It’s time we talked about the state of this game, WG

Broken fix updates Gameplay changes Suggestions

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

PhantomBlckGoat #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 06:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3795 battles

I’m fully aware that with the number of WG apologists on this forum this post will likely get mass-reported, nasty comments, and result in me being banned. Rest assured this is the last time I will ever post here, I just felt this needed to be said.

Now let’s address the elephant in the room: this game is dying and there’s no denying it anymore. The NA servers were combined to make up for the player numbers dropping by the day, bots have been added to low tiers, ranked has been an objective disaster from everyone I’ve talked to, and the less said about the matchmaking system and the current meta, the better. If things don’t change soon I could easily see this game being dead or on life-support by the end of next year, or if War Thunder decides to fix their tire fire of a console port, even sooner than that.

At this point the devs have to pick a direction to go in:

A) Keep on their path and ignore blatant issues while chasing profits in the short-term, eventually driving away their dedicated player base, leaving only the cash cows, most of which will eventually grow bored of the endless stream of OP tier 8 premium tank releases before moving on to something else, effectively killing the game in the process.

Or

B) Actually start listening your community. Stop with the blatant arrogance towards player questions and suggestions, which if we’re being honest, are coming from people who know a heck of a lot more about balancing the game than whoever is currently making those decisions. Stop this weird obsession with making sure every tank has a 50% global win rate and using that as the basis for nerfing/buffing tanks that don’t deserve them. Stop holding back actual innovations and end support for the Xbox 360 version, it’s been nearly 7 years since the Xbox One and PS4 released and there’s no reason they should continue being held back at this point by an outdated console. Take those mechanics you tested out recently and make them official parts of the game, the feedback was overwhelmingly positive, you want to win back some brownie points from the players that have been upset with your game? You couldn’t go wrong with this idea. Fix your joke of a matchmaking system, add a skill-based element to the algorithm, anything at this point would be better than the disaster we have now. People are tired of the endless streaks of 15-3 blowouts where the game is over in the first 3 minutes because all the unicorns and greens got placed on one team against a full team of tomatoes.

I may may sound like I want this game to crash and burn, but that isn’t it at all. When fans are booing their football team it isn’t because they want them to lose, it’s because they want them to be better. I want this game to be better, I know it can, the question is will WGC help it become that. Ball is in your court, developers.

dave mg 04 #2 Posted 21 August 2019 - 09:14 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32388 battles

well said and very accurate. i find i'm playing less and less nowadays as it's just not fun anymore, and what's the point of playing a game that's just no fun...

but like a lot of people ive invested time and a fair bit of money into the game, of coarse i didn't mind as i liked the game that much.

also like a lot of people i never renewed my premmo account and i'm not spending anywhere near what i used to.

i don't want the game to fail and will be one of the few left when they finally pull the plug. but it is sad to see the game getting worse and worse.

it seams every update since the intoduction of the tier 10 lights the game has got progressively worse.

either that it's because they keep nerfing tanks i used to enjoy, like the amx elc, ru251(and before anyone tries to claim it was buffed going from tier8 to 9 a 10kph drop is not a buff. bloody ruined a great tank that did) also when they removed the handbrake fron td's only, that ruined the E25(wasted money on that now it's super crap)

didnt get to the E50) till just after it was nerfed but still bloody nerfed so wont know how good it used to be.

i get it the game has to adapt to keep competitive but to me it's like they keep taking the best bits out and just adding crap..

oh and fix that f***ing match maker thats the biggest problem............

Edited by dave mg 04, 21 August 2019 - 09:16 AM.

Rotcat #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 10:08 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18775 battles
  • [28-TL]
+1 from me. WG needs to listen to their community, but WG can't handle most of the criticism (e.g. When a CC asked on the Forums whether people would love to have not spent the amount of money on premium tanks etc., he got banned). WG is just selfish and as long as people will spend money on their game, then they will keep being morons and not listening to their community.. 

Acta non verba.

TomCattersVF31 #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:23 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22182 battles
  • [OLDG]
I very much doubt that WG will if ever listen to people who are stating facts about what is happening to this game,all they will do is issue the usual PR press release,promise us this and that,throw all of us a new prem tank and hope all this will quietly subside,and yes the 360 support should be dropped,to allow this game to really shine,ie bigger new maps,also make the existing ones bigger and better.

DeltaIX T Rex #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 33806 battles
  • [DLA9]
Funny, here's a thought: The 360 is dragging the game down and we are approaching a new console generation. What do you think is going to happen? Me personally, I don't see a good future.

TransparentBlue #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:25 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13300 battles
I don't think you understand what you're asking for.

First you complain about Wargaming forcing tanks toward a 50% win rate.

Then you advocate for skill based matchmaking, which would essentially make every match a toss-up.  A coin toss is a 50/50 proposition.

So you're asking that instead of tanks being balanced toward a 50% win rate, you want Wargaming to change the matchmaker to force every player's win rate toward a 50% win rate.

Bad idea.

PegasusGR #7 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:46 PM

Private

• Players
  • 79468 battles

View Postdave mg 04, on 21 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

well said and very accurate. i find i'm playing less and less nowadays as it's just not fun anymore, and what's the point of playing a game that's just no fun...

but like a lot of people ive invested time and a fair bit of money into the game, of coarse i didn't mind as i liked the game that much.

also like a lot of people i never renewed my premmo account and i'm not spending anywhere near what i used to.

i don't want the game to fail and will be one of the few left when they finally pull the plug. but it is sad to see the game getting worse and worse.

it seams every update since the intoduction of the tier 10 lights the game has got progressively worse.

either that it's because they keep nerfing tanks i used to enjoy, like the amx elc, ru251(and before anyone tries to claim it was buffed going from tier8 to 9 a 10kph drop is not a buff. bloody ruined a great tank that did) also when they removed the handbrake fron td's only, that ruined the E25(wasted money on that now it's super crap)

didnt get to the E50) till just after it was nerfed but still bloody nerfed so wont know how good it used to be.

i get it the game has to adapt to keep competitive but to me it's like they keep taking the best bits out and just adding crap..

oh and fix that f***ing match maker thats the biggest problem............

View PostTransparentBlue, on 21 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Then you advocate for skill based matchmaking, which would essentially make every match a toss-up. A coin toss is a 50/50 proposition.

So you're asking that instead of tanks being balanced toward a 50% win rate, you want Wargaming to change the matchmaker to force every player's win rate toward a 50% win rate.

Bad idea.

No you wrong tha exactly what this game needs fixing the mach making.

View PostTransparentBlue, on 21 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Then you advocate for skill based matchmaking, which would essentially make every match a toss-up. A coin toss is a 50/50 proposition.

Bad idea.

No you are wrong this game needs to make the mach making balance.

Sheyrd #8 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:00 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22510 battles
  • [NOPE]
I agree with everything mentioned.   I am a big advocate of the game but this year and last year have been total stinkers in my opinion.   Clans still have no purpose in the game,  We don't have anything to warrant being in a clan.   No Clan Wars! No Skirmish system! No Weekly or Daily Tournaments.  Nothing that is END GAME!!!!  If we had an end game we'd be having more players staying to play the game.  

THE COLONEL 21 #9 Posted 28 August 2019 - 11:48 PM

Private

• Players
  • 40183 battles

I agree with almost everything said below.  I have been playing this game for over 5 years now, much more in the last 3 since retiring.  The matchmaking is completely broken.  Not only does it need to only be one up and one down to avoid being one shot or dying immediately from tanks two tiers higher, but even the games that appear based upon tiers to be fairly balanced are not.  An overwhelming majority of games are either won or lost by scores of 15-5 or less than 5.  If this is not the job of developers to fix, then WG needs to hire some mathematicians to adjust the algorithms for matchmaking.  

Like many, I base which tanks to research and premium tanks to buy based upon having been killed by them in the game and looking at their stats and capabilities.  After grinding through playing the line to get to those sought after tanks, whiners complain about them and the tank you worked so hard for and/or spent money on is nerfed to the point you don't even want to play it anymore.

As for win/loss rates, i don't really keep a close eye on those, however it is very apparent what is going to happen when the game has lopsided matchmaking.  For me, seems every time I utilize a "boost OP", my chances for a loss are increased significantly. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users