• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #101 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20946 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostFusionStar287, on 22 August 2019 - 08:46 PM, said:

Honestly, it seems like people complain about every gun that doesn't have at least ~270mm of standard pen and ~330mm of premium pen at tier X. The Machine's gun is great for the platform and could only even possibly be considered bad if it were put on a very slow platform instead.

Even if it's not the most agile, the tank is fast and able to reposition easily. The gun is accurate and bursts out damage like nobodys business and doesn't take too long to reload either.

I just Don't see how anyone can consider it bad. Because it can't RB/RT the front of heavies? 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

rat_armagedon #102 Posted 29 October 2019 - 03:46 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31746 battles
  • [RECON]

View PostTsprinTs, on 17 August 2019 - 11:12 AM, said:

If TVP got nerfed like as is, The Machine needs a harder nerf for sure.

OR its about time the TVP got a massive buff. Hardly see it in battle at all now. Never bother to play my TVP its way too soft and an easy target. Any other T10 medium is better in game at the moment

De4thSt4lker206 #103 Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11960 battles
  • [BEACH]

View PostFusionStar287, on 17 August 2019 - 04:19 AM, said:

The AMX 50B is literally only 2kph slower, and the IS-7 can do 60kph while also having fantastic armor (unlike the 50B and Machine). Fast heavies are nothing new.

the 50B has a turret made of wet toilet paper that is twice the size of the Machine's, the IS-7 has no acceleration whatsoever (15 HP/t and 1.8 medium ground resistance VS 20+ and 1.3? not even close... why does it get better hull traverse and terrain resistances than the 50B again?) doesn't have an autoloader, has poor gunhandling and DPM. you are being disingenuous.

just because a tank can be killed doesn't mean it isn't OP, and a machine that is actually using it has armor that requires careful aiming to counter, something difficult to do when being shat on for 1200+.  it re-positions like a medium, or even a light tank if it can go down hill, has the second or third strongest medium tank turret in the game, on a hull that, while having weakspots, is 270mm effective on most of the frontal surface.

i don;t think it is crazy OP, but that it can do 67 kph (and it will reach that speed on the flat unlike other "fast" heavies) is utterly insane, and crying that it can't do 60+ UP HILL!?!?! there are maybe 5 tanks that can keep that kind of speed up a slope, all super-charged light tanks.  50KPH top speed. 

i daresay the people playing it will be forced to improve then as well, rather than just yoloing to the front of the map and insta-dying in the first 45 seconds

View PostFusionStar287, on 18 August 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

The Machine doesn't really have the capabilities of a heavy tank though. I mean, its frontal armor is fairly strong and it is good on ridgelines, but its armor is still notably worse than most heavy tanks as well as many mediums. It also only has the speed of a light tank when going downhill, and its view range is actually below average. 

so we are agreed that the chieftain needs a massive buff then, after all, it has worse hull armor and a worse turret and can't even go 42 on flat ground let alone 67 :trollface:

"when the truth, finally dawns, it dawns in fire".

T34-3 master race

Lord Jonny IV #104 Posted 29 October 2019 - 07:52 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12093 battles

As has already been said drop its speed a bit and its balanced.

As is it can rush in empty its clip and be halfway across the map by the time it has reloaded.

I urge everyone to track them lol

HollowPoint_808 #105 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19954 battles
  • [PATS]

If OP and most who suggest nerfing do not have tank then don't even bother how would they know if its OP .... lol 

Some people have spent time grinding tank, let us enjoy it the way it is built. 

Edited by HollowPoint_808, 29 October 2019 - 09:18 AM.

PS4 

John Arrowsmith #106 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 78176 battles

View PostHollowPoint_808, on 29 October 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

If OP and most who suggest nerfing do not have tank then don't even bother how would they know if its OP .... lol 

I seem to recall a lot of players who own the tank saying it's stupid,    myself included.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

HollowPoint_808 #107 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:23 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19954 battles
  • [PATS]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 29 October 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

I seem to recall a lot of players who own the tank saying it's stupid,    myself included.

I respect that but on the other hand let us enjoy tank the way it was built (even until WG/WOTC decides to do something with it) a lot of tanks have been nerfed, it was not an easy grind and think the advantages WG gave it gives people that worked for it some sort of incentive to work for it. 
                                                                                        PS4 

John Arrowsmith #108 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 78176 battles

View PostHollowPoint_808, on 29 October 2019 - 09:23 AM, said:

I respect that but on the other hand let us enjoy tank the way it was built (even until WG/WOTC decides to do something with it) a lot of tanks have been nerfed, it was not an easy grind and think the advantages WG gave it gives people that worked for it some sort of incentive to work for it. 

No Nerfs will happen,   the asbo is a fine example of this.   Data was shown which clearly indicated it was overperforming,  nothing happened  for a while then we got a statement saying it was performing well across all groups of players and no nerfs were needed.:teethhappy:  

HollowPoint_808 #109 Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:34 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 19954 battles
  • [PATS]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 29 October 2019 - 05:27 PM, said:

No Nerfs will happen,   the asbo is a fine example of this.   Data was shown which clearly indicated it was overperforming,  nothing happened  for a while then we got a statement saying it was performing well across all groups of players and no nerfs were needed.:teethhappy:  

Hardly Play the Absolution as I enjoy playing 9 and 10's unless i'm grinding but I get your point.  One of my points was OP does not own tank and he brought up the post of hard nerfing something that he hasn't tested.  And I think we can both agree one has to think before using The Machine because as OP as some has put it, you can't brawl or lead in it.  Yes we play it as a supporting tank and dump those 4 quick rounds but in that role my opinion being situational.  Working the frontlines with Machine will not lead its team to an auto victory.  
                                                                                        PS4 

John Arrowsmith #110 Posted 29 October 2019 - 10:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 78176 battles

View PostHollowPoint_808, on 29 October 2019 - 09:34 AM, said:

Hardly Play the Absolution as I enjoy playing 9 and 10's unless i'm grinding but I get your point.  One of my points was OP does not own tank and he brought up the post of hard nerfing something that he hasn't tested.  And I think we can both agree one has to think before using The Machine because as OP as some has put it, you can't brawl or lead in it.  Yes we play it as a supporting tank and dump those 4 quick rounds but in that role my opinion being situational.  Working the frontlines with Machine will not lead its team to an auto victory.  

That's strange because my experience is that a machine can push the front quickly then lock down part of the map while the rest of the team catches up and let's rip on anything that tries to push.

HollowPoint_808 #111 Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:39 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 19954 battles
  • [PATS]

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 29 October 2019 - 06:06 PM, said:

That's strange because my experience is that a machine can push the front quickly then lock down part of the map while the rest of the team catches up and let's rip on anything that tries to push.

A platoon of machines may lock a part of map but even then its not an auto victory, if one is running a machine and locking that part of map, unless your very good at it maybe... but not guaranteed 10 out of 10 games . Out of 10 games today have seen one in 2 or 3 games, they had no major part in victory, 2 died early, one kinda helped but nothing major.  The whole week have not seen a platoon of machines, in fact after the machine contract ended have only seen a platoon of machines once.  I get the machine has great stats but with the players these days, questionable, one still needs to know how to use the tank, will admit i'm not a purple player and still learning the tank and enjoying it. 
                                                                                        PS4 

Also tagged with The machine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users