try more later this week.

Thanks Max.

Still strange why this problem suddenly arose, considering the amount of time I have been playing the game in the same configuration without issues. I will have to look up the known MS error you refer to. Is there a reference for that.

sparsearray07 #17 Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 26918 battles
  • [ASH_]
I have a Kinect. Makes sense Max. 

KillerEwok95 #18 Posted 14 August 2019 - 08:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12387 battles
  • [LOGIC]
I've experienced similar issues before when loading up the game it will completely crash my Xbox One X, like turn it off, not even to dashboard just completely shutting down the console. Sometimes it can take 5+ tries to get the game to load, hasnt happened for a while though I noticed that it tends to happen when the game isn't shut down properly. From now on when I turn off WoT I press quit in the garage to go back to the intro screen, then go back to dashboard, then quit the game from there and then I can turn my Xbox. This seems to stop the issue mostly but does still sometimes randomly happen, I have reported this before but there are no crash reports so there isn't an issue with the game apparently......even though this is the ONLY game I have ever had this is happen with. There is 100% something funky going on with the game but they refuse to properly look into it, just hope that it hasn't damaged my console.....

Remember When Under Pressure, Keep Calm and Yub Nub.

Very Classy #19 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30889 battles
  • [JOCO]
Excellent work, Max. Continue ridding the world of Kinects. :honoring:

JerryCanDo #20 Posted 14 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 44198 battles

I disconnected my Kinect and just finished 5 battles. No crashes so far while earlier it crashed immediately when I used the xbox button. First tests passed.

Will probably really get confirmation this weekend but I am inclined to accept Max's explanation that Kinect is to blame. 

Again thanks for the help, Max.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users