Japanese Tiger?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

Jherry Angel #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:55 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33891 battles

I see it's on trade-in at moment. I dont play Japanese tanks very much beyond the STA-2.

Is this one any good? Ive a tank lined up as a straight swap and wanted some advice before doung so. 

Cheers. 

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

USSWISCONSIN94 #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 08:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12009 battles
  • [47R]
Where the Tiger should be and it's pretty good too. Least on PC. both are the same.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

Sadriel Fett #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:09 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27806 battles
  • [A4C]
If you have either the Tiger 217 or the Citadel Tiger, it plays the exact same way.  All three are basically reskins of each other, with only slight differences.  It's a really good tank, like all the other Tier 6 Tigers.  It's alot slower than the Tier 7 Tigers, but that's about it.  WG missed a good opportunity to make this tank more unique by making it a German/ Japanese dual-trainer.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

BigHundy #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:14 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

View PostSadriel Fett, on 20 August 2019 - 09:09 PM, said:

If you have either the Tiger 217 or the Citadel Tiger, it plays the exact same way.  All three are basically reskins of each other, with only slight differences.  It's a really good tank, like all the other Tier 6 Tigers.  It's alot slower than the Tier 7 Tigers, but that's about it.  WG missed a good opportunity to make this tank more unique by making it a German/ Japanese dual-trainer.

Yeah but then they can't sell 14 Tiger variants

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

Teffisk #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:18 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23280 battles
  • [-L7-]
Why buy another Japanese premium when you only play the STA-2? If you don't need another Japanese crew, I'd pass.

SightlessRogue0 #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:42 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19195 battles

View PostTeffisk, on 20 August 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

Why buy another Japanese premium when you only play the STA-2? If you don't need another Japanese crew, I'd pass.

If you have a trash or a useless reskin lying around ... I already have a horror bog, I got the Japanese tiger for free against the mutant.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

x rocketfish x #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:29 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15607 battles
It is a good tank. I have it on my alt and it is my highest average damage tier 6 tank. Gun handling is good. Dpm is ood.

One thing to note.  It doesn't have the huge hit point pool the tier 7 Tigers do for their tier.

Jherry Angel #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:37 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33891 battles

View PostTeffisk, on 20 August 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 21 August 2019 - 01:42 AM, said:

If you have a trash or a useless reskin lying around ... I already have a horror bog, I got the Japanese tiger for free against the mutant.

Exactly this ^....a premium I never play swapped for one I will play as an alt for STA2.  An action that will cost me nothing.  I have 2 Japanese crews - one in each.  Suppose it would even save me the effort of swapping each in and out the STA2. 

I just didn't want to swap a pile of junk for another. 

XT356 #9 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:23 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10075 battles
  • [WOOO]

View PostJherry Angel, on 20 August 2019 - 11:37 PM, said:

Exactly this ^....a premium I never play swapped for one I will play as an alt for STA2.  An action that will cost me nothing.  I have 2 Japanese crews - one in each.  Suppose it would even save me the effort of swapping each in and out the STA2. 

I just didn't want to swap a pile of junk for another. 

Consider yourself lucky. I got four japanese crews and two will make me burn the world to the ground if I loose them. Since they are from the edelweiss and the nameless.  Also, when the tiger fever bites and I dont want to play tier nine or ten, it is nice knowing I can jump into three tanks with the exact same play styles.

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

Jherry Angel #10 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:27 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33891 battles

View PostXT356, on 21 August 2019 - 07:23 AM, said:

Consider yourself lucky. I got four japanese crews and two will make me burn the world to the ground if I loose them. Since they are from the edelweiss and the nameless.  Also, when the tiger fever bites and I dont want to play tier nine or ten, it is nice knowing I can jump into three tanks with the exact same play styles.

I hear you about the crews - I feel that same way about my Brit & US 'supercrews' with 12+ skills/perks.

I played the Japanese medium line up to the STA-1 but stopped there; ditto with the heavy line at the O-I exp.  The heavy line I found frustrating but probably because I'm not the best heavy player in the world.  I prefer faster moving lights/mediums - why I favoured the STA-1.

Never played/brought Edelwess or Nameless - dont see either very much these days.  Are they any good?

Edited by Jherry Angel, 21 August 2019 - 12:33 PM.

XT356 #11 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10075 battles
  • [WOOO]

View PostJherry Angel, on 21 August 2019 - 05:27 AM, said:

I hear you about the crews - I feel that same way about my Brit & US 'supercrews' with 12+ skills/perks.

I played the Japanese medium line up to the STA-1 but stopped there; ditto with the heavy line at the O-I exp.  The heavy line I found frustrating but probably because I'm not the best heavy player in the world.  I prefer faster moving lights/mediums - why I favoured the STA-1.

Never played/brought Edelwess or Nameless - dont see either very much these days.  Are they any good?

Nameless, no. Its fun when people dont know how to fight it. But 1 degree of gun depression on such an insanely tall chassis makes it almost useless. The edelweiss on the other hand, its damn fast and a lot of fun to play. If top tier, it makes the ultimate scout hunter.

The main thing is, the they both have unique crews. Much like the sevalton crew and the wotjak. 

“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

Jherry Angel #12 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:01 PM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33891 battles

View PostXT356, on 21 August 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

Nameless, no. Its fun when people dont know how to fight it. But 1 degree of gun depression on such an insanely tall chassis makes it almost useless. The edelweiss on the other hand, its damn fast and a lot of fun to play. If top tier, it makes the ultimate scout hunter.

The main thing is, the they both have unique crews. Much like the sevalton crew and the wotjak. 

Ah!  I remember the forum lost its sh!t when they were introduced.

A heavy with 1 degree gun-depression must be pretty hard to play - not something for me.  Yes - remember the Edelweiss is pretty mobile.  And can be a pain to play against.  IIRC the gun packs quite a wallop.

I remember with unique crews but did they come with a special ability - like the later Dark Horse tanks (Snakebite et al)?

XT356 #13 Posted 22 August 2019 - 05:37 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10075 battles
  • [WOOO]

View PostJherry Angel, on 21 August 2019 - 12:01 PM, said:

A heavy with 1 degree gun-depression must be pretty hard to play - not something for me.  Yes - remember the Edelweiss is pretty mobile.  And can be a pain to play against.  IIRC the gun packs quite a wallop.

I remember with unique crews but did they come with a special ability - like the later Dark Horse tanks (Snakebite et al)?

Nope. Just unique voices form the actual actors from the vakyria games. But when the stars align, the nameless can be a lot of fun. Fast as hell and even tier nines have trouble penning it when properly angled.

Willen #14 Posted 22 August 2019 - 06:39 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27468 battles

View PostJherry Angel, on 21 August 2019 - 08:01 AM, said:

1 degree is an exaggeration. It's actually 5 degrees. Combined with the tall height it's effectively less, though. And while the original PC version got 8 degrees off the sides, ours got nerfed to 5 all around. Plus, the frontal armor got nerfed too. That being said, it can be fun in the right situations. The gun is punchy with good pen and damage. And it has decent speed.

The Edelweiss is the true star. Great balance of all the things you want from a medium tank. Great mobility & speed, decent armor, a very nice gun, and good view range at 390m. Biggest downside is the tall hull that comprises the camo rating, and messes with the 8 degree gun depression. The 2 lights on the hull corners don't help the gun depression either.

As for the Japanese Tiger (HT No. VI), if you like Tigers and need another crew trainer, it's a pretty good tank. I prefer using it versus my tier 8 premiums since you're at a smaller disadvantage with an unskilled/low-skill crew at tier 6.

Jherry Angel #15 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:24 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 33891 battles

Thanks everyone for your advice - did the trade-in and already happy with having done so.

Happy tanking all

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users