reticle color shift when fully tightened

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Destraag #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 05:57 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40622 battles

Im sure this has been suggested before. 

Any chance we can have the bounding circle on the reticle change to a different color when it is fully tightened? Preferably from a message from the server side to counter any delay from connection. 

When a person resorts to attacking the other person rather than focusing on the issue (aka argumentum ad hominem), it becomes pretty clear they have nothing else to contribute and are wrong.

Akumahito #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18914 battles
  • [0UCH]
The color represents your chance to pen.  What are you going to move that mechanic to?

TransparentBlue #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13049 battles
Also, can someone finally tell my Gunner about spaced armor?

The guy's an expert on 700 tanks, yet he's also an idiot.  

Hang a sheet of tinfoil over your tank and suddenly he goes all Col. Klink.

Akumahito #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:11 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18914 battles
  • [0UCH]

View PostTransparentBlue, on 20 August 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Also, can someone finally tell my Gunner about spaced armor?

The guy's an expert on 700 tanks, yet he's also an idiot.

Hang a sheet of tinfoil over your tank and suddenly he goes all Col. Klink.

Ehh not that much of an expert, he don't know angles.

- Been told that the reticle color represents your chance to pen with a direct 90 degree impact.  The reticle isn't small enough to say exactly what part of the tank you're aiming at so they can't calculate angle of impact.

Adrian9704 #5 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8499 battles
  • [HAKRZ]

View PostAkumahito, on 21 August 2019 - 05:11 PM, said:

Ehh not that much of an expert, he don't know angles.

- Been told that the reticle color represents your chance to pen with a direct 90 degree impact.  The reticle isn't small enough to say exactly what part of the tank you're aiming at so they can't calculate angle of impact.

Nope. The reticle does take into account the angle of the armor plate you're aiming at.

TransparentBlue #6 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:18 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13049 battles

View PostAdrian9704, on 22 August 2019 - 07:02 PM, said:

Nope. The reticle does take into account the angle of the armor plate you're aiming at.

Unless the enemy has unlocked the amazing secret of Reynolds Wrap technology!

Destraag #7 Posted 28 August 2019 - 03:02 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40622 battles

View PostAkumahito, on 20 August 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:

The color represents your chance to pen.  What are you going to move that mechanic to?

Right now both the inner circle and outer shift color for the pen estimate. Im suggesting only the outer color shift. this could be something like a blue shift so on full pen full tighten it would go from red now to purple ... no pen chance is a green shade and orange reticle on partial pen chance would move to a dark brown color.... while the center circle stays red orange or yellow.

This may be too complicated so as an alternative we might just add cross ticks to the bounding circle when fully tightened.... this wont muddy the colors and may be an easier visual indicator for those less attuned to colors. 

so we are all visualizing the same change im including an example:

https://www.storyblo...lyhp8ywj71e65rc

Edited by Destraag, 28 August 2019 - 03:11 PM.

When a person resorts to attacking the other person rather than focusing on the issue (aka argumentum ad hominem), it becomes pretty clear they have nothing else to contribute and are wrong.

dragonjim64 #8 Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10566 battles
I think these morons need to go back to kindergarten!!! I am so tired of seeing a red reticule and bouncing 9 out of 10 shots!! I have NEVER come across a dumber or less educated group of so called "people" in my life. They hold the RECORD for stupidity. Not only can these people NOT perform OR understand basic math I doubt very much they even know WHAT basic math IS!!! Its actually quite inspirational that somebody who HASN'T/CAN'T graduate the second grade can have a career in programming/coding

Destraag #9 Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 40622 battles

View Postdragonjim64, on 29 August 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

I think these morons need to go back to kindergarten!!! I am so tired of seeing a red reticule and bouncing 9 out of 10 shots!! I have NEVER come across a dumber or less educated group of so called "people" in my life. They hold the RECORD for stupidity. Not only can these people NOT perform OR understand basic math I doubt very much they even know WHAT basic math IS!!! Its actually quite inspirational that somebody who HASN'T/CAN'T graduate the second grade can have a career in programming/coding

Just because the reticle is red doesn't mean you will hit where you are aiming. It does mean that if you do hit that spot your round will penetrate the exposed layer. If you are aiming at spaced armor you have no way of knowing if you will pen the next layer.

It helps to know the tank you are aiming at. 

TransparentBlue #10 Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13049 battles

View PostDestraag, on 11 September 2019 - 05:18 PM, said:

Just because the reticle is red doesn't mean you will hit where you are aiming. It does mean that if you do hit that spot your round will penetrate the exposed layer. If you are aiming at spaced armor you have no way of knowing if you will pen the next layer.

It helps to know the tank you are aiming at. 

Truth.  

But spaced armor itself is stupid the way it confuses an otherwise expert Gunner.

Put a tinfoil hat on your tank and make the enemy Gunner stupid! 

How this ever got past the "Oh, here's an idea..." stage, I'll never understand. 

Destraag #11 Posted 13 September 2019 - 04:55 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 40622 battles

View PostTransparentBlue, on 11 September 2019 - 12:23 PM, said:

Truth.  

But spaced armor itself is stupid the way it confuses an otherwise expert Gunner.

Put a tinfoil hat on your tank and make the enemy Gunner stupid! 

How this ever got past the "Oh, here's an idea..." stage, I'll never understand. 

Yeah.. I've never really understood why they thought that was a good idea either but I don't know if its malicious or an oversight that has simply never been corrected.  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users