Replace the Conquerer Gun Carriage with the Fv433 Abbott

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Steel Wolf 31 #1 Posted 19 August 2019 - 09:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [VGC]

For the most part the British artillery line favors small concealable vehicles, vehicles which are quick enough to be able to move with the front line and provide close flexible support. For most of the line the British artillery have short range low-yield guns which favor accuracy and rate of fire over damage and blast radius. I feel that the t rate through the tier 10 British artillery completely flipped that concept and instead go with large vehicles equipped with high caliber slow loading guns. The Fv433 Abbott entered service in 1965, which would put it at the extreme end of the game's time bracket along with the Mk. 6 Chieftain. Going in as a tier 10 the Abbott would be a relatively small vehicle they paltry 105 mm Canon, however I feel that would be fitting given the playstyle  of the majority of the British artillery line. 

I believe the Fv433 Abbott would be the ideal successor to the Bert play style. Rather than the distant orbital laser cannon that is the Conqueror Gun Carriage the Abbott would be more akin to someone lobbing a shot put over a hill.

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the emey does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...687&server=xbox

Potato QQ #2 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21289 battles

CGC is a excellent Artillery. 

105mm would be horrible at Tier 10

Haukkis #3 Posted 19 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33640 battles
Sounds interesting, it could be nice alternate British tier X arty.

Steel Wolf 31 #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 01:31 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostPotato QQ, on 19 August 2019 - 10:00 PM, said:

CGC is a excellent Artillery. 

105mm would be horrible at Tier 10

Did I mention the Abbott fires HESH? :P

But seriously. Having a small caliber low damage gun may not sound immediately enticing, however with a smaller gun usually comes a faster load time. Rather than gambling all your chips on a shot that might miss every 40 seconds. A smaller caliber gun alows more flexibility in that you would be firing more frequently. The moderately high penetration usually given to HESH shells combined with the high rate of fire and accuracy usually given to small caliber guns could make the Abbott better geared towards striking at lightly armored mediums, destroyers, or even a campy light while being more of a pest to heavily armored tanks. With a quick rate of fire you could take out and almost dead medium tank without sacrificing your ability to beat some XP out of an advancing heavy. 

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the emey does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://www.wotinfo.n...687&server=xbox

JollyGorilla98 #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 07:35 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 23902 battles
I can agree to it replacing the conquerer gc

Adrian9704 #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8558 battles
  • [HAKRZ]
I'm not sure about it completely replacing the CGC. Just branching out the line with the Abbot being an option at tier 10 would be nice, like how the FV4202 and Centurion Action X are both at the end of the British medium line.

Darth Wookius #7 Posted 27 August 2019 - 06:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 18638 battles

View PostSteel Wolf 31, on 19 August 2019 - 05:31 PM, said:

Did I mention the Abbott fires HESH? :P

But seriously. Having a small caliber low damage gun may not sound immediately enticing, however with a smaller gun usually comes a faster load time. Rather than gambling all your chips on a shot that might miss every 40 seconds. A smaller caliber gun alows more flexibility in that you would be firing more frequently. The moderately high penetration usually given to HESH shells combined with the high rate of fire and accuracy usually given to small caliber guns could make the Abbott better geared towards striking at lightly armored mediums, destroyers, or even a campy light while being more of a pest to heavily armored tanks. With a quick rate of fire you could take out and almost dead medium tank without sacrificing your ability to beat some XP out of an advancing heavy. 

the Abbott also has a 3 round auto loader. People also need to realize that by the time the abbot was conceived smaller caliber guns for arty were starting to become as good as older high caliber guns in terms of penetration and raw damage. Armored warfare shows this quite accurately.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users