Can we talk about the "consistency"

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

killer etzi0 #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:17 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58956 battles
  • [47R]

Consistency, if I had to put my finger on anyone thing that has been very irritating for me, as of late, is the consistency, or lack there of, with the game. What am I talking about you ask? Here are some examples.

Example One:

Running my favorite Tier VIII French heavy, load into a mostly tier IX-X game, no worries, the frontal armor on that tank is beast mode and I bounce 3k+ damage, manage to inflect much damage on the reds, have a great battle and make a lot of silver. Very next battle, load into a mostly tier VII-VIII battle, oh yea, this is gonna be good! Not.... nearly everything round from the red team fired at me pens/rolls high damage while all my rounds are bouncing, and before I know it, I am back in the garage.

Example Two:

Engaged in heavy close in combat, the tide of the battle seem to be in my favor. I have fired 4 or 5 shots at the red tank in front of me, each shot penning and doing damage (which is important because I sense his reinforcements closing in and I must finish this tank off to prepare for said reinforcements) but wait.. what happens next, the next several shots on to said almost dead tank all bounce! Why.. why... why!

Example Three:

(I've posted this one before, but I think it fits the subject) Two exact same tanks from each team stumble across each other, each going toe to toe and exchanging many rounds. Tank A's rounds, everyone of them, pen and roll high damage, maybe even causing a fire on Tank B. Tank B's rounds miss, hit but don't pen, and or low roll or just cause module damage.

Example Four:

The huge swings in win rate. Now, I have a over all 57+% win rate, not the best, but not to shabby, so I have no idea what has been happening lately but I personally have experienced 4 day stretches of 45% win rate, followed by a 4 day stretch of 70% win rate. Even the past few days have seen lows of 42% and highs of 77%. I am pretty sure my skill set doesn't swing 30% from day to day.

Consistency, it's the word of the day. 

"When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat."

Ronald Reagan

Shockwave IIC #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 17976 battles
  • [-PA-]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 14 August 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

Lack of Consistency, it's the term of the day. 

FTFY

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

Ruslan74 #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20061 battles
Happens to me every day -  do better when bottom tier as when top tier teams or RNG simply laughs at me.

killer etzi0 #4 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58956 battles
  • [47R]

View PostShockwave IIC, on 14 August 2019 - 06:23 AM, said:

FTFY

Much better, thank you :great:

Ronald Reagan

redshadowrider #5 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 37660 battles
I agree on your points and am becoming more frustrated with these "tests" that seem to go nowhere.  Why tell us that you will pen when the reticle is red when the shell never, or seldom goes where you aim.  I am growing weary of taking the time to aim only to have the shell hit the ground or careen off somewhere else.  What this most recent test showed me is it really doesn't matter what you do, it's what the game decides you will do.  I feel like I am pulling the lever on a slot machine.
I'm just saying.....

Tempest fox3 #6 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:35 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21057 battles
  • [JOCO]
One) first game you met players that didn't have a clue where to shoot, second game you met players that knew where to shoot you and/or fired nothing but prammo at you.

Two) you'd have to be more specific about the tanks and scenario involved. I do get this and understand the frustration, but I find it normally happens because I've been shooting a soot on a tank that's only a 50-60% chance to pen with the ammo I'm shooting at it and should probably consider myself lucky the first shots went in.

Three) talking about yourself vs the same tank on the enemy team or about team mate vs same tank on the enemy team?

Four) depends on the sample sizes. I average 60%+ solo, 70%+ in a platoon but I've had the odd day where I've only played 10 or so games and only managed a 40% win rate. I remember one day platooning with JOCO and Rest, we're all players capable of 60%+ average win rates yet in a platoon that day the three of us played some 30 games and couldn't win even half of them, team mates seemed to be racing to see how fast they could die.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

SHREK T T #7 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:41 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 63570 battles
  • [D-12]

View Postredshadowrider, on 14 August 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

I agree on your points and am becoming more frustrated with these "tests" that seem to go nowhere.  Why tell us that you will pen when the reticle is red when the shell never, or seldom goes where you aim.  I am growing weary of taking the time to aim only to have the shell hit the ground or careen off somewhere else.  What this most recent test showed me is it really doesn't matter what you do, it's what the game decides you will do.  I feel like I am pulling the lever on a slot machine.

why are WG testing stuff on live servers? Was that not the point of the supertesters ? Why not just open the test server up allow all to test wg rubbish and stop messing with the live servers we pay good money for premium time 
WG support say when you sell a tank your crew sell's with it be careful commanders

killer etzi0 #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58956 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTempest fox3, on 14 August 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

One) first game you met players that didn't have a clue where to shoot, second game you met players that knew where to shoot you and/or fired nothing but prammo at you.

Two) you'd have to be more specific about the tanks and scenario involved. I do get this and understand the frustration, but I find it normally happens because I've been shooting a soot on a tank that's only a 50-60% chance to pen with the ammo I'm shooting at it and should probably consider myself lucky the first shots went in.

Three) talking about yourself vs the same tank on the enemy team or about team mate vs same tank on the enemy team?

Four) depends on the sample sizes. I average 60%+ solo, 70%+ in a platoon but I've had the odd day where I've only played 10 or so games and only managed a 40% win rate. I remember one day platooning with JOCO and Rest, we're all players capable of 60%+ average win rates yet in a platoon that day the three of us played some 30 games and couldn't win even half of them, team mates seemed to be racing to see how fast they could die.

One) that's possible, but the extreme swing in the performance of said armor.... well. 

Two) well this has happened to many times to even try to take a guess at what tank I was in, and what tank I was shooting at. But another example I should have listed that fits this example is the re-setting the cap story. Red team capping, high explosives loaded so as to ensure at least re-setting the cap, but nope, the round either completely misses or some how manages a bounce and/or no damage. Not even module damage. This happens a LOT.

Three) from personal experience the Absolution tops the list of "guilty as charged".

Four) I am not talking about the "occasional" day of "just can't pull off a win".  These wide wide swings in my personal performance from day to day have me pulling my hair out, and I really don't have much to pull.

Ronald Reagan

SuperSherman44 #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:56 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 21800 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 14 August 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

Consistency, if I had to put my finger on anyone thing that has been very irritating for me, as of late, is the consistency, or lack there of, with the game. What am I talking about you ask? Here are some examples.

Example One:

Running my favorite Tier VIII French heavy, load into a mostly tier IX-X game, no worries, the frontal armor on that tank is beast mode and I bounce 3k+ damage, manage to inflect much damage on the reds, have a great battle and make a lot of silver. Very next battle, load into a mostly tier VII-VIII battle, oh yea, this is gonna be good! Not.... nearly everything round from the red team fired at me pens/rolls high damage while all my rounds are bouncing, and before I know it, I am back in the garage.

Example Two:

Engaged in heavy close in combat, the tide of the battle seem to be in my favor. I have fired 4 or 5 shots at the red tank in front of me, each shot penning and doing damage (which is important because I sense his reinforcements closing in and I must finish this tank off to prepare for said reinforcements) but wait.. what happens next, the next several shots on to said almost dead tank all bounce! Why.. why... why!

Example Three:

(I've posted this one before, but I think it fits the subject) Two exact same tanks from each team stumble across each other, each going toe to toe and exchanging many rounds. Tank A's rounds, everyone of them, pen and roll high damage, maybe even causing a fire on Tank B. Tank B's rounds miss, hit but don't pen, and or low roll or just cause module damage.

Example Four:

The huge swings in win rate. Now, I have a over all 57+% win rate, not the best, but not to shabby, so I have no idea what has been happening lately but I personally have experienced 4 day stretches of 45% win rate, followed by a 4 day stretch of 70% win rate. Even the past few days have seen lows of 42% and highs of 77%. I am pretty sure my skill set doesn't swing 30% from day to day.

I can't relate more to number 2, that's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating :angry:

I Heart The Sherman (Best tank of WWII)

I got a new Xbox One S so I'm really excited!

R.I.P. Xbox 360 E ~2014-2019

killer etzi0 #10 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58956 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSuperSherman44, on 14 August 2019 - 06:56 AM, said:

I can't relate more to number 2, that's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo frustrating :angry:

mercy "rolls"... it's a thing. 

Ronald Reagan

killer etzi0 #11 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58956 battles
  • [47R]

View Postredshadowrider, on 14 August 2019 - 06:35 AM, said:

Yea, the "red" reticle means nothing.

Ronald Reagan

TocFanKe4 #12 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21093 battles
  • [GIRLS]
Some days I swing from 65% win rate to 50% win rate.  Usually has to do with how much I've drank combined with how tired I am. 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

westmech #13 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14222 battles
  • [KAPPA]

I have been trying to minimize the variables to maximize consistency. Everyone hates how inconsistent the dispersion is so I am trying to close the distances to minimize the dispersion. I use tanks that have high pen standard rounds to minimize bounces, but I'm also working harder to get broadside shots and flank the reds. I'm gravitating towards the OP easy mode tanks. I just bought my 430U last night and its ridiculous how easy it is to use. 

I'm platooning with some great tankers regularly so my winrate has been stable in the mid sixties. I almost never play solo anymore, and its really nice. 

I feel your pain OP. I have been there, but I opted to almost exclusively platoon from now on since the teams are so terrible now.

Very Classy #14 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33075 battles
  • [JOCO]

(45+70)/2=57.5

It's tough to not get caught up in small runs (good or bad), but the bigger picture usually reverts to the norm. Rarely do I have a session that is 56% wins... 

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

Koval03 #15 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:52 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20168 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 14 August 2019 - 07:17 AM, said:

Example One:

Example Two:

Example Three:

Example Four:

Wot is rigged, plain and simple, human factor and skill means very little in this game. I also believe rng affects more than just accuracy/ penetration. I believe it affects engine power and armor. Given the same tank, sometimes the tank reaches top speed going up hill, then the next game it struggles to break 20k going down a asphalt road, feels sluggish overall, and in the same game none of my shots pen. I had a game in my vk7, blocked 11.3k damage, nobody seemed to pen me no matter where they shot. Majority of damage blocked was from e3 who bounced me 4 times. Literally the next game I got penned from every angle, by a bunch of t8s. When the game wants you to lose, you will lose, no matter what. Then again could all be bullcrap and tinfoil, and working as intended blah blah. Enjoy your declining pop warcucks.

Edited by Koval03, 14 August 2019 - 03:56 PM.

SandM9 #16 Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33298 battles

I keep being told that consistently having fun is "boring".  More interesting to have extreme swings from one pole to the other.

After all if your heads in the freezer and your feet are in the oven then on average you are comfortable.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

John-berg1995 #17 Posted 14 August 2019 - 05:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12679 battles
  • [CIA]
I never thought I'd see the words consistency and wot in the same sentence.

Pick one.

killer etzi0 #18 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58956 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSandM9, on 14 August 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

I keep being told that consistently having fun is "boring".  More interesting to have extreme swings from one pole to the other.

After all if your heads in the freezer and your feet are in the oven then on average you are comfortable.

lol...

Ronald Reagan

Potato QQ #19 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22626 battles
This game will never be consistent do to RNG.

Pit Friend #20 Posted 14 August 2019 - 06:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33588 battles
  • [PTATO]

View Postkiller etzi0, on 14 August 2019 - 08:02 AM, said:

mercy "rolls"... it's a thing. 

Had a perfect example today. In my AMX-13-57 with a full load of Premium and was behind a red Defender. Pumped all 8 shots in and every one did damage. Something else shot the Defender and left it on 2 HPs. My clip reloaded and I proceeded to bounce all 8 of those shots off the exact same spot the previous 8 penetrated. Then he spun his turret around and one shot ammo racked me. :angry:

What the hell game? :facepalm:

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users