Tactics of late

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

KillaAkuma #1 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]
Please keep sitting at the base and not leaving, don’t move forward to get a good hold on the map. Let’s all keep sitting at the base. I am sick of this play style and I sick of everyone I get teamed with doing this. Sadly most of the people doing this are not NA players they are not from the NA so the 5 actual NA players are outnumbered by the amount of non NA. Why is this not at least being considered? I mean are we just to ignore or change our tactics to suit them? Because if that’s the case the 10 games I have lost in a row this morning is not how I want to continue in this game.

EpilepticOctopus #2 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17334 battles
  • [FIFTH]
How do you know that they're not NA players? So would you also expect non NA players bow to your play style and not play the game as they see fit .

westmech #3 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13262 battles
  • [LITE]
self centered post is self centered..........

KillaAkuma #4 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]
It’s easy to see if you look at peoples profiles, and being self centered because I think people should be playing the way the game is designed. Ok.. let’s see we all camp at the spawn no one leaves or moves. We get spotted by t9 medium tanks that we can’t see because our scouts are hiding we then get hit by TDS we can’t see, we get hit by arty non stop. We lose tank after tank we have 3 tanks left and their entire team is still alive.. self centered yea... This game is about tactics and team work and communication, if you choose not to do any of those things you are not a being a helpful team player no matter what country you are from. But it is  clear that their is a massive difference in play styles on this game atm it’s rush or sit at the spawn and camp it out. Either one has its points. But not moving to take the strategic points is just dumb. If you have played this game as long as I have you know this to be true no matter what country you are from. If you are so upset about me stating obvious facts then maybe you are either to blind to see it or you don’t care. I care because I like to win and I like to win as a team I talk I help I communicate, I do everything I can to make sure the team wins no matter where you are from. But please tell me how any of that is wrong lol.

John Arrowsmith #5 Posted 21 August 2019 - 01:55 PM

Major

• Players
  • 75971 battles

I'm not sure what you are trying to say op.   

If I'm getting this correctly you only want na players to play on the na server.  The problem I have is that I live in the UK,  what happens after  brexit?   Am I no longer allowed to play?    Seems a bit harsh.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

x_BAlN_x #6 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58078 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 21 August 2019 - 07:55 AM, said:

If I'm getting this correctly you only want na players to play on the na server.  The problem I have is that I live in the UK,  what happens after  brexit?   Am I no longer allowed to play?    Seems a bit harsh.

Freedom isn't free.

KillaAkuma #7 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]
So do you just choose to read what you want to read? I am pointing out a glaring issue and SOMETHING needs to be done, but what’s sad is the fact that no one can speak of this without being labeled. Worse is no one knows what I am but yet let’s assume because he makes a comment. What we need is a better way to communicate, we need a better match system for players, we need a better balance of maps to allow for both play styles. We need a lot of things but we aren’t getting them. We do keep getting those great premium tanks though. When teams are getting stomped non stop, when games should be closer, when teams are ignoring proven tactics to follow the leader, when platoons are breaking the tank balance. Added on to the issue of multiple different players from all around the world. With communication issues and just plain idc attitudes. This game is meant to be fun an enjoyable and a lot of people are not happy atm I hear it non stop in games from people from all around the world. Most who don’t even participate on the forums so when someone does bring up these issues it’s seen as being negative, racist, or whatever you wanna try and call it instead of banding together to actually make the game we all enjoy better. Btw I am black guy with a Japanese gamer tag so please call me out some more lol.

Jonesy1969UK #8 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21044 battles

Base camping is massively annoying but usually the campers don't score as well players who actually play the game. I know that doesn't help if you're looking for wins but there does seem to some poetic justice. Don't know that it's purely a non-NA issue.

Base camping I can just about deal with, it's the lemming train that does my head in!

Improved Aus #9 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:16 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27092 battles
  • [1CAB]
Take a break OP. It’s just a game. And yes there’s a lot of players who’re not good. You have to carry harder

Mashed #10 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 35729 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 21 August 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

It's OK, we'll float the UK out of Europe after we leave the EU and move it close to Merica.  You'll be fine on the NA server then :)

MashedIT | YouTube | Mixer |

You only help your team mates, because they cannot be shot at, if they are dead.

KillaAkuma #11 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]

View PostJonesy1969UK, on 21 August 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Base camping is massively annoying but usually the campers don't score as well players who actually play the game. I know that doesn't help if you're looking for wins but there does seem to some poetic justice. Don't know that it's purely a non-NA issue.

Base camping I can just about deal with, it's the lemming train that does my head in!

It’s not purely a NA problem i don’t know the difference between Europe server and NA in this aspect because I don’t play on Europe servers. So it could be just as bad or worse or not even an issue. The issue I am seeing atm is a clear lack of similar play styles between different countries and it is countries not just individuals. NA players are largely more aggressive and The non NA players are largely not aggressive. The problem with not being aggressive is you don’t defend against it well this is a main factor in the completely one sided games I play all different kinds of tanks and a lot of games after I die I will watch the team play out the match and I can clearly see the obvious mistakes that these people are making. I mean these are mistakes you make at T5 and below not T9 and 10 like sitting in the open with your side in clear view or Turing your tank so your [edited]is facing the enemy. Or sitting their while the tank near you is getting ganged on but refusing to assist them even a little. I see this then I look to see what their profiles say. This leads me to make conclusions with the facts in front of me to how these players are. You can then go even further and look at their WOT profile to see what type of player they are and again can see a clear difference. Everyone has the rite to play as they choose I don’t argue that. Winning in this game is a hell of a lot more rewarding then losing. If you are trying to grind through a tank would you rather get the couple thousand xp or the 300 because you did really well but your team lost. The goal is to win that’s why their are different ways to accomplish this, kill all the enemy tanks, capture the objective, or run the timer out having the most dmg. The games reward system is based around how well you and your team do including if you win or don’t. But if players are choosing to no care then change it to solely individual performance based. Wargaming needs to look at this and address this issue I’m sure they are aware but have no answers. So as the community we should give them solutions but in order to do that we need to address all of the issues honestly and openly. Instead of bashing someone when they voice a concern or an issue. This game is purely community driven Free to play but pay money for extras which funds this game and pays the devs. So we make this game.

KillaAkuma #12 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]
FYI I enjoy playing with UK players UK players tend to communicate more than NA players do. Most of them are much more helpful and not just a holes to everyone.

Medgar20 #13 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27478 battles
  • [ARSES]
Never really noticed much difference between servers tbh. Usually switch to NA towards midnight as EU starts to thin out around then, both seem to have the same mix of terrible and good players, aggressive or passive decisions. Only notable difference is NA has fewer languages but not sure that leads to any better teamwork on the whole.

KillaAkuma #14 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:44 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 3762 battles
  • [MOD]

View PostMedgar20, on 21 August 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

Never really noticed much difference between servers tbh. Usually switch to NA towards midnight as EU starts to thin out around then, both seem to have the same mix of terrible and good players, aggressive or passive decisions. Only notable difference is NA has fewer languages but not sure that leads to any better teamwork on the whole.

Im assuming you are talking midnight your time. Then yeah that’s mid day in most of the NA so most of the non NA players have either gone to bed or whatever. So you are seeing the more NA English speaking player base so you are not experiencing what I am describing try jumping in NA server between 8am-3pm  East coast US time and you will see a massive difference.

Bibo1GerUk #15 Posted 21 August 2019 - 02:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27350 battles
3,7k games in 5 years and you're trying to tell people how to play. More specifically non-american people? Yeah, sure.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

Bane-980 #16 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:12 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 21559 battles
  • [-_A_-]
I’m with Akuma on this, seeing loss after loss due to people hiding. What’s worse is that most players that sit back don’t use cover, almost like they expect the few that do move into positions to do the work for them and carry. However I don’t believe it’s a nationality problem, to put it blunt..... a lot of people are dumb, no wonder the world is in the state it’s in.

westmech #17 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13262 battles
  • [LITE]

I get your frustration, but part of this game is working with what you are given. You have to learn to adapt your playstyle to fit the match. Minimize it by going with a five man platoon. Coordinating with at least 1/3 of your team does lessen the frustration. Large variables like players not using tactics or not caring cannot be compensated with different modes. We don't have the player population to support a division between a skillful knowledgeable group and the rest.

Wargaming will never address this because it can't be addressed.

Adapt and overcome. 

Jonesy1969UK #18 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21044 battles
Personally the more I play the more philosophical I become about the game, yesterday was playing really well and today I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn point-blank. It's the same with the lemming train, if the rest of the team go up the right flank and I'm alone on the left, well then I'm in a target rich environment and may have an epic game (or die heroically!).

JatemKaa #19 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:32 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View PostBane-980, on 21 August 2019 - 09:12 AM, said:

I’m with Akuma on this, seeing loss after loss due to people hiding. What’s worse is that most players that sit back don’t use cover, almost like they expect the few that do move into positions to do the work for them and carry. However I don’t believe it’s a nationality problem, to put it blunt..... a lot of people are dumb, no wonder the world is in the state it’s in.

Have to agree with this statement. It is not a question of nationality or server even. Rather, it reflects that different people have different goals in playing the game. Some people play the game for complete fun, like to see things go boom (even their own tanks) and don't care if the game is won or lost as long as it is exciting (in their eyes). Others care so deeply that the win is overwhelmingly important that any cost to achieve it must be followed, even if you want to force others into being mind-numb robots and play a certain way or spam gold rounds to achieve it. A lot of players in the tier 8 + range do a lot of mistakes that you should have learned better than to do by tier 5. It is really telling - just watch the rest of the match after you die (assuming you are not the last player left - an all to frequent occurrence lately. You unfortunately don't get to pick your teammates and have to learn to accept whatever you get. And a wise person once said 'it is what it is' and nothing you can do will change it. You can waste your time ranting about it (it still won't change), you can spend hours trying to show new players things to help (which most of the time they do not want anyway).

CatSnipah #20 Posted 21 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

Major

• Players
  • 25994 battles
  • [BNKR]

Is camping silly? Yes

Is it frustrating when a top tier heavy on your team sits on the spawn or the end line, never moving forward? Sure.

But you have to keep in mind that a vast majority of people who play this game are just downright, indisputably terrible at it. And most don't have the desire or aptitude to ever improve. 

When it gets to be too much, take a break. Come back later. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users