• This topic is locked This topic is locked
109 replies to this topic

R35T NO MORE #101 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16164 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View Postdave mg 04, on 15 August 2019 - 01:44 PM, said:

because it's a buisness and they need to make money. not just for there own pockets but to keep the game alive.

and everyone is held back, but you can overcome some of it buy spamming gold buying premo tanks just to make silver that everyone needs to play tier8 upwards.

useing premo consumables and a premo account. 

every single person will have that one definitive thing that can't be proved otherwise that they know for fact the game does screw you over at times.

mine was the game my elite IS3 bounced 6 shots in a row on an  unsuspecting tier 6 hellcat. it wasn't till my 3rd shot he realised i was there shooting him.

needless to say he just turned his turret and proceded to wreck the IS3.

now theres no way with the plus or minnus 25% crap that a tier8 IS3 shouldn't be able to pen 30mm of hellcat turret or the 20mm side armour.

on the plus side he messaged me after as he himself couldn't believe what just happened and  just got his first ever steel wall medal..

You could put an average player with all the prem ammo they want, a prem tank and a prem account against a uni in a same tier TT tank with AP shells and no prem account and odds on, the average player is going back to the garage. Those things don't make a player win. WG want people to Think they do but even with all the RNG and everything else overall there is no substitute for skill. If the game was rigged then the rigging would drag the uni's down overall but as it doesn't I can't believe it is rigged.

Do I see dodgy things in game? Yep. I think it is more due to bad coding, lag, the player not understanding the mechanics, or a mix. 

As for the Hellcat that (no offense intended) sounds far fetched. You bouncing 1 or 2 off it due to it hitting very bad angles, maybe. If you did bounce that many that I can understand it causing you to raise an eyebrow so to speak. 

However, I really don't think the devs could possibly create a system that watches your every move, then decides that you can't pen that lone Hellcat. Would that affect the outcome of the game, that 1 tank not being penned by you? Was it invincible for everyone else?

My main issue with the rigged argument is that I'm not sure people understand the scale of what they are saying, it isn't just a case of the game is rigged against you as said rigging would have to alter so much of the game that progamming it would require a ridiculous amount of work.

Tracking all 30 peoples win rates to decide which are due a win and loss in just the start. Individual tank win rates would also surely need to be factored in. Then some kind of average would need to be applied, to work out which team overall needs to win. The what happens if 2 members of each team who are due to lose meet each other? Do they both just bounce non stop off each other. What if 2 people who are each due a win meet?

What happens if 1 team is due a win by an overwhelming amount but the just drive into the open? Would the game being rigged mean they would be able to survive driving across an open field whilst the other team hopelessly bounce? I've never seen a charge across the field on Mali end well.

Lastly, if the game is rigged, why is it that I'm able to, unless arty get involved, tear apart red tanks most evenings (I have my fair shar of bad evenings but usually that is down to poor decision making on my part). Do I have favourable rigging in play and my knowledge of the tanks and maps is pointless? Am I able to overcome the rigging, meaning it must be pretty bad and clearly isn't working. 

I hope I'm not coming across as confrontational BTW. I've been told my posts are often blunt but text doesn't convey tone very well and I'm merely debating. 

Apologies for Typos. The touch screen on this phone isn't very good. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

Sbornaja #102 Posted 15 August 2019 - 05:48 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40505 battles
  • [KRAUT]
Last night, I was getting f***** facehugged by a tier 8 Centurion in my full-life Chieftain ...
I simply f***** couldn't pen him in any weakspot - even lower plate ...
He murdered me by penning every single f****** shot in my cupola.

After the game I looked at his stats ... 2700 battles, 7 tier 10's already, 4200 PR, 46% winrate ...

XBOX ONE

Schiavoser #103 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:08 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 39813 battles

View PostSbornaja, on 15 August 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

Last night, I was getting f***** facehugged by a tier 8 Centurion in my full-life Chieftain ...

After the game I looked at his stats ... 2700 battles, 7 tier 10's already, 4200 PR, 46% winrate ...

Sounds like an interesting video to share with the forums, if you still have the replay available.

DrivableBeast35 #104 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 31800 battles
Okay, so what IF the game is rigged and outcomes are 100% pre-determined. Would it really matter to you? Let's face it. The relationship you have with this game is essentially an abusive one and you will keep coming back for more no matter how poorly you are treated.   :teethhappy:

R35T NO MORE #105 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 16164 battles
  • [BNKR-]

View PostSbornaja, on 15 August 2019 - 05:48 PM, said:

Well if he was facehugging you and you somehow did manage to shoot its lower plate, the angle of its armour at that point would have been extreme causing the bounces. Next time in that situation just shoot its upper plate, not lower. 

My WoT tank reviews

If you enjoy them please do share/sub. Thanks. 

TransparentBlue #106 Posted 15 August 2019 - 07:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles

Film at 11?

I'd like to see the replay, too.  Where did your shells strike?  Probably all strong points, intentional or not.  You said his struck your cupola, did you check the marks?

Whenever I see something wildly unexpected I review the replay to learn from it.

Tempest fox3 #107 Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21257 battles
  • [JOCO]

Sounds like you got outplayed. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker- In order obtained

Spoiler

mi amigo 9 #108 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:15 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21237 battles

All you have to do is read how matchmaking works.  Someone posted it awhile ago I don't have it or I would.  Key points.  It doesn't 'balance' anything basically but making sure there are the same amount of arty and light ... sort of because it relaxes rules the longer you wait in the cue.  The rest is battle weight which basically takes nothing into account but the tank/tier you are driving ... not it's class, success rate, skills, etc.  Given this its not surprising that matches are so poorly put together ... what is surprising is that you ever actually get a good match.  No seriously ... it's surprising you can EVER get a good match.  

The other factor is the poor quality of the players.  After 3 years of playing I will put myself in that group because I have horrible consistency despite some amazing carry matches.  In a game of 30 players a great player should not be able to really influence a match ... except that because most the players are horrible (it's a complex game) with RNG added in a SINGLE player can make a difference.  I still think WIN8 is the captain obvious of horrible statistical analysis but the best players do win a lot more and cause a lot more damage because of all the above.  People who suck and just farm damage also.  Many of them if you watch replays seem to long ago have given up on team play and obviously just play for themselves.

So... don't confuse incompetence with intention ... MM is just a mess not a product of the illuminati

Pit Friend #109 Posted 15 August 2019 - 11:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33892 battles
  • [PTATO]

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

HollowPoint_808 #110 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:08 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 20481 battles
  • [PATS]
Add a certain tank to, win - loss condition.  There are days no matter what I do can't win using that Tank even with a very good game. 
                                                                                        PS4 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users