Jump to content


Dreadnought 50% off


  • Please log in to reply
88 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #81 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:11 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 August 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

I thought they had the same gun. That's why I never got one because I already had the KV2

Nope, the Dreadnought has the same gun as the Slayer SU-152, so its AP shells have 175mm of pen and its HEAT shells have 250mm of pen (both of which deal 700 average damage).


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


CamaroGuy96 #82 Posted 22 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10368 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 August 2019 - 09:07 PM, said:

 

I thought they had the same gun. That's why I never got one because I already had the KV2

Nope. The Dreadnought has the bigger 152 off of the SU 152 and Slayer. Plus it gets high pen AP rounds and HEAT for the premium round.

 

Edit- Ninja'd by Fusion


  XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...


TocFanKe4 #83 Posted 22 August 2019 - 03:49 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21080 battles
  • 24,494
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostFusionStar287, on 21 August 2019 - 09:11 PM, said:

Nope, the Dreadnought has the same gun as the Slayer SU-152, so its AP shells have 175mm of pen and its HEAT shells have 250mm of pen (both of which deal 700 average damage).

 

That sounds kinda OP.


 

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.


FusionStar287 #84 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:06 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 August 2019 - 10:49 PM, said:

 

That sounds kinda OP.

It kinda is, especially on a faster KV-2 with a less than 3 second aiming time. Obviously the tank still doesn't have much armor and isn't exactly fast, but having that gun on a turreted tank at tier VII is easily worth any drawbacks.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


CamaroGuy96 #85 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:40 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Beta Tester
  • 10368 battles
  • 747
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostFusionStar287, on 21 August 2019 - 11:06 PM, said:

It kinda is, especially on a faster KV-2 with a less than 3 second aiming time. Obviously the tank still doesn't have much armor and isn't exactly fast, but having that gun on a turreted tank at tier VII is easily worth any drawbacks.

To be fair though, it's a one trick pony. In that 18-23 seconds between shots you're still a large tinderbox with tier V armor. Also it still suffers from other KV2 problems like poor gun depression and slow turret traverse. I got killed earlier by an A43 that side hugged me. I couldn't aim low enough to hit him and by the time I pulled away from him he circled me faster than I could turn the gun. Of course the two tier VIs I one shotted before that happened probably still think its op....


  XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...


FusionStar287 #86 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:48 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostCamaroGuy96, on 21 August 2019 - 11:40 PM, said:

To be fair though, it's a one trick pony. In that 18-23 seconds between shots you're still a large tinderbox with tier V armor. Also it still suffers from other KV2 problems like poor gun depression and slow turret traverse. I got killed earlier by an A43 that side hugged me. I couldn't aim low enough to hit him and by the time I pulled away from him he circled me faster than I could turn the gun. Of course the two tier VIs I one shotted before that happened probably still think its op....

Yeah, but the Dreadnought is no more a one trick pony than the KV-2 (in fact, I'd say it's less so because of its reliable pen and faster speed). That doesn't keep the KV-2 from being a very fun tank to play, and in my opinion the Dreadnought is even more enjoyable.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


FuzzySquirrel21 #87 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:45 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 11457 battles
  • 1,680
  • Member since:
    10-08-2016
50% off when it was released like what, 2-3 months ago....simply no reason to buy new releases anymore.

JediAL78 #88 Posted 22 August 2019 - 01:52 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 19238 battles
  • 2,922
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostFuzzySquirrel21, on 22 August 2019 - 01:45 PM, said:

50% off when it was released like what, 2-3 months ago....simply no reason to buy new releases anymore.

 

agreed.

I actually wanted the Paladin but thought there is no point buying it at the moment, so will just wait for a few months until it's offered at 50% off, don't think I'll ever buy another premium tank straight away, knowing full well they will be sold at a 50% discount a few months later.

I remember when the Knight was first sold and I bought it then, I think the next time it was sold was like a whole year later, making the purchase worthwhile. These days... not so much.


List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

 


SandM9 #89 Posted 22 August 2019 - 04:23 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 33271 battles
  • 3,317
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

I went on a binge of matches after buying this tank. Was having a great time but I swear after about ten matches it just stopped working. Couldn't break 1,000 damage and started missing and bouncing HEAT left and right. 

I also noticed that in many consecutive matches I did 0 damage to enemy crew of modules (excepting some "track" damage) while I had to use my first aid kit and repair kit(s) in all of them. But then this seems to be all of my tanks lately. Also in my 20 battles I've already burst into flames at least four times and sometimes through the front but I can't light anything up even when shooting at point blank range into the rear of other tanks.

 

Still think it was worth it just hope it evens out a little.


Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users