Tech tree question and selling tanks?

tech tree

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

LufberyDrew #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:23 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 265 battles

Hello all, I'm a brand new player. I've been playing for 18 days and have 18 multiplayer battles. 

It turns out that that I do pretty well in the T22 prototype medium tank, but get slaughtered in light tanks. I picked up the T1E6-X1 premium light tank, which is free on Xbox One and while I do okay with spotting, I get hammered pretty much every time.

No worries. I have a lot to learn and I'm enjoying the process. Here's my question: When the game first introduced the tech tree, I took both branches off the M2 light tank and the T2 medium tank. Since I like medium tanks more right now, I want to focus on medium tanks. Can I sell my M2 light tank? I could have sworn that I saw an option to sell a tank in one of the screens, but I couldn't find it last night.

Is there any advantage to keeping the M2 light tank?

Thanks!

-Drew

moeggsy #2 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:58 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29239 battles
  • [GRUMP]

No advantage to keeping a tank unless you really like it, some tanks you do well in you tend to keep..

When your looking at your tank you wanna sell just scroll to the right all the way to the end and it will say sell tank. It's on your bar with your crew, supplies and equip etc all the way to the right. You can select in the supplies to not resupply your ammo and u can run the ammo down before selling said tank. There's alot to learn to this game as a beginner so your in a good place to ask questions about which skills and perks are recommended to select 1st. Remember premium ammo can be purchased with silver vs gold if you click change currency. You have more questions just keep posting.  Welcome to the forum, Moe

deadman1921 #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:33 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27509 battles
  • [-STO-]
Welcome to WoT. Enjoy

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

YouMadBro413 #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 38517 battles
Welcome and thanks for supporting the game. Lots of players sell their tech tree tanks once they grind up to the next tier to be able to afford the next tank in the line and only keep the ones they enjoy. Rule of thumb is you should never sell premium tanks because normally they are purchased with real money as opposed to tech tree tanks that aquired by just playing [grinding]. New player tip, besure to use the sniper mode [zoom in aim feature] it took me hundreds of games before I found out how to activate it in a game.

MaxChaos24 #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:19 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 12951 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostLufberyDrew, on 20 August 2019 - 08:23 PM, said:

Hello all, I'm a brand new player. I've been playing for 18 days and have 18 multiplayer battles. 

It turns out that that I do pretty well in the T22 prototype medium tank, but get slaughtered in light tanks. I picked up the T1E6-X1 premium light tank, which is free on Xbox One and while I do okay with spotting, I get hammered pretty much every time.

No worries. I have a lot to learn and I'm enjoying the process. Here's my question: When the game first introduced the tech tree, I took both branches off the M2 light tank and the T2 medium tank. Since I like medium tanks more right now, I want to focus on medium tanks. Can I sell my M2 light tank? I could have sworn that I saw an option to sell a tank in one of the screens, but I couldn't find it last night.

Is there any advantage to keeping the M2 light tank?

Thanks!

-Drew

Welcome to the game! Looks like no one answered your how to sell question so here I am!

In your garage, have the tank you want to sell highlighted.

Press the "X" Button to open your Upgrade menu (This is where you do everything to the selected tank)

Now go right and "Sell" option will be at the end.

SnappiestMonk #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 11:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37347 battles
  • [FURRY]

There are loads of great players on you tube these will help. 

https://www.youtube.com/user/me3614

https://www.youtube....Hul8a_9hRcgfpmA

Merun #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:53 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 11478 battles
  • [FRONT]

Welcome.

If you want to platoon someday, or have some questions, just write me on Xbox live. I love helping new players :)

Merun, official smartass of clan [FRONT]

"Hello me, meet the real me
And my misfit's way of life"

-Megadeth - Sweating Bullets

psmobius1 #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 30376 battles
  • [USA1]

Welcome to the game and enjoy the ride, it can be a long one if you choose to go the end goal of having them all :) Be sure to dismount and sell any equipment before you sell a tank. Also be aware that when you sell a tank you only get 50% of what you paid, not really a big deal early on but as you get up the tiers that price makes a much bigger difference.

If you plan on sticking with the game for awhile and you can afford it then I'd add premium time, it is your best bang for the buck and really helps (I think I got some premium time 3-4 weeks after I started and have never played a game without it since). They usually offer premium time at 50% off on or around black friday in November so get the days needed to get you that far and then stock up.

There is a lot to learn and some really good information right here on these pages but ask the questions you have and hopefully you'll get some answers.  

LufberyDrew #9 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:02 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 265 battles
Thanks, everyone, for the very kind and informative responses!

I managed to sell the light tank I didn't want.

Merun, I'll drop you a note soon; thanks for the offer.

MvR Richthofen #10 Posted 27 August 2019 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 4653 battles
  • [NFFY]

To get a better overview over the battlefield, you can change the round minimap to a square one. 

Than you can see the hole map. It helps much for situational awareness.

Also tagged with tech tree

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users