Jump to content


Performance question (X's)

Powercreep data max

  • Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

ImpulseOyster42 #1 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1582 battles
  • 139
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

Just wondering where powercreeped tanks like the 121, T110E5, Obj430 and E50M are currently sitting in the data? The first 3 could definitely use some love in my opinion.

 

- No reason to play the 121 over the 113 or even the 430U which do its job but better, especially with its lacking in gun depression.

- Obj430 used to be considered somewhat balanced because its troll hull armor and ROF evened out the terrible gun handling and accuracy, now with so many mobile, decent gun handling mediums which also have similar armor survivability surely it can see some work?

- T110E5 used to be a popular pub stomper for its flexibility, now it's been avoided thanks to tanks like the 5A, IS7, S.Conq and Obj277 just doing its job way better, surely it needs a look at.



USSWISCONSIN94 #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11997 battles
  • 27,651
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
E5 is still a great tank. and to the "flexible" part. You mean the retarded OP capula it used to get that couldn't pen unless you get super lucky. it needed the nerf. but think they should've chopped it off like Blitz did (and more like the Fatton) 121 needs a GD buff that's pretty much it. as the 430. Why do people always think more armor on mediums (mainly russians) a good thing to do? that won't solve the problem even a little bit. E50M could use a small RoF buff and few other things but thats it.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


ImpulseOyster42 #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:10 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1582 battles
  • 139
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 15 August 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

E5 is still a great tank. and to the "flexible" part. You mean the retarded OP capula it used to get that couldn't pen unless you get super lucky. it needed the nerf. but think they should've chopped it off like Blitz did (and more like the Fatton) 121 needs a GD buff that's pretty much it. as the 430. Why do people always think more armor on mediums (mainly russians) a good thing to do? that won't solve the problem even a little bit. E50M could use a small RoF buff and few other things but thats it.

 

E5 was flexible because at the time it was considered mobile, medium sized profile and usable armor. Now it just has the gun which you can find a better version on say the S.Conq with similar mobility but way better armor.

 

As for the 430, when did I say it needs armor? Maybe read first I said it needs some love, and the reason it stayed was because at the time it's bad gun handling was offset by the troll armor, it doesnt need an armor buff it needs gun handling.



Kaptain Proton #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38819 battles
  • 55
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016

Block Quote

 

- No reason to play the 121 over the 113 or even the 430U which do its job but better, especially with its lacking in gun depression.

- Obj430 used to be considered somewhat balanced because its troll hull armor and ROF evened out the terrible gun handling and accuracy, now with so many mobile, decent gun handling mediums which also have similar armor survivability surely it can see some work?

 

I have played every tier 10 medium tank except the STB-1.  I did not like the 121 and the 430U is much better so that is what I play.  It is difficult to make every tier 10 medium balanced and also make them unique.   Take the Obj430  140, and T-62a.  If you buff the gun handling of the obj430 then how is different enough from the obj140.   I like what WOT PC did in their tier 10 medium rebalance.



Tempest fox3 #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 02:52 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 20437 battles
  • 17,498
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 15 August 2019 - 02:00 PM, said:

Just wondering where powercreeped tanks like the 121, T110E5, Obj430 and E50M are currently sitting in the data? The first 3 could definitely use some love in my opinion.

 

- No reason to play the 121 over the 113 or even the 430U which do its job but better, especially with its lacking in gun depression.

- Obj430 used to be considered somewhat balanced because its troll hull armor and ROF evened out the terrible gun handling and accuracy, now with so many mobile, decent gun handling mediums which also have similar armor survivability surely it can see some work?

- T110E5 used to be a popular pub stomper for its flexibility, now it's been avoided thanks to tanks like the 5A, IS7, S.Conq and Obj277 just doing its job way better, surely it needs a look at.

 

E5 is fine as is. It's still strong. Flexible, decent mobile, very well Armoured frontally. It's not as OP as it used to be but it's fine where it is right now. 

 

S.conq is over rated. It's very good in one scenario - Hull down using gun depression to fight a ridge. That's it. It's completely useless at everything else.


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained


Teffisk #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:04 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22704 battles
  • 1,476
  • [-L7-]
  • Member since:
    10-14-2015

View PostTempest fox3, on 15 August 2019 - 02:52 PM, said:

 

E5 is fine as is. It's still strong. Flexible, decent mobile, very well Armoured frontally. It's not as OP as it used to be but it's fine where it is right now. 

 

S.conq is over rated. It's very good in one scenario - Hull down using gun depression to fight a ridge. That's it. It's completely useless at everything else.

But the difference in mobility is pretty insignificant. The difference in DPM and armor and gun handling and gun depression is significant. I see no need for such a big DPM disparity. (6 rpm vs 6.9 rpm)



USSWISCONSIN94 #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:16 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11997 battles
  • 27,651
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 15 August 2019 - 09:10 AM, said:

 

E5 was flexible because at the time it was considered mobile, medium sized profile and usable armor. Now it just has the gun which you can find a better version on say the S.Conq with similar mobility but way better armor.

 

As for the 430, when did I say it needs armor? Maybe read first I said it needs some love, and the reason it stayed was because at the time it's bad gun handling was offset by the troll armor, it doesnt need an armor buff it needs gun handling.

Besides talking about the Super Cancer (which is is and SHOULD get a nerf but WG won't touch it PC or console) the E5 is still a very good tank to play even with the powercreep it has. as for the 430. I mean about the people complaining about the armor being bad and asking for a buff to the levels of the 140 and 62A. I did read it and i'm explaining the logic of those who think it needs a armor buff and a better gun. It stayed because all those who have it whined about it being at tier 9 when in fact it is OP at tier 9 but people didn't want their "favorite" tank to be moved again.


http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


x rocketfish x #8 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:18 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 15571 battles
  • 841
  • Member since:
    05-27-2015
The E5 is still good. People play it less because it's old. Not because it isn't competitive.  

ImpulseOyster42 #9 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:19 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1582 battles
  • 139
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

View PostKaptain Proton, on 15 August 2019 - 08:43 AM, said:

 

I have played every tier 10 medium tank except the STB-1.  I did not like the 121 and the 430U is much better so that is what I play.  It is difficult to make every tier 10 medium balanced and also make them unique.   Take the Obj430  140, and T-62a.  If you buff the gun handling of the obj430 then how is different enough from the obj140.   I like what WOT PC did in their tier 10 medium rebalance.

 

140 has better gun depression and a smaller turret profile, 430 doesnt need to have exactly the same handling as the 140 or T62A but no excuse why it cant be somewhere in the middle of them and it's current form.

 

The "how is that different?" Go-to argument went stale long ago, we have reskins and merc tanks.



MaxChaos24 #10 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12951 battles
  • 20,461
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 15 August 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

Just wondering where powercreeped tanks like the 121, T110E5, Obj430 and E50M are currently sitting in the data? The first 3 could definitely use some love in my opinion.

 

- No reason to play the 121 over the 113 or even the 430U which do its job but better, especially with its lacking in gun depression.

- Obj430 used to be considered somewhat balanced because its troll hull armor and ROF evened out the terrible gun handling and accuracy, now with so many mobile, decent gun handling mediums which also have similar armor survivability surely it can see some work?

- T110E5 used to be a popular pub stomper for its flexibility, now it's been avoided thanks to tanks like the 5A, IS7, S.Conq and Obj277 just doing its job way better, surely it needs a look at.

What I see (IMO): 

121 - It's a tad under, seems like it could use a slight improvement.

T110E5 - About dead on, no indicators of needed any changes.

Obj. 430 - About dead on, no indicators of needed any changes.

E-50M - Also about dead on, no indicators of needing any changes.



ImpulseOyster42 #11 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:23 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1582 battles
  • 139
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 August 2019 - 09:20 AM, said:

What I see (IMO): 

121 - It's a tad under, seems like it could use a slight improvement.

T110E5 - About dead on, no indicators of needed any changes.

Obj. 430 - About dead on, no indicators of needed any changes.

E-50M - Also about dead on, no indicators of needing any changes.

 

Thanks for checking, I'll concede on the E5 and the E50M, 121 and 430 could use love though, as you provided with the 121. You able to submit it to the team? All the 121 needs is its -5 gun depr from it's current 3.5. 430 just a bit of aim time and dispersion on movement improvements

MaxChaos24 #12 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12951 battles
  • 20,461
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 15 August 2019 - 11:23 AM, said:

 

Thanks for checking, I'll concede on the E5 and the E50M, 121 and 430 could use love though, as you provided with the 121. You able to submit it to the team? All the 121 needs is its -5 gun depr from it's current 3.5. 430 just a bit of aim time and dispersion on movement improvements

 

I've made suggestions to the balance team from a previous thread to review some tanks. We do have a balance update coming in 4.11 so will see what all happens then. :honoring:

ImpulseOyster42 #13 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:30 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 1582 battles
  • 139
  • [-8TH-]
  • Member since:
    10-02-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 August 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

I've made suggestions to the balance team from a previous thread to review some tanks. We do have a balance update coming in 4.11 so will see what all happens then. :honoring:

 

Oh really? sweet! As long as they're done properly I'm excited for that. The last sweep was kinda backwards lol. Thanks for submitting the request on the 121 though.

USSWISCONSIN94 #14 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 11997 battles
  • 27,651
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 August 2019 - 10:25 AM, said:

 

I've made suggestions to the balance team from a previous thread to review some tanks. We do have a balance update coming in 4.11 so will see what all happens then. :honoring:

 

When is 4.11 coming? within the next day? week? end of month?  Spill it! :P

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


Koneko Da Best #15 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28384 battles
  • 572
  • [KMD]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 August 2019 - 09:25 AM, said:

 

I've made suggestions to the balance team from a previous thread to review some tanks. We do have a balance update coming in 4.11 so will see what all happens then. :honoring:

 

How about suggesting undoing the absurd aim time nerf to the E-50 at least to 2.7s like the sharpshooter has with the exact same gun

natedaishmaster #16 Posted 15 August 2019 - 03:48 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26012 battles
  • 273
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 August 2019 - 07:20 AM, said:

What I see (IMO): 

121 - It's a tad under, seems like it could use a slight improvement.

T110E5 - About dead on, no indicators of needed any changes.

Obj. 430 - About dead on, no indicators of needed any changes.

E-50M - Also about dead on, no indicators of needing any changes.

 

This is about right as far as I see it. The E5 is fine as long as some of the better heavies are nerfed a bit. The 50M might need a turret cheek buff or put its ROF back where it started but it is still a good tank. Do you have any similar thoughts on the K91, TVP, and WZ132-1?

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


MaxChaos24 #17 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:14 PM

    Gameplay Expert

  • Administrator
  • 12951 battles
  • 20,461
  • [WGW]
  • Member since:
    09-15-2013

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 15 August 2019 - 11:30 AM, said:

 

When is 4.11 coming? within the next day? week? end of month?  Spill it! :P

 

Soon™ (This month sometime). 

Kaptain Proton #18 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38819 battles
  • 55
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016

Block Quote

 The "how is that different?" Go-to argument went stale long ago, we have reskins and merc tanks.

 

I didn't know that was stale.  Heck I am all for buffing the obj 430 that's currently my favorite tank to play.  But my argument is not about balancing the tanks because they would all play the same.  Its about balancing the tanks in a way to give each one its own playstyle.  I don't play PC but they seem to be trying to do just that.    I think that would be better for the game and more fun.  



ArKenemyxX #19 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:24 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22108 battles
  • 1,978
  • [PRIME]
  • Member since:
    01-24-2017

View PostMaxChaos24, on 15 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

 

Soon™ (This month sometime). 

I have surgery on my B-day next tuesday so hope to see 4.11 drop next week!




MyGravyUrBizkit #20 Posted 15 August 2019 - 04:40 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8846 battles
  • 148
  • Member since:
    01-25-2015
As with the IS-7 and the other older heavies, they seem worse now than they use to because 5 years into the game people know where to shoot them. I still have good games in my E5, but at this point I just play it for the x2. I prefer to play the super cancer, chieftain, and E4 if I need my heavy tank fix.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users