Jump to content


4.11 balance changes (preview so may not be the final changes)

Update 4.11

  • Please log in to reply
198 replies to this topic

Tempest fox3 #121 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:29 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21057 battles
  • 18,452
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 22 August 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

 

Lol. No it really wouldn't. 

 

 

Why shouldn't either get a nerf? We never needed a prem SU (Or KV-2) in the 1st place.

 

The M41 90 only has too advantages over the Brazil, the AP round and about 150 hitpoints. That's it.

 

Give the Brazil a cheap HEAT round instead. Around 200 pen. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

Potato QQ #122 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:35 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22626 battles
  • 4,866
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014

Premium Account requirement for Team Training has been permanently removed.

 

a little late, should of been the first thing they done.



JAG THE GEMINI #123 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 65053 battles
  • 2,427
  • [FAUST]
  • Member since:
    02-15-2014

View PostSchiavoser, on 22 August 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

 

Well, I don't really believe in the phenomenon of "seal-clubbing." I think it's more of a myth than an actual threat to the community. But even if that was the concern, even the worst experience at Tier II won't last long. Players earn enough XP to graduate to the next tier very quickly.

 

Meanwhile, there are tanks that are a menace -- such as Sexton (USA), Pz V/IV, Absolution -- for many more game hours, because it takes that much longer to move past the brackets in which they appear. Those broken tanks aren't touched.

 

Comparing those 2 low tier french tanks to the Pz.V/IV and or Absolution is kinda false imo

1st those are BROKEN tech tree tanks and those should be taken care of first.

2nd they do harm the lower player base a LOT turning potential new players away from the game


Edited by JAG THE GEMINI, 22 August 2019 - 08:40 PM.

 

 

My youtube channel:https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber


FusionStar287 #124 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:41 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20400 battles
  • 16,426
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 22 August 2019 - 03:27 PM, said:

 

Lol. No it really wouldn't. 

 

 

Why shouldn't either get a nerf? We never needed a prem SU (Or KV-2) in the 1st place.

It really would. As Fox said, the M41 90 literally only has two advantages compared to the BB, and giving the BB an AP round would get rid of the M41 90's biggest advantage.

 

As for the SU-152 and Slayer, both are fine where they are. They get very good guns and solid speed, but are also limited by their awful mobility, poor armor, bad gun handling, fairly narrow gun arc, and a few other disadvantages. Also, the reason I say the Slayer wouldn't need a nerf unless the tech tree SU-152 got one as well is because the tech tree SU-152 is better in almost every way except for its worse AP shells.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


throwbot #125 Posted 22 August 2019 - 09:46 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 20839 battles
  • 66
  • Member since:
    09-11-2014
Are these the final changes then? Are we sure that +1/-1 is NOT in this balance patch?

happydundee #126 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:02 PM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 26928 battles
  • 942
  • [LEONI]
  • Member since:
    02-14-2016
So underwhelming. You are not really trying, are you WG....

MAJ_WOOD #127 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:17 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 22678 battles
  • 16
  • [GRIMM]
  • Member since:
    01-08-2016

View PostRaiBOT01, on 22 August 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

That is correct.  The camo was never meant to be available via vouchers.

 

If we had put that camo on multiple tanks will it remove them?  

 

Thanks,

MAJ_WOOD



USSWISCONSIN94 #128 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:21 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 12185 battles
  • 27,941
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostTempest fox3, on 22 August 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

 

The M41 90 only has too advantages over the Brazil, the AP round and about 150 hitpoints. That's it.

 

Give the Brazil a cheap HEAT round instead. Around 200 pen. 

 

Why? Most spam HEAT in both of them anyway. 

 

View PostFusionStar287, on 22 August 2019 - 03:41 PM, said:

It really would. As Fox said, the M41 90 literally only has two advantages compared to the BB, and giving the BB an AP round would get rid of the M41 90's biggest advantage.

 

As for the SU-152 and Slayer, both are fine where they are. They get very good guns and solid speed, but are also limited by their awful mobility, poor armor, bad gun handling, fairly narrow gun arc, and a few other disadvantages. Also, the reason I say the Slayer wouldn't need a nerf unless the tech tree SU-152 got one as well is because the tech tree SU-152 is better in almost every way except for its worse AP shells.

 

Shouldn't be a reason for either of them to get the same AP round. The Slayer should get a nerf but knowing all of the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE people who bought the damn thing will whine and cry about their prem being nerfed when it was needed. 


http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

 

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?


BrogueOne #129 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:42 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 23416 battles
  • 10,451
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View PostMAJ_WOOD, on 23 August 2019 - 01:17 AM, said:

 

If we had put that camo on multiple tanks will it remove them?  

 

Thanks,

MAJ_WOOD

I certainly hope not! It would create a rather big problem for them with all the untold thousands of vouchers players have cashed in for that Elite Amethyst 



dad072465 #130 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:54 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 37870 battles
  • 525
  • Member since:
    03-03-2014

View PostBrogueOne, on 22 August 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

Cruise Control thing is a mystery to me. But you can now combine XP, Crew XP, and Silver Boost Ops! (That was my suggestion from the Battle Heroes Q&A by the way!!!)

The cruise control means that if you flip your tank and you have the cc on it will automatically shut off and you can not activate it while you are flipped over.  



BrogueOne #131 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:15 AM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 23416 battles
  • 10,451
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016

View Postdad072465, on 23 August 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

The cruise control means that if you flip your tank and you have the cc on it will automatically shut off and you can not activate it while you are flipped over.  

You misunderstood the context.  I thoroughly understand exactly what the change to the feature does(I’d be a crap Supertester if I didn’t).  But as to why they felt the need to make the change is a mystery to me...... I don’t exactly see the forums flooded with complaints about cruise control causing a problem when they flipped over.  Usually complaints about Cruise Control relate to accidentally activating it.  Could be that somehow the Cruise effects the flip timers, but that’s not been made clear, again as to why they made the change.



TransparentBlue #132 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:36 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13414 battles
  • 1,244
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View PostBrogueOne, on 23 August 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

You misunderstood the context.  I thoroughly understand exactly what the change to the feature does(I’d be a crap Supertester if I didn’t).  But as to why they felt the need to make the change is a mystery to me...... I don’t exactly see the forums flooded with complaints about cruise control causing a problem when they flipped over.  Usually complaints about Cruise Control relate to accidentally activating it.  Could be that somehow the Cruise effects the flip timers, but that’s not been made clear, again as to why they made the change.

 

Cruise does reset the flip timers. Especially when stuck on the side.  Every time the moving tread touches dirt, reset.



Tempest fox3 #133 Posted 23 August 2019 - 02:37 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 21057 battles
  • 18,452
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-22-2013

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 23 August 2019 - 01:21 AM, said:

 

Why? Most spam HEAT in both of them anyway. 

 

 

Shouldn't be a reason for either of them to get the same AP round. The Slayer should get a nerf but knowing all of the REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE people who bought the damn thing will whine and cry about their prem being nerfed when it was needed. 

 

The only issue with it right now is the necessity to spam prammo. Giving it a cheap HEAT maintains the uniqueness (keeps it different to the M41 90) and alleviates the need to spam prammo. 


War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

 

Spoiler

Connor McJesus #134 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:23 AM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 18325 battles
  • 61
  • [TRB]
  • Member since:
    09-30-2014

 


Bring Back Down Voting

Worst community manage in the history of community managers


Symbiot911 #135 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:46 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 36276 battles
  • 1,121
  • Member since:
    02-16-2014

View Postf1mitku, on 22 August 2019 - 09:22 PM, said:

Multi-Base Assault Mode?!?

Could we just accept the game as definitive win for the attacking team (if it's enough to capture only one base) or a win for the defending team (if the attackers have to capture both bases to win)... and move to the next battle?

:facepalm:

 

WG - when we'll receive preferences to opt out the unwanted game modes (Assault and Encounter)?

 

Multi base mode is only for tournaments isn't it? 

Pontiac Pat #136 Posted 23 August 2019 - 03:49 AM

    Major

  • WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25773 battles
  • 7,225
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    08-11-2014

OK, so I'd given my personal buff list, now here's my list of tanks most in need of nerfs...
Tier 1 - None.  The top dogs are all pretty competitive.
Tier 2 - T1E6 variants.  Just cut 50 health and call it good already.
Tier 3 - US Sexton 1.  Nerf the accuracy by .15 and it would be a lot less OP.
Tier 4 - You just nerfed the worst offender, so I think we're good here.
Tier 5 - Pz. V/IV - Just cut 200 health and call it good already.
Tier 6 - I find the top dogs to be pretty competitive here too.  Maybe a slight nerf to the Absolution's gun to balance the armor.
Tier 7 - Dreadnought.  It's the amazing mobility that makes it OP.  Cut the engine power a bit and we'd be fine.

Tier 8 - Iron Rain.  3 shots of 490 alpha at tier 8 is massive.  Slow down the inter-clip reload or make it a 2 shot instead of 3 shot clip with adjusted reload to compensate.
Tier 9 - Top dogs at tier 9 seem pretty competitive to me.
Tier 10 - Top dogs here are pretty balanced too, imo.

 

That's 6 nerfs that would go a long way to maintaining a healthy balance.


If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe


Kaboost #137 Posted 23 August 2019 - 05:57 AM

    Captain

  • Beta Tester
  • 15375 battles
  • 1,152
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    07-04-2013
So the 113 is still gonna aim slower than the 111 5A even though it has a smaller gun? At least their reloads are little different now.

Lights tanks need rebalanced(again)

​Update 4.2 and 4.6 were terrible


Potato QQ #138 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:02 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 22626 battles
  • 4,866
  • Member since:
    04-15-2014

View PostPontiac Pat, on 22 August 2019 - 07:49 PM, said:

OK, so I'd given my personal buff list, now here's my list of tanks most in need of nerfs...
Tier 1 - None.  The top dogs are all pretty competitive.
Tier 2 - T1E6 variants.  Just cut 50 health and call it good already.
Tier 3 - US Sexton 1.  Nerf the accuracy by .15 and it would be a lot less OP.
Tier 4 - You just nerfed the worst offender, so I think we're good here.
Tier 5 - Pz. V/IV - Just cut 200 health and call it good already.
Tier 6 - I find the top dogs to be pretty competitive here too.  Maybe a slight nerf to the Absolution's gun to balance the armor.
Tier 7 - Dreadnought.  It's the amazing mobility that makes it OP.  Cut the engine power a bit and we'd be fine.

Tier 8 - Iron Rain.  3 shots of 490 alpha at tier 8 is massive.  Slow down the inter-clip reload or make it a 2 shot instead of 3 shot clip with adjusted reload to compensate.
Tier 9 - Top dogs at tier 9 seem pretty competitive to me.
Tier 10 - Top dogs here are pretty balanced too, imo.

 

That's 6 nerfs that would go a long way to maintaining a healthy balance.

 

KV2 and Dread are already slow, it maneuver like a boat.

electronaut1976 #139 Posted 23 August 2019 - 06:20 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16594 battles
  • 429
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

hmm another underwhelming "update"

so no need to re-install the game i see.

k bye



Shockwave IIC #140 Posted 23 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 17976 battles
  • 2,894
  • [-PA-]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostBrogueOne, on 23 August 2019 - 02:15 AM, said:

You misunderstood the context.  I thoroughly understand exactly what the change to the feature does(I’d be a crap Supertester if I didn’t).  But as to why they felt the need to make the change is a mystery to me...... I don’t exactly see the forums flooded with complaints about cruise control causing a problem when they flipped over.  Usually complaints about Cruise Control relate to accidentally activating it.  Could be that somehow the Cruise effects the flip timers, but that’s not been made clear, again as to why they made the change.

 

That is the case, with CC on, if you tipped on your side the motion of your tracks could cause you to rock, with each rocking causing a timer reset

Chaffee ***, M10 Wolverine ***, Hellcat **, Fury **, Easy 8 ***, M6 ***, T29 ***, T71 **, T69 **, Comet I IT34 **, T34 85 ** T150 ***, KV4 **, VK30.01D III III III, VK30.01M III III, VK30.02D III III, Tiger P III III,

http://forum-console...our-average-joe

 






Also tagged with Update, 4.11

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users