Jump to content


Harbinger of the Apocalypse!

Hardcase

  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
21 replies to this topic

Thee Turtle God #1 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:33 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

The Hardcase is beautiful. I have never had this much fun playing WoT in a long time. Sadly, tanks like the Hardcase should not exist in WoT, the super thick spaced armour is way too trolly which turns tanks like this into a seal clubber tank. To me, this tanks plays like the Matilda used to play back in the day., where you can just sit sideways, backwards, etc, and just ricochet everything.

 

Anyway, here is a game where I angle like a doofus and get away with it.

 



Very Classy #2 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:48 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 34239 battles
  • 3,907
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    04-24-2014
Well, that was fun.


There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?             -- allhavoc

 

Some Classyfied info: I have my messages sent to friends only. However, I love seeing familiar names... so take this GG whenever you see me. 

Current mood: WoWS: Legends


USSWISCONSIN94 #3 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:50 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12565 battles
  • 28,448
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

Should have made the title "A Hardcase to crack" :D

 

I just got mine and my 1st game was interesting. not because of the tank but the team i was with.


http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


swindle 321 #4 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:52 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 41056 battles
  • 5,032
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    11-08-2013
I mentioned in the comments when I watched it this morning but this tank didn't really catch my eye, this was a fun replay though, I might have to get one next time around. 

     C9HMiZt.png

3rd Marks                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                YouTube

 


Thee Turtle God #5 Posted 16 August 2019 - 12:53 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View Postswindle 321, on 16 August 2019 - 08:52 AM, said:

I mentioned in the comments when I watched it this morning but this tank didn't really catch my eye, this was a fun replay though, I might have to get one next time around. 

 

To get it, all you need to do is give WoT another month of your life :D 

Luckily (sort of) I had the summer off so I could grind the Machine AND this monstrosity. 



Schiavoser #6 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:00 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41402 battles
  • 1,381
  • Member since:
    09-21-2016
I still haven't had a chance to fire at one

De ZuMME #7 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:10 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 10069 battles
  • 329
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostThee Turtle God, on 16 August 2019 - 01:33 PM, said:

Tanks like the Hardcase should not exist in WoT


:great:


But, looks like a fun match. Congrats on your new fortress!


"If the tanks succeed, then victory follows"
-Heinz Guderian

 


ATHFjman18 #8 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:22 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19139 battles
  • 7,850
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

Luckily 8/10 players running this tank are too oblivious to the fact that the frontal armor is its biggest weakness and just attempt to play it normally while I pen their frontal hull. I’ve yet to come across someone who can abuse the stupid side/rear armor. 

 

I’m sure there’s more players out there that know how to use it, but I’ve been lucky so far when I run into one... :teethhappy:


 


Thee Turtle God #9 Posted 16 August 2019 - 01:33 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostATHFjman18, on 16 August 2019 - 09:22 AM, said:

Luckily 8/10 players running this tank are too oblivious to the fact that the frontal armor is its biggest weakness and just attempt to play it normally while I pen their frontal hull. I’ve yet to come across someone who can abuse the stupid side/rear armor. 

 

I’m sure there’s more players out there that know how to use it, but I’ve been lucky so far when I run into one... :teethhappy:

 

Yeah, the tank is a rarity thanks to the grind and the Machine. Hopefully almost nobody gets it so the ones who have it, can abuse the troll armour! :D



USSWISCONSIN94 #10 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12565 battles
  • 28,448
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
Do hope WG does change the armor as it is insane to have all that spaced armor on it (Minuteman ad Abso as well) and buff the gun plus maybe the mobility as well. the 7 of GD does feel weird to have on a Russian/Chinese based turret though. feels foreign to have it which is awesome. thinking the gun should have the pen buff to 246mm (just like PC did to the Object 430 II's gun) and buff the traverse or something as well. as that armor is a crutch.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


x_BAlN_x #11 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 65122 battles
  • 2,863
  • Member since:
    03-02-2016

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 16 August 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Do hope WG does change the armor as it is insane to have all that spaced armor on it (Minuteman ad Abso as well) and buff the gun plus maybe the mobility as well. the 7 of GD does feel weird to have on a Russian/Chinese based turret though. feels foreign to have it which is awesome. thinking the gun should have the pen buff to 246mm (just like PC did to the Object 430 II's gun) and buff the traverse or something as well. as that armor is a crutch.

 

Is the GD 7 when reverse side scraping? Doesn't seem like it.

USSWISCONSIN94 #12 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12565 battles
  • 28,448
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 16 August 2019 - 09:15 AM, said:

 

Is the GD 7 when reverse side scraping? Doesn't seem like it.

 

Why would it have 7 over the rear of the tank?

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


Tempest fox3 #13 Posted 16 August 2019 - 02:50 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 22817 battles
  • 20,465
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013
Gave up on the hardcase grind as RNGesus said I wasn't allowed to set anything on fire while playing any eligible tank.

Got the minuteman at tier 7 though which does basically the same thing with its silly spaced side Armour. Wholeheartedly agree that such tanks should not really exist.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25, Boilermaker, Sentinel AC4 Experimental - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

Pit Friend #14 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:04 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 36166 battles
  • 19,935
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 16 August 2019 - 09:00 AM, said:

Do hope WG does change the armor as it is insane to have all that spaced armor on it (Minuteman ad Abso as well) and buff the gun plus maybe the mobility as well. the 7 of GD does feel weird to have on a Russian/Chinese based turret though. feels foreign to have it which is awesome. thinking the gun should have the pen buff to 246mm (just like PC did to the Object 430 II's gun) and buff the traverse or something as well. as that armor is a crutch.

 

They'll just need the gun like they did on the Maus because it’s “too survivable”. :sceptic:


I don’t know how to act my age! I’ve never been this old before!


TransparentBlue #15 Posted 16 August 2019 - 04:18 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13414 battles
  • 1,245
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View PostTempest fox3, on 16 August 2019 - 02:50 PM, said:

Gave up on the hardcase grind as RNGesus said I wasn't allowed to set anything on fire while playing any eligible tank.

Got the minuteman at tier 7 though which does basically the same thing with its silly spaced side Armour. Wholeheartedly agree that such tanks should not really exist.

 

I don't mind that they exist.

 

I just don't understand how my Gunner can know 700 tanks well enough to color the reticle perfectly, yet get as confused as a kindergartener doing calculus by spaced armor.

 

That's not right.

 

If we're going to play with a color reticle, it should be based on DAMAGING penetration, not just "pierce the tinfoil outer layer" red reticle.

 



RxLaw #16 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:05 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 78490 battles
  • 32
  • [DOA]
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014
Awesome video.  Totally rethinking the way I play this tank.

Thee Turtle God #17 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:06 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 16 August 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

 

Is the GD 7 when reverse side scraping? Doesn't seem like it.

 

It is if you angle the butt, but you can't have 7 over the engine deck,

Thee Turtle God #18 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:08 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 16 August 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Gave up on the hardcase grind as RNGesus said I wasn't allowed to set anything on fire while playing any eligible tank.

Got the minuteman at tier 7 though which does basically the same thing with its silly spaced side Armour. Wholeheartedly agree that such tanks should not really exist.

 

Lol I played the IS2-M they gave everyone (if you grinded the winter games ops), Played one battle in it and set a pz5/4 on fire first shot of the game.

 

The minuteman can't bounce rounds off the butt like this thing can though.



Thee Turtle God #19 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:09 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostPit Friend, on 16 August 2019 - 12:04 PM, said:

 

They'll just need the gun like they did on the Maus because it’s “too survivable”. :sceptic:

 

The rof is pathetic right now though, I don't see how they can nerf it any more without making it depressing to play.

Thee Turtle God #20 Posted 16 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 43346 battles
  • 960
  • [-1]
  • Member since:
    02-03-2014

View PostRxLaw, on 16 August 2019 - 04:05 PM, said:

Awesome video.  Totally rethinking the way I play this tank.

 

Noice. I might regret posting a video of how to play this thing :) now everyone is going to start doing it.





Also tagged with Hardcase

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users