Buff Hardcase Gun

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Rotcat #1 Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:01 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18200 battles
  • [28-TL]

I've finally unlocked the Hardcase, and it seems amazing for reverse sidescraping, but there are many drawbacks, the biggest: the gun. I mean, a T-54 gun? My God.. Who thought it would be a fantastic idea to put a medium tank gun with awful penetration on a sluggish tank!? (when I aim for weakspots e.g. on a T95 or Tortoise, equal tiers, I will bounce with my standard rounds.) And lets not even start about penetrating tier x tanks.. I've been grinding like crazy the past months, but the tank's current state is awful. No wonder that you see none of them on the battlefield. And besides that you spend nearly as much time on the hardcase contract as on The Machine contract, ITS A WASTE OF TIME..

So WG, why would you not show the Hardcase a bit of love in the form of a penetration buff on its standard rounds? 

Thanks.

Acta non verba.

ATHFjman18 #2 Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18218 battles
  • [JOCO]
The gun is what balances the stupidly stupid armor.

Rotcat #3 Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:20 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18200 battles
  • [28-TL]

View PostATHFjman18, on 18 August 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

If youre in the right position, yeas, the armor is stupidly strong. The DpM is just over 2000 which balances the tank. Its not an issue for me to press A and have 330mm of pen, but that takes the fun away imo. Just a slight increase of penetration would already do the job. 219mm of pen is just too low, I'm talking about a slight buff to maybe to 225-228mm 

Acta non verba.

Pontiac Pat #4 Posted 18 August 2019 - 06:41 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 24938 battles
  • [47R]
It's definitely the thing that holds the tank back.  I'll be interested to see whether it's overall performance warrants a buff.  It blocks a lot of damage and can really have an impact on the battle as that wall the enemy wastes its time shooting at while your allies do the real damage.

Edited by Pontiac Pat, 18 August 2019 - 06:41 PM.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

SGT Rock 1963 #5 Posted 18 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 12844 battles
  • [JOCO]
Drive backwards and load premium ammo. Check.

SGT_Rock_1963   On mixer, Leave a follow. 

ImpulseOyster42 #6 Posted 18 August 2019 - 08:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [-8TH-]
Tank is fine.

MASHMAN 90 #7 Posted 18 August 2019 - 09:47 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 36005 battles

View PostATHFjman18, on 18 August 2019 - 06:03 PM, said:

Exactly. I don't have the Tank but it's a Tier 9 Absolution. I didn't mind the same gun on the Object 430 II when i grinded it 3 times. I just loaded HEAT if i felt 200 mm wasn't enough and have an extra 130 mm of Pen. 330 HEAT is great so effectively the Hardcase has no weakness.

TransparentBlue #8 Posted 19 August 2019 - 01:09 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13049 battles

View PostRotcat, on 18 August 2019 - 06:01 PM, said:

I've finally unlocked the Hardcase, and it seems amazing for reverse sidescraping, but there are many drawbacks, the biggest: the gun. I mean, a T-54 gun? My God.. Who thought it would be a fantastic idea to put a medium tank gun with awful penetration on a sluggish tank!? (when I aim for weakspots e.g. on a T95 or Tortoise, equal tiers, I will bounce with my standard rounds.) And lets not even start about penetrating tier x tanks.. I've been grinding like crazy the past months, but the tank's current state is awful. No wonder that you see none of them on the battlefield. And besides that you spend nearly as much time on the hardcase contract as on The Machine contract, ITS A WASTE OF TIME..

So WG, why would you not show the Hardcase a bit of love in the form of a penetration buff on its standard rounds? 

Thanks.

Wait, you want your Wacky Racestm tier NINE tank to have better armor than a tier TEN tank AND have a tier TEN gun instead of "just" a tier 9 gun? 

With tier ten level armor, it should actually have an even weaker gun than it already has.  Prammo under the A button makes this stupid thing ridiculous already.  

You're not supposed to be able to easily pen the T95 with standard rounds.  

Rotcat #9 Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18200 battles
  • [28-TL]
So lads, I love it how you guys talk with probably the idea of "I've read the stats of the tank and I can conclude this" My biggst issue that I addressed wasnt the fact of it getting OP (And if you have fought with the hardcase, or against it, than you know it isnt OP - mainly because of the DpM). The thing is by having such a low pen on standards rounds that practially can't pen shite from the front (you'll only see people's front of their armor, because most of the time you cant flank people- because youre too slow) The thing is, this low pen doesnt work on a heavy tank. Look: I have 37 million silver, its not an issue for me to press A and have 330mm of penetration when im fighting against equal tiers. But that would take the skill away. And like I said previously: dont buff it too much, a max increase of 10 extra mm of pen would be enough to make the tank playable with standard rounds.

Acta non verba.

KilledByPing #10 Posted 19 August 2019 - 11:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 14729 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostRotcat, on 18 August 2019 - 09:01 PM, said:

Thanks.

99% of mercenary contracts is a waste of time if you expect to get a "decent tank" actually.

There are literaly just 3 actually good and competetive mercenary tanks and 1 of them are not even released yet (refering to Chisel which were leaked on forums several times due to WG webmasters mistakes).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users