I know... Another matchmaker thread but

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

pepelefrogg #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 04:17 AM

Major

• Players
  • 49986 battles
How do you good players do it? I mean... I am, by no means great, but it seems in the last few months I have been screwed routinely in MM. I don't mean bottom tier too often. I mean silly stupid matches like the one that sets off this rant/thread. Reds had 14 tier 6's and a tier 4 arty. Greens had 13 tier 6's and a tier 4 arty...and me a tier 5... medium... At tundra... So often I've been getting very personally selective matches like that. 28 tier x's with one tier 8 on each side. (me and some other victim) I know it has always been a thing. But dang, it seems like at least once or twice a day lately. And I don't even flinch at bottom tier with 4 or 5 victims on each side. Or if i'm asking for trouble in a light or artillery. So purples, Is this common for you? How in the heck do you do anything in a centrifuge on a minimap being outspotted and outgunned with no speed to maneuver or room to run and reposition. ARRRRGGGHHH

atwilliams07 #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 07:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27929 battles

Happens to us all.  Bottom line is that you have to adapt.

Most bottom tier tanks can damage tanks 1 or 2 tiers above them.  The trick is not coming across them on your own, knowing their weak spots and timing when you don’t have hard cover.

pepelefrogg #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 08:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 49986 battles

View Postatwilliams07, on 19 August 2019 - 02:13 AM, said:

Happens to us all.  Bottom line is that you have to adapt.

Most bottom tier tanks can damage tanks 1 or 2 tiers above them.  The trick is not coming across them on your own, knowing their weak spots and timing when you don’t have hard cover.

Not normally a problem for me. Its being the only guy in the game with both hands tied behind my back that has gotten old. I don't care about being bottom tier. Being the only bottom tier routinely is the point.

busterALAN #4 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:36 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 43649 battles
  • [CRY]
The useless teammates I find worse than the mm (apart from not having equal amount of top tier tanks on each team, that just makes no sense in any universe,  apart from American wot console devs apparently)

CatSnipah #5 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:52 AM

Major

• Players
  • 26039 battles
  • [BNKR]

I’d postulate that one of the reasons I’ve gotten better over time is because I’ve learned to be more patient and adaptable - and a lot of that has come from playing down-tier. You can let it frustrate you and you can quit / yolo, etc. Or...you can adapt, slow down and find your best opportunities. Remember, if you quit or yolo, your stats take a negative hit (all manner of stats), yet it doesn’t take as much to earn higher xp and boost certain statistics when you are low tier.

It can can be pretty rewarding when you are two tiers down yet finish in the top 3 or 5.

unless that ONLY happens because your team is full of utter potatoes. The potato teams are what bother me more than where I am in the tier structure, honestly (as others have said, as well). 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users