Nitpicky about Crew/Flag Vouchers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Gallant Prime #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:58 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 44398 battles
  • [47R]

TLDR:  If you are wanting to stock up on crew and flag vouchers, you want to get the Nomad several times over!  :trollface:

So Dreadnought DOTW 1/2 off at 3750 gold.  Comes with 1 crew and 1 flag voucher.

Full price 6500 gold.  1/2 full price is 3250 gold.  So crew and flag voucher ~500 gold or 250 a piece.

Nomad DOTW 1/2 off at 8000 gold.  Comes with 1 crew and flag voucher.

Full price 15180.  1/2 full price is 7590.  So crew and flag voucher ~410gold or 205 gold a piece.

Primo Victoria DOTW:  5350 (1 special crew with skill, 1 crew voucher, 1 flag voucher)  (Crew voucher when special crew?)

Full price:  9750

1/2 price:  4875

Vouchers:  ~475 (+special crew) 

Bear DOTW:  4000

Full price:  7140

1/2 price:  3570

Vouchers:  ~430

King Dragon DOTW:  5350

Full price:  9800

1/2 price:  4900

Vouchers:  ~450 

50TP DOTW:  6300  (2 special crews)

Full price:  10700

1/2 price:  5350

Vouchers:   ?~950 remaining but with 2 special crew

Strv S1 DOTW:  5900

Full price:  10900

1/2 price:  5400

Vouchers:  ~500

Beach Party DOTW:  5150 (+special crew)

Full price:  9360

1/2 price:  4680

Vouchers:  ~470 (+special crew)

Soooo...why the variable cost on the crew vouchers?  

TemplarKnight75 #2 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:12 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21106 battles
  • [OJD]
Because wg determine the prices much like EA, Activision blizzard, 2k games, Ubisoft,etc. And they determine the prices and there's no law or regulation saying they cant. It's complete [edited]but it's the truth. One of the benefits of running a largely unregulated business is you get to make up the rules 

Gallant Prime #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:28 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 44398 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 20 August 2019 - 08:12 PM, said:

Because wg determine the prices much like EA, Activision blizzard, 2k games, Ubisoft,etc. And they determine the prices and there's no law or regulation saying they cant. It's complete [edited]but it's the truth. One of the benefits of running a largely unregulated business is you get to make up the rules 

Hmmm....You know not every business needs to be regulated by the government.  Consumers are not helpless infants.  When consumers see pricing they don't like, they can voice their displeasure--kind of like the DOTW that were loaded down before and not really deals.  Also, some questions are rhetorical.  

TemplarKnight75 #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21106 battles
  • [OJD]

View PostGallant Prime, on 20 August 2019 - 09:28 PM, said:

Hmmm....You know not every business needs to be regulated by the government.  Consumers are not helpless infants.  When consumers see pricing they don't like, they can voice their displeasure--kind of like the DOTW that were loaded down before and not really deals.  Also, some questions are rhetorical.  

Game publishers are making billions while working  their devs in nonstop crunch periods then firing them en mass to avoid paying bonuses and benefits. Their customers are subject to unregulated gambling with no limit to how much they can manipulate those subject to manipulation. Games are being homogenized and stripped of their  creativity and art to milk wallets. AAA publishers currently make billions with little to no regulation or control and not only pay no taxes but get massive tax breaks.  

If none of that clues you into why wg can just arbitrarily decided to change the prices of their In-game goods on a whim where even physical goods have some degree of limitation then I don't know what to tell you. Wg has the power to change prices on a whim to fit their model which is why their bundles never hold up to math checks.

I said nothing about government regulation being necessary btw. Only that game publishers have none. Rhetorical or not you asked and it's not really all that harmless and issue 

deadman1921 #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:05 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 27469 battles
  • [-STO-]

This post left intentionally blank

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Tempest fox3 #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 04:05 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20443 battles
  • [JOCO]
Are you forgetting that they charge you for ammo in most bundles?

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

choppermeir #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:42 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 9224 battles
  • [FILTH]
I wish I could get rid of all of my flag vouchers and get something for them
Streaming over on http://www.twitch.tv/choppermeir 

Rodimus Prime l #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 05:58 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15330 battles
  • [47R-2]

View PostTempest fox3, on 21 August 2019 - 12:05 AM, said:

I believe garage spots are included in there at 50% x 300 gold each, as well.  The ammo may make up most of the rest of the difference.  Then my guess is that they also round up to the nearest 50 gold...

Regardless, that is still an interesting analysis Gallant.

Rodimus Prime l #9 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:12 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15330 battles
  • [47R-2]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 20 August 2019 - 10:12 PM, said:

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 20 August 2019 - 10:43 PM, said:

Game publishers are making billions while working  their devs in nonstop crunch periods then firing them en mass to avoid paying bonuses and benefits. Their customers are subject to unregulated gambling with no limit to how much they can manipulate those subject to manipulation. Games are being homogenized and stripped of their  creativity and art to milk wallets. AAA publishers currently make billions with little to no regulation or control and not only pay no taxes but get massive tax breaks.  

If none of that clues you into why wg can just arbitrarily decided to change the prices of their In-game goods on a whim where even physical goods have some degree of limitation then I don't know what to tell you. Wg has the power to change prices on a whim to fit their model which is why their bundles never hold up to math checks.

I said nothing about government regulation being necessary btw. Only that game publishers have none. Rhetorical or not you asked and it's not really all that harmless and issue 

I think I hear what you are saying, but unless I am misunderstanding you, its not really fair to paint with such a broad brush on the industry or big business as a whole.  At the same time, I wont get my hands dirty defending them/it, either.  I respect your opinion and you are typically a very thoughtful former, but TBH this sounds a little a cynical, biased, and jaded, FWIW.

f1mitku #10 Posted 21 August 2019 - 07:34 AM

Major

• Players
  • 46681 battles
WG were used to pump up these bundles to the brim with trash (boosts etc.) but after many users complains they stripped the bundles to only the tanks (still plus garage slot, crew and ammo). But it seems now they slowly try to inflate the prices again. Let’s see when the users will start to complain again. 
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

pepelefrogg #11 Posted 21 August 2019 - 08:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 50052 battles
The sheeples shouldn't need laws to protect them 

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 20 August 2019 - 09:43 PM, said:

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 20 August 2019 - 09:12 PM, said:

The sheeples shouldn't need laws to protect them from spending their money on smoke and mirrors. They should use some sense and decide for themselves. Whether it's loot box gambling or shady percentages on "deals" it should be left to the discretion of the individual. Dumb people should be less dumb, not coddled and protected by big brother. Unless gaming commits fraud they can charge whatever they want. And we can decide if we want to spend that much. It is often not "right" but it's freedom. I like freedom above all else.

Tempest fox3 #12 Posted 21 August 2019 - 12:37 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20443 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postpepelefrogg, on 21 August 2019 - 08:27 AM, said:

The sheeples shouldn't need laws to protect them 

The sheeples shouldn't need laws to protect them from spending their money on smoke and mirrors. They should use some sense and decide for themselves. Whether it's loot box gambling or shady percentages on "deals" it should be left to the discretion of the individual. Dumb people should be less dumb, not coddled and protected by big brother. Unless gaming commits fraud they can charge whatever they want. And we can decide if we want to spend that much. It is often not "right" but it's freedom. I like freedom above all else.

There are gambling laws for a reason, children aren't allowed to gamble, people with addictions or mental health problems need protections. 

Publishers like EA and Activision have proven time and again that when it comes to in game monitization there is nothing that they will not try. Nothing it too low, too seedy. They will not self regulate. 

Existing gambling laws should apply to any game that has lootboxes. Lootboxes are gambling. They use all the tricks of gambling but get away with it on a technicality.

You can champion your freedom all you want. No one is taking it away from you. You can still buy all the lootboxes you want, but certain regulations need to apply to them. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Gallant Prime #13 Posted 24 August 2019 - 12:56 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 44398 battles
  • [47R]

View PostTemplarKnight75, on 20 August 2019 - 08:43 PM, said:

I began to write out a response to your ignorance of economics, your derailing to satisfy your own pet grievance, and your unnecessarily escalation to make things personal, but, seeing as you are just seeking to cause unrest, I am instead simply going to ask you to never address me again.  

:trollface:

View PostTempest fox3, on 20 August 2019 - 10:05 PM, said:

Yes, yes I am.  :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users