How To Fix the Italian Line

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

N333DL3 #1 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40026 battles

The idea behind the Italian line is a hybrid between an auto loader and a single shot tank.  The problem is the reload times are insurmountable. 

In my opinion, the way to fix the tank is to make the last shell's reloading time similar to other single shot tanks in the class.  In other words, if an Italian tank is only shooting one shell and reloading before firing again, it is about the same as equally tiered medium tanks.

To offset this, the first, second (and third for tier X progetto), is where the reload time penalty is applied.  So if someone wants to fire their entire clip and try to get a burst damage benefit, then their reload for those shells brings the DPM back on line with other tanks.  

zeus 171 #2 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 15921 battles

I loved the tier 8 pantera, I thought I was pretty good overall.

Then I got to the tier 9 standard b and I just couldn’t be bothered with how derpy and how long the intra shot is, I switched back to the 90mm.

The 105 bounced a ton, and I’m enjoying not sitting around all day for the tank to load with the 105.

The dpm is horrendous with the 105

Dont have the 10 yet, but I was gonna hold off getting it because many said it kinda gets worse.  

Is it true it takes as long to reload 4 shells then the waffle takes to reload 6??

They got nerfed hard when they came to pc, so maybe something changes in the future. 

Tempest fox3 #3 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:39 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20928 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postzeus 171, on 15 August 2019 - 06:25 PM, said:

I loved the tier 8 pantera, I thought I was pretty good overall.

Then I got to the tier 9 standard b and I just couldn’t be bothered with how derpy and how long the intra shot is, I switched back to the 90mm.

The 105 bounced a ton, and I’m enjoying not sitting around all day for the tank to load with the 105.

The dpm is horrendous with the 105

Dont have the 10 yet, but I was gonna hold off getting it because many said it kinda gets worse.  

Is it true it takes as long to reload 4 shells then the waffle takes to reload 6??

They got nerfed hard when they came to pc, so maybe something changes in the future. 

The 105mm doesn't even have the standard 390 alpha. It has 360. It takes longer for the Progetto to reload than it takes a waffle to reload and it doesn't even do half the damage, not to mention it takes longer to unload and has worse overall gun handling and penetration. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

M4ntiX #4 Posted 15 August 2019 - 06:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29329 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostN333DL3, on 15 August 2019 - 06:10 PM, said:

The idea behind the Italian line is a hybrid between an auto loader and a single shot tank.  The problem is the reload times are insurmountable. 

In my opinion, the way to fix the tank is to make the last shell's reloading time similar to other single shot tanks in the class.  In other words, if an Italian tank is only shooting one shell and reloading before firing again, it is about the same as equally tiered medium tanks.

To offset this, the first, second (and third for tier X progetto), is where the reload time penalty is applied.  So if someone wants to fire their entire clip and try to get a burst damage benefit, then their reload for those shells brings the DPM back on line with other tanks.  

That would make the tanks blatantly overpowered, as there would be no DPM penalty when used as single shot, with the potential of unloading the clip at any time.

Single shot DPM cannot be on par with other mediums in the tier, they need the higher DPM to offset the lack of on-demand burst damage potential.

However, I agree console Italians have been hit by the nerf hammer way too hard and should be buffed, bringing them back closer to the PC stats.

Simply put, in their current incarnation they're not competitive and it's better to play other mediums or auto-loaders.

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

MaxAmmo10562 #5 Posted 15 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29950 battles

I'm hoping they might make some adjustments to the line with the upcoming balancing pass however, I'm not holding my breath. I was extremely disappointed in WG's treatment of the Italian line as I like most of you was really looking forward to grinding it.

Huge let down WG, shame...

Edited by MaxAmmo10562, 15 August 2019 - 08:12 PM.

N333DL3 #6 Posted 15 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 40026 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 15 August 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:

That would make the tanks blatantly overpowered, as there would be no DPM penalty when used as single shot, with the potential of unloading the clip at any time.

Single shot DPM cannot be on par with other mediums in the tier, they need the higher DPM to offset the lack of on-demand burst damage potential.

However, I agree console Italians have been hit by the nerf hammer way too hard and should be buffed, bringing them back closer to the PC stats.

Simply put, in their current incarnation they're not competitive and it's better to play other mediums or auto-loaders.

You make a good point.  My thought being though that if the burst damage shells (2-3&4) is used by the tank, then it would be offset by an even longer reload for those very shells 2-3(4).  

miju irl #7 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16268 battles
  • [IRL]

On PC firing doesn't reset the reload time if it's in middle of a reload.

Just fixing that would make the tank line alot more viable

ToxicBullbog #8 Posted 15 August 2019 - 10:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19803 battles

WG to actually hire someone for game balance?

They have shown on multiple occasions they have no idea how to balance this game.

Last "balance pass" i recall them nerfing a bunch of mediocre tanks then reversing a few of them.

It doesn't help that they have no system in place to test balance changes.

I don't play anymore, just loiter around the forum from time to time.

https://www.youtube.com/c/AngryBullbog

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users