• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Afro Palestine #41 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:09 PM

Major

• Players
  • 57015 battles
  • [HKC]

View Postooo NO ONE ooo, on 20 August 2019 - 04:31 PM, said:

Again not defending the Germans or Japanese. Do you think German civilians didn't suffer unbelievable atrocities too? How about 2 nuclear bombs on Japanese civilian cities?

Yes, they did suffer atrocities.  But suffering atrocities is not the metric we use to judge culpability for the war and ALL of the atrocities that came therefrom, and the moral judgement of history - and the expressions of that judgment (in this case the illegality,  and moral offense, of display of the Nazi swastika, et al).    The culpability lies with the aggressors.  Notably the Imperial Flag and Nazi Flag represent fascism, and regimes that entered into wars of annihilation based on racism and ethnic superiority.  Target populations would be erased, or literally enslaved.

That the German population suffered atrocity does not erase the crimes of the of the Nazis, or provide a moral counterbalance to allow for the display of the Nazi emblems.

SightlessRogue0 #42 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19927 battles

View PostAfro Palestine, on 20 August 2019 - 07:09 PM, said:

That the German population suffered atrocity does not erase the crimes of the of the Nazis, or provide a moral counterbalance to allow for the display of the Nazi emblems.

Nobody asked that. Your comparison with the United States earlier in the subject makes me think that your intervention is purely militant. When activism gets involved in a discussion there is nothing more to do, it becomes a deaf dialogue. I'm retiring.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

Afro Palestine #43 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:49 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57015 battles
  • [HKC]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 August 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

Nobody asked that. Your comparison with the United States earlier in the subject makes me think that your intervention is purely militant.

The poster introduced an unnecessary list of the faults of communist Russia. (This was not on-topic.)  I responded by say all countries had similar periods of hunger and destitution and hopelessness. And because I live the US, I used it as an example, both in historical terms and modern.   

Completely appropriate.

I don't know what you mean by militant.  Facts may be uncomfortable, but they are not "militant".  Notably you did not accuse the poster of being 'militant" for his list of grievances against the former Soviet Union.

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 August 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

When activism gets involved in a discussion there is nothing more to do, it becomes a deaf dialogue. I'm retiring.

You are retiring from a discussion we are not having.   You haven't even named what it is you think is "activism" so we understand what you are running from. 

Also tagged with Flags

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users