Jump to content


For all those "where's the RNG thanks threads"


  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

SandM9 #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 06:24 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles
  • 3,230
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

We have all heard the refrain. You've just had an absurdly over the top bad RNG game and want to vent at WG so boom!, an RNG thread is born. Only within the first page someone posts, "How come no one ever starts a thread when RNG helps them?". Well this if for you, poster...person.

 

Thanks RNG! 

 I was playing a match in my T50-2 doing the usual driving around like a river otter on redbull. I had spotted some enemies when a medium came to flush me out and as I frantically tried to escape I drive into a dead-end still spotted. I figured this was the end. I messed up and deserved to pay the price. It was at this moment that the sky cleared and a ray of light shown down as a booming voice said, "not today son, #magiclights!".  I proceeded to eat a Dreadnought round directly to the turret for zero damage and two shots missed me. My gun was damaged but, mehhh, I carry two repair kits just for this.

Went on to take second place. Thanks RNGesus.


Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


OldRugger51 #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:04 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19662 battles
  • 546
  • [BAN-1]
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014
Dunno about a good RNG moment, but "river otter on red bull" made me spit out Pepsi! :teethhappy:

Possibly the finest science fiction novel I have ever read. - Robert Heinlein on The Mote in God's Eye


CleverJoey1844 #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:16 PM

    Captain

  • Supertest - Xbox One
  • 44755 battles
  • 1,471
  • [STDZ]
  • Member since:
    03-05-2015
Is that like a " rabid rat in a NY sewer"? 

TocFanKe4 #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 23,954
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

People don't remember when they high roll by 20 damage and get a kill.  They assume that it will happen so they don't think anything of it. 

 

They remember a low roll by 20 damage and no kill.  They remember when they high roll by 20 damage, but leave 4 damage on the tank.  Those make them cry "mercy roll". 


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


WrathJ83 #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:15 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22251 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 20 August 2019 - 09:25 PM, said:

People don't remember when they high roll by 20 damage and get a kill.  They assume that it will happen so they don't think anything of it. 

 

They remember a low roll by 20 damage and no kill.  They remember when they high roll by 20 damage, but leave 4 damage on the tank.  Those make them cry "mercy roll". 

I remember these the most because they're [edited]. Even if it were me that received the shot I'd call [edited].

 

https://gamerdvr.com...9-ffd7dee7586e0

 



TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:22 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 23,954
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostWrathJ83, on 20 August 2019 - 09:15 PM, said:

I remember these the most because they're [edited]. Even if it were me that received the shot I'd call [edited].

 

https://gamerdvr.com...9-ffd7dee7586e0

 

 

Looks fine to me. Looks like your unaimed shot on the move bounced off the side of his turret at an auto bounce angle. What'd you expect with a gun that has bloom like that? HE might have killed him.


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


TransparentBlue #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:26 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 13049 battles
  • 932
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015
Confirmation bias is real, yo!

WrathJ83 #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:19 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22251 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 August 2019 - 05:22 AM, said:

 

Looks fine to me. Looks like your unaimed shot on the move bounced off the side of his turret at an auto bounce angle. What'd you expect with a gun that has bloom like that? HE might have killed him.

Did not hit his turret. Sparks from the bounce came off the [edited]between the heat shields of the mufflers. You keep claiming bias when it happens every game to a lot of people who have never been in the same room or spoke to one another. That kind of bias goes both ways.

 

At that range with the gun pointed at the center of the tank it would be physically impossible for the shell to fly out of the gun sideways and strike the side of the turret. Plus the tiger just so happened to only have 147 HP left. You keep claiming they are not real saying that everyone who shows something like this is biased though.

 

You can see the impact mark between the mufflers.



Cobravert #9 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27310 battles
  • 3,741
  • [WPLAC]
  • Member since:
    03-10-2014

View PostSandM9, on 20 August 2019 - 01:24 PM, said:

You've just had an absurdly over the top bad RNG game and want to vent at WG so boom!, an RNG thread is born.

....

I proceeded to eat a Dreadnought round directly to the turret for zero damage and two shots missed me. My gun was damaged but, mehhh, I carry two repair kits just for this.

This thread could soon be followed up by the Dreadnought driver's own thread of broken RNG...



WrathJ83 #10 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:30 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22251 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostCobravert, on 21 August 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

This thread could soon be followed up by the Dreadnought driver's own thread of broken RNG...

It applies. Since dispersion is controlled by RNG as well. The forum is full of the voluntary police who stand by to shame anyone who makes a claim regardless of proof. Like ghost shells ect. That is until they have something to complain about and then there is no way they could be wrong or "biased". Funny how that works.



TocFanKe4 #11 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:49 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 23,954
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostWrathJ83, on 21 August 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

Did not hit his turret. Sparks from the bounce came off the [edited]between the heat shields of the mufflers. You keep claiming bias when it happens every game to a lot of people who have never been in the same room or spoke to one another. That kind of bias goes both ways.

 

At that range with the gun pointed at the center of the tank it would be physically impossible for the shell to fly out of the gun sideways and strike the side of the turret. Plus the tiger just so happened to only have 147 HP left. You keep claiming they are not real saying that everyone who shows something like this is biased though.

 

You can see the impact mark between the mufflers.

 

I see an impact mark on the side of his turret. The aiming circle of a KV2 gun on the move is huge. It can definitely hit the side of his turret. It's not coming out of your gun sideways. 

 

You can see it create the mark after you fire. The Tiger shots right before you, so there's smoke and sparks that obscure things. But you can see the mark on the side of the turret that wasn't there before you fired. You autobounced.  The mark between the heat shields was there before you shot

 

 

 

 


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


TocFanKe4 #12 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:20 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 23,954
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostWrathJ83, on 21 August 2019 - 08:30 AM, said:

It applies. Since dispersion is controlled by RNG as well. The forum is full of the voluntary police who stand by to shame anyone who makes a claim regardless of proof. Like ghost shells ect. That is until they have something to complain about and then there is no way they could be wrong or "biased". Funny how that works.

 

I make my living of data collection and analysis.  I don't automatically believe people who think that there is a conspiracy to make them lose.  I need proof.  Your proof does not show a mercy bounce.  Here's right before you shot your gun.  The aiming circle is big enough that a shot can fly over and hit the turret side.  There's no black mark on the side of the turret in front of the two wiggly bits.  There IS a spot right between the heat shields, where you claim your shot mercy bounced. 

 

 

Here is after you shot your gun.  The Tiger shot right before you did, so the smoke and sparks obscured things a bit.

 

Now there is a black mark on the side of the turret next to the mantlet.  This shows the round flew to the outer part of your aiming circle to hit the side of the turret and bounced.  There was no mercy bounce.  You used a famously inaccurate and troll gun.  It trolled you.  It happens. 

 

You saw a mark where you wanted the round to go, and believed it was the mercy bounce that explains why you didn't succeed.  But it wasn't.  The mark between the heat shields was there before you fired.  It was the game operating normally to balance a very powerful gun against very bad accuracy. 

 

Mercy rolls don't exist outside of normal RNG and hit point subtraction.  If you hit a 100 HP tank with a 95 damage gun but roll 101 for the kill, you think nothing of it.  You don't praise RNG for it's help unless you high roll something huge in a Death Star.  People don't praise RNG unless it's obvious.  It's the result you're hoping to see. 

 

If you hit a 100 HP tank for 95 damage with a 95 damage gun, you're apt to curse mercy rolls because all you see is a tank on 5 HP.  This happens throughout different combinations of rolls and damages left.  People in general remember things they don't expect, and remember negative things more than positive.  It's the way our brains work. 


Edited by TocFanKe4, 21 August 2019 - 03:29 PM.

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


WrathJ83 #13 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22251 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 August 2019 - 02:49 PM, said:

 

I see an impact mark on the side of his turret. The aiming circle of a KV2 gun on the move is huge. It can definitely hit the side of his turret. It's not coming out of your gun sideways. 

 

You can see it create the mark after you fire. The Tiger shots right before you, so there's smoke and sparks that obscure things. But you can see the mark on the side of the turret that wasn't there before you fired. You autobounced.  The mark between the heat shields was there before you shot

 

 

 

 

There are 3 impact marks on the tiger. I fired at center mass, but with the [edited]dispersion in game I guess at that range it must be the one that's the most ridiculous and not the one where the gun was pointing upon firing. So still not mercy for a no health vehicle at point blank range and the shell flies up and away from center at a ridiculous angle and strikes the turret?  Still seems to be along the lines of a mercy roll. Ill just let it go until the next time someone who claims they don't exist complains about the RNG from accuracy and penetration saving a one shot vehicle.

 

Also the mark on the turret is there in both shots. You can barely see it, but it's there.



SandM9 #14 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:12 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles
  • 3,230
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

View PostCobravert, on 21 August 2019 - 06:25 AM, said:

This thread could soon be followed up by the Dreadnought driver's own thread of broken RNG...

This guy gets it. "the duality of man, that Jungian thing, sir!"

 

I wouldn't blame them. I should go back and find the clip but I'm lazy.

I expected to receive hate mail but unfortunately none arrived. 

 


Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


SandM9 #15 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:14 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles
  • 3,230
  • Member since:
    08-03-2013

Hey!!!! This is a thread to "Thank" RNG, so GET OFF MY....LAAAAWWWNNN!! Or I swear I'll go find that "negative vibes" meme.

 

:trollface:


Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

 

 


WrathJ83 #16 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22251 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostSandM9, on 21 August 2019 - 04:14 PM, said:

Hey!!!! This is a thread to "Thank" RNG, so GET OFF MY....LAAAAWWWNNN!! Or I swear I'll go find that "negative vibes" meme.

 

:trollface:

If only the tiger player posted on the forum. then he/she could celebrate with you.



TocFanKe4 #17 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:17 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 23,954
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostWrathJ83, on 21 August 2019 - 11:16 AM, said:

If only the tiger player posted on the forum. then he/she could celebrate with you.

 

That's true.  :teethhappy:

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


WrathJ83 #18 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:20 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22251 battles
  • 1,496
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 21 August 2019 - 04:17 PM, said:

 

That's true.  :teethhappy:

I'm not trying to be a [edited]and piss people off everyone. Just sharing my crap experiences in-game.



FromBravo2Kilo #19 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:29 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 21223 battles
  • 2,452
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    12-23-2015

View PostWrathJ83, on 21 August 2019 - 11:08 AM, said:

There are 3 impact marks on the tiger. I fired at center mass, but with the [edited]dispersion in game I guess at that range it must be the one that's the most ridiculous and not the one where the gun was pointing upon firing. So still not mercy for a no health vehicle at point blank range and the shell flies up and away from center at a ridiculous angle and strikes the turret?  Still seems to be along the lines of a mercy roll. Ill just let it go until the next time someone who claims they don't exist complains about the RNG from accuracy and penetration saving a one shot vehicle.

 

Also the mark on the turret is there in both shots. You can barely see it, but it's there.

 

I feel your pain.  I absolutely hate the “luck” percentage dealing with dispersion.  The dispersion values for close in targets need to be reduced.  Nothing like a tank round/shell leaving the barrel at a 45 degree angle.  Honestly when I played the OBJ 704 I was pissing away rounds at targets under 100m. Every red was safe.  I did have a video where I was hugging a corner and 95% of my gun is pointing around it.  Yep.  You guess it.  Smacked the corner of the building. 


 


TocFanKe4 #20 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:30 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20774 battles
  • 23,954
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostWrathJ83, on 21 August 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

I'm not trying to be a [edited]and piss people off everyone. Just sharing my crap experiences in-game.

 

You're not pissing me off. Crazy [edited]happens. I get pissed about things I think should have penned too. But I also enjoy when RNG helps me, like when my little light tank pens the side of some armored  behemoth and takes him out.  Part of my fun on the forum is the debate and discussion of topics like this. I try not to be personal about it. 


 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users