Tier 10

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Kaptain Proton #1 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:17 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37836 battles
  • [47R]

First off I would like to ask Max the tier 10 winrate by tank class at tier 10.   I played a lot of tier 10 yesterday and it seemed to me that if the red team had more heavy’s or TD’s they would win.  

Lights can can be strong as well I saw one carry a game yesterday.  

I question to to the forum is that it seems to me that you have to play different at tier 10.  The TD’s are so strong that it is better to get into position then fall back and let the green TD’s blow them away.  I had game like that on Airfield yesterday.  I zoomed out in my medium spotted the red TD’s at the back of the map and got killed right away. They were set up just like we were.  Most tanks were in Position and TD’s in back.  I said on headset not to push.  They didn’t and we won.  I was last. 

AJH387 #2 Posted 14 August 2019 - 01:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15156 battles
  • [HLCAT]
I feel like that has been a complaint for a while. Many tier 10 games seem to be somewhat 'campy' because the mobile tanks know that 1 mistake and they get wasted by TDs. I can certainly see that but I'm not really sure if it is a big issue or not. I see tier 10 heavies steamroll teams in tier 10 and I also see packs of mediums waste a team too. It's more like luck of the draw, as far as who you get on your team more than anything, in my opinion.

Kaptain Proton #3 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37836 battles
  • [47R]
I agree .  I did have a battle that was mostly mediums, we swarmed them and won.

I guess my complaint would be that I don’t like seeing 9 td’s on the red team.  I would be nice to see a class cap at tier 10.  If it’s the same number of classes on each team I guess that would be ok as well.  

I would think as time goes on There will be more people playing at tier 10 since more people will have tier 10 tanks.

I will still play tier 10.  I’m just learning that I have to play different depending on what is on the red team.

Tempest fox3 #4 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20075 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostKaptain Proton, on 14 August 2019 - 02:10 PM, said:

I agree . I did have a battle that was mostly mediums, we swarmed them and won.

I guess my complaint would be that I don’t like seeing 9 td’s on the red team. I would be nice to see a class cap at tier 10. If it’s the same number of classes on each team I guess that would be ok as well.

I would think as time goes on There will be more people playing at tier 10 since more people will have tier 10 tanks.

I will still play tier 10. I’m just learning that I have to play different depending on what is on the red team.

Seeing too much of any one class at high tiers is problematic. Too many td's or arty and the game becomes very campy, too many mediums or lights and they just swarm over the battlefield and you can never get undetected.

Heavies are the class that least affect the state of play I guess. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

AJH387 #5 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15156 battles
  • [HLCAT]

View PostTempest fox3, on 14 August 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

Seeing too much of any one class at high tiers is problematic. Too many td's or arty and the game becomes very campy, too many mediums or lights and they just swarm over the battlefield and you can never get undetected.

Yes very true. I guess that also falls into the category of every match is different. If there was a roughly set amount of each tank class in a battle, perhaps people would complain that the play gets stale. I dunno. It's an interesting discussion. But I do agree that too many TDs makes it campy and does punish mobile tanks.

Ttone5722 #6 Posted 14 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 16089 battles
  • [WTAF]
Heavies actually have a huge effect on the outcome of tier 10 games. If you get too many that are afraid to take damage or too many that Yolo, chances are you're losing that one. You gotta have guys that can hold a line or smartly push to be able to win.

I just don't think heavies have the least effect is all im saying.

scwirpeo #7 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40410 battles
  • [CRY]

View PostTtone5722, on 14 August 2019 - 07:43 AM, said:

Heavies actually have a huge effect on the outcome of tier 10 games. If you get too many that are afraid to take damage or too many that Yolo, chances are you're losing that one. You gotta have guys that can hold a line or smartly push to be able to win.

I just don't think heavies have the least effect is all im saying.

Generally speaking I would rather be on the team with no heavys than the one with no TDs.

MOEs so I can pretend like they matter

Spoiler

ThermalStone #8 Posted 14 August 2019 - 03:41 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31149 battles
  • [80085]
It's map dependent.  If you're on a map like Prok or Westfield, heavies are a liability and if your one light tank is trash and the red Scout isn't, you're going to lose.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

Kaptain Proton #9 Posted 14 August 2019 - 04:00 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37836 battles
  • [47R]
I guess the maps are the balance. Although I don’t think it matters with the big alpha TD’s. I get blasted on any map.

Since we are experimenting with live tests. I would like to see tier 10 tank class caps at tier 10.

Pit Friend #10 Posted 14 August 2019 - 11:02 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32605 battles
  • [PTATO]

You would think it would be a simple thing to make it so that MM balances the numbers of each tier and type of tank on both teams. 

I asked an EOD man how he dealt with the stress of his job. 

He said he didn’t have any stress. Either he was right or else it became someone else’s problem. 

janbonator #11 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 13438 battles

View PostPit Friend, on 14 August 2019 - 11:02 PM, said:

You would think it would be a simple thing to make it so that MM balances the numbers of each tier and type of tank on both teams. 

For whatever reason they seem hellbent on keeping the queue times as short as possible, rather than trying to get somewhat balanced games. I think most, if not all, would rather wait out one or two minutes for a good game than 10 seconds for a 15-1 blowout, at least on the higher tiers.

FusionStar287 #12 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:42 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20075 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTempest fox3, on 14 August 2019 - 09:31 AM, said:

I disagree with that last statement. While a single heavy tank might not be able to influence a game as much as a single medium or TD potentially could, most of the time it seems that a team with significantly more heavy tanks wins over the team with more mediums or TDs. After all, for every extra heavy one team has over the other that team has an extra ~500 hit points than the other team along with more armor to bounce more shells (generally speaking), so when one team ends up with five or six extra heavy tanks they often end up requiring a ton more shots to take down (plus many heavy tanks can deal more damage when trading shot for shot with mediums and lights as well).

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Tempest fox3 #13 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:10 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20075 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFusionStar287, on 15 August 2019 - 06:42 AM, said:

I disagree with that last statement. While a single heavy tank might not be able to influence a game as much as a single medium or TD potentially could, most of the time it seems that a team with significantly more heavy tanks wins over the team with more mediums or TDs. After all, for every extra heavy one team has over the other that team has an extra ~500 hit points than the other team along with more armor to bounce more shells (generally speaking), so when one team ends up with five or six extra heavy tanks they often end up requiring a ton more shots to take down (plus many heavy tanks can deal more damage when trading shot for shot with mediums and lights as well).

I meant in terms of changing the pace of the game. Heavies have the least impact.

If both teams have 10 Td's the game becomes very stagnant and campy, same thing used to happen if both teams had 5 arty. Which drags the game out for a long time.

If both teams have a lot of mediums or lights (or both) people rush off to Yolo and the game is over very quickly. 

Both teams having a lot of heavies doesn't really change anything from both teams having a balanced amount of each class. The game goes on a little bit longer because of the increased hitpoints of both teams but it isn't really campy or yoloy like the two aforementioned scenarios. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Salty_Tanker #14 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:23 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 19821 battles

It’s not the tanks 

it’s the tankers  

“ Never trust a forum member that uses an Anime profile pic .”      - SaltyMcD 

XERXEZS #15 Posted 15 August 2019 - 12:29 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25479 battles

The tanks that can carry tier X games are the tier X heavies, TD's or mediums are second, lights are the weakest, don't know where Arty fits in, probably RNG-ey.

Stahlbrezel #16 Posted 15 August 2019 - 01:06 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25782 battles

hmm... dependent of the map, i'd say that i've never have seen a descent X battle, when on one side (red/green), the light department sucked. 
On the other hand, who the f... needs heavies when they are crawling up the 0/K line on Westfield in a standard battle?
If everybody in all classes would only show the tendencies of following their designation, in what to do and where to go on the battlefield, the class-discussion would be obsolete. Somebody said it: "Its the tankers not the tanks"

But since the wot-player-base is far from perfect, i'd say: check the numbers of the misplaced heavies... the side with the fewer misplaced, wins.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta... ~ Aesop

Kaptain Proton #17 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37836 battles
  • [47R]

Block Quote

It’s not the tanks 

it’s the tankers  

Part of this thread was discussing on what to do when you are facing an unbalanced amount of a tank class.  It does seem to be too complicated to come up with a strategy unless you know each tank on each team, what tier, what map, and weather variant.  I still say though if you are facing alot of high alpha TD's you should not be too aggressive.  By the example I gave in my first post.  

I think WG is trying to make this game more enjoyable to play by trying these live tests to see if we like them.  This is the same logic I am using when I brought up unbalanced tank class at tier 10.  I personally don't like playing against 9 heavy's or TD's when I play in my medium tank.  If everybody is fine with it then so be it.  

Also tagged with Tier 10

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users