The Kranvagn is the best tier X tank.

• Please log in to reply
123 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:23 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

I was going to wait until I had a few more games in the tank to make this thread, but considering how similar the Kranvagn is to the Emil II and how well the Kranvagn has been performing for me I decided to say this now. As the title says, the Kranvagn has to be not just the best tier X heavy tank, but the best tier X period, and it amazes me just how few people actually seem to own/play this tank. Of course, that's a pretty bold claim for a tank that's competing with the likes of the Machine, M48 Patton, and T110E4, but just looking at the tank's positives and negatives you can see why the tank is so good. To quickly list those off:

Pros:

• Has the best turret armor in the game
  • Has a 1600 damage per clip autoloader
  • Has the best gun depression of any tier X tank
  • Has a very fast top speed of 60kph and a solid power to weight ratio
  • Has very strong upper plate armor and enough side armor to sidescrape against almost every gun
  • Has solid mobility, health, view range, and gun handling for a tier X heavy

Cons:

• Has a weak lower plate and weak side armor
  • Has the longest reload and unload time of the four round tier X autoloaders
  • Has mediocre pen and acceleration
  • Has...actually, that's pretty much it.

To sum up what this all means, the Kranvagn is the single strongest tank on ridge lines in the game by a large margin, when not on ridgelines it can still bonce shots with its upper plate armor and when sidescraping, and even when not using its armor at all it can still take one shot of damage to trade 1600 damage in return. It has the speed and mobility to keep from being stuck on flank or circled by most tanks, it has enough health to take some penning hits/HE shells and still be in the fight, and its weaknesses are almost entirely negated by its strengths (like the long unload time being made irrelevant by its invincible turret, its long reload and mediocre pen being largely dismissed by its good ability to reposition, and its weak lower plate being able to be hidden very easily on most rubble piles and ridgelines).

The Kranvagn is simply an incredible tank that can excel in any situation thanks to its incredible survivability and flexibility, and since the grind up to it is a rather easy one with plenty of solid tanks I can't recommend grinding up to the Kranvagn enough. It's truly one of the most underrated tanks in the game, and as long as you're comfortable with playing autoloaders I suspect you'll find success rather easily in the Kranvagn. Anyway, thanks for reading, and happy tanking!

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

USSWISCONSIN94 #2 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

SHHHH! Don't Tell them! They will nerf it!

:hiding:

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

FusionStar287 #3 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:26 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 20 August 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

SHHHH! Don't Tell them! They will nerf it!

:hiding:

Or they'll make it even more OP by giving it the PC buffs. :P

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

ThermalStone #4 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:34 PM

Major

• Players
  • 31773 battles
  • [80085]
And yet I've never seen a single complaint or "Please Nerf" thread about it.  

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

USSWISCONSIN94 #5 Posted 20 August 2019 - 09:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

View PostFusionStar287, on 20 August 2019 - 04:26 PM, said:

Or they'll make it even more OP by giving it the PC buffs. :P

hope they don't do that. Not a fan of how it feels on PC. the 440 alpha is another wonderful WG logic. but the inter clip reload would be nice

View PostThermalStone, on 20 August 2019 - 04:34 PM, said:

And yet I've never seen a single complaint or "Please Nerf" thread about it.  

​Which translate to "We NeEd AmX 50b BuFfS" is what those threads are.

Tempest fox3 #6 Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:03 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20443 battles
  • [JOCO]

You missed one con - has literally the worst prammo round at tier 10.

I really can't agree with you about it being the best. It's decent but I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 honestly.

Your performance in it has less to do with the tank and more to do with your own skill level. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Haukkis #7 Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33710 battles
It's a good tank but best tier X? Not even close, not even best auto-loading heavy imo.

FusionStar287 #8 Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:47 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTempest fox3, on 20 August 2019 - 05:03 PM, said:

You missed one con - has literally the worst prammo round at tier 10.

I really can't agree with you about it being the best. It's decent but I wouldn't even put it in the top 5 honestly.

Your performance in it has less to do with the tank and more to do with your own skill level. 

It does have pretty poor premium ammo (although it's still not the worst since the tier X lights exist), but at the same time 300mm of pen is plenty against most well armored tanks and the standard shells work perfectly fine against most tanks anyway. Also, while by performance in it and the Emil II might be because of my own skill level, it also wouldn't be possible without the many strengths offed by the tanks themselves.

FusionStar287 #9 Posted 20 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostHaukkis, on 20 August 2019 - 05:30 PM, said:

It's a good tank but best tier X? Not even close, not even best auto-loading heavy imo.

Honestly the Machine is the only autoloading heavy (and the only tier X period) that might be better, as it does have the edge in speed and unload/reload times even if it does have worse armor and clip potential. That said, the T57 Heavy loses far too much armor, gun handling, and mobility for its much better unload/reload speeds to be better (although the T57 Heavy is certainly still a strong tank), and the AMX 50B is almost entirely outclassed by the Kranvagn.

ImpulseOyster42 #10 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:07 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [-8TH-]

Turret isnt the best, it's great but far from the best.

Both the standard rounds and premium rounds are terrible in ways of Penetration, Velocity, and long clip reload. Best Tier X goes to S.Conq, 430U, 5A or Machine.

USSWISCONSIN94 #11 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 20 August 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

You what? It IS the best.

ImpulseOyster42 #12 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 1582 battles
  • [-8TH-]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 20 August 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

You what? It IS the best.

No..its really not, its armor comes from the angle rather than the thickness, IS7 is the best turret on console, T32 has the 2nd frontal wise, including the thickest front turret armor stacking of 500mm+. The kran turret gets peppered by HE, and you can pen the hatches fairly easily with an accurate gun, I do it all the time.

If the Kranvagn is the Best Tier X, why is it rarely played, and why on PC was it overhauled because of similar lack of interest?  :sceptic:

FusionStar287 #13 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:27 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 20 August 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

No..its really not, its armor comes from the angle rather than the thickness, IS7 is the best turret on console, T32 has the 2nd frontal wise, including the thickest front turret armor stacking of 500mm+. The kran turret gets peppered by HE, and you can pen the hatches fairly easily with an accurate gun, I do it all the time.

If the Kranvagn is the Best Tier X, why is it rarely played, and why on PC was it overhauled because of similar lack of interest?  :sceptic:

The Kranvagn does have the best turret hands down, especially if you factor in its gun depression as well. The IS-7 does have a great turret, but it still has a weak point just below its gun and very high pen premium shells can pen its turret front right beside the mantle, and while the T32's turret is better tier for tier it still has a cupola weak point as well as a small bar above the mantle that can be penned. The Kranvagn, on the other hand, at worst on flat ground has 340-350mm of effective armor, and once you start using just some of its gun depression its entire turret front very quickly becomes ~380-400mm effective at its weakest. On top of that its cupolas simply aren't hittable until it starts using its gun depression, and even when they are hittable they're very small targets that can be completely hidden simply by aiming up a bit.

As for why it isn't played that often, I honestly don't know.

USSWISCONSIN94 #14 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:28 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 20 August 2019 - 06:13 PM, said:

You can pen the IS-7's checks and the T32's mantle with HEAT and APCR even hull down. You can't do that to the Kranny when hull down. as for it being changed on PC. because the Frecnh 20B and 50 100/120 players cried a river about them being OP and making them useless (which wasn't true) so they got the nerfed hammer and did it to the Emils/Kranvagn while buffing the French Heavies GD, aim time and other areas. so because of that they changed it because no one went to the lines (which is true here but yet they still work well.) and now they are kinda OP because they did buff them on PC to cater to French players.

FusionStar287 #15 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:31 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostImpulseOyster42, on 20 August 2019 - 06:07 PM, said:

Both the standard rounds and premium rounds are terrible in ways of Penetration, Velocity, and long clip reload. Best Tier X goes to S.Conq, 430U, 5A or Machine.

While its pen isn't very good it's still more than enough against most tanks, its standard shells have pretty average shell velocity, and as previously mentioned its long clip reload isn't really much of a problem because of its good speed and great armor. Also, the S. Conqueror and Object 430U are both highly overrated and not even close to the best tier X, the 5A is a very good heavy that is just not quite as good as others, and Machine is the one tier X heavy that might possibly be a better tank (although currently I'm confident in my opinion that the Kranvagn is better).

DrHorrible4Life #16 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:44 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles

Well this is an interesting read.  I've personally never looked at the enemy team list to count the Kranberries.  I do look at the enemy team list to count Machines, S. Conquerors, and Obj430u.  

To me, each of those tanks represent a much higher threat than the Emil 3.

USSWISCONSIN94 #17 Posted 20 August 2019 - 11:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 20 August 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Well this is an interesting read.  I've personally never looked at the enemy team list to count the Kranberries.  I do look at the enemy team list to count Machines, S. Conquerors, and Obj430u.  

To me, each of those tanks represent a much higher threat than the Emil 3.

because potatoes love to flock to OP/broken tanks like those 3. Mainly good players or those who like the look of the tank go for it. like i did. and it's worth it with WG buffing it (and hope they do it again to the pen as APCR/HEAT on it is terrible. Give it AP (pen the same) and buff the HEAT to 340 like the others. Just played my Emil II and i still love it. but do wish it got some buffs.

LiteralComic635 #18 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 402 battles

Granny is one of the few tier 10's I actually try to avoid. I think that it is not seen much because so few bothered to get that far up the line. I stopped at tier 8 but I will shortly get the Emil II and grind out the Kran. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

DrHorrible4Life #19 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:18 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12499 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 20 August 2019 - 11:49 PM, said:

because potatoes love to flock to OP/broken tanks like those 3. Mainly good players or those who like the look of the tank go for it. like i did. and it's worth it with WG buffing it (and hope they do it again to the pen as APCR/HEAT on it is terrible. Give it AP (pen the same) and buff the HEAT to 340 like the others. Just played my Emil II and i still love it. but do wish it got some buffs.

So it's not the best tank in tier X, because it actually kind of sucks while others are clearly better.

The 430u is better.  The S. Conqueror is better.  The Machine is better. 

But here is the real sticking point.  I'd rather my highly skilled teammate be in a T57 with its more manageable reload, or a BC25t, or a Machine with their better mobility.

I get that the Kran's turret is godlike.  It's beastly, and could at least make a case for best turret in the game.  The gun isn't scary enough.  If the first shot from a Kramwagon tracks you, you have time to repair it and pull back into cover.  Same scenario vs a Machine and you can get retracked before you can get away.

430u will just make your gun worthless as you struggle to pen his weakspots while he drives around you and dpms you down during your reload.

I'm not saying it's bad.  I'm saying it clearly isn't the best.

USSWISCONSIN94 #20 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:29 AM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

View PostDrHorrible4Life, on 20 August 2019 - 07:18 PM, said:

So it's not the best tank in tier X, because it actually kind of sucks while others are clearly better.

The 430u is better.  The S. Conqueror is better.  The Machine is better. 

But here is the real sticking point.  I'd rather my highly skilled teammate be in a T57 with its more manageable reload, or a BC25t, or a Machine with their better mobility.

I get that the Kran's turret is godlike.  It's beastly, and could at least make a case for best turret in the game.  The gun isn't scary enough.  If the first shot from a Kramwagon tracks you, you have time to repair it and pull back into cover.  Same scenario vs a Machine and you can get retracked before you can get away.

430u will just make your gun worthless as you struggle to pen his weakspots while he drives around you and dpms you down during your reload.

I'm not saying it's bad.  I'm saying it clearly isn't the best.

I never said it was the best did i? Fusion said that not me. I love the tank as it fits me. but it still needs buffs and yes those tanks needs nerfs

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users