Jump to content


World of Tanks Mercenaries: Chisel

mercenary tank chisel

  • Please log in to reply
289 replies to this topic

wake_the_move #201 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:53 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 9425 battles
  • 251
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015

View PostTransparentBlue, on 14 September 2019 - 03:21 AM, said:

 

This is very unlikely to meet the percentage of the enemy hit points requirement for a High Caliber.  It's probably a long way off, actually.  3635 is a small amount of damage in a Tier 10 match, even if most of the tanks in the battle were Tier 8.

 

Considering that there are enough players out there, who far too often don‘t even achieve a 4 digits value of damage in their Tier 10 vehicles that damage actually looks more than reasonable.

deadman1921 #202 Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:06 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 28235 battles
  • 1,601
  • [-STO-]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2014

View Postwake_the_move, on 13 September 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

 

Considering that there are enough players out there, who far too often don‘t even achieve a 4 digits value of damage in their Tier 10 vehicles that damage actually looks more than reasonable.

Not even close. More like 7K or 8K. 

Maybe in T8 if your top tier, depending on team makeup. 

 

I could be wrong. 


Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

 


abhiop741 #203 Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:03 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 29905 battles
  • 5,502
  • [DICO]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View Postdeadman1921, on 14 September 2019 - 05:06 AM, said:

Not even close. More like 7K or 8K. 

Maybe in T8 if your top tier, depending on team makeup. 

 

I could be wrong. 

 

You are right, I forgot the 20% of the structure points of the enemy team. If there are 15 level X tanks with about 2'000 points, so 6'000 damage points minimum are required ! As we have no tank for this mission with a gun bigger than a 120 mm with 400 alpha damage, the HC medal requires to realize with a Tier X tank more than 15 penetrating shots ... without to be destroyed by the enemy team.
Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

natedaishmaster #204 Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:52 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 26378 battles
  • 302
  • [-AXS-]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View Postabhiop741, on 14 September 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

 

You are right, I forgot the 20% of the structure points of the enemy team. If there are 15 level X tanks with about 2'000 points, so 6'000 damage points minimum are required ! As we have no tank for this mission with a gun bigger than a 120 mm with 400 alpha damage, the HC medal requires to realize with a Tier X tank more than 15 penetrating shots ... without to be destroyed by the enemy team.

 

I mean the SConq is one of the best tanks for HC medals. I average more in it than I do in my other tanks. Overall I get a HC in ~10% of the game I play. In the SConq it is around 20%. The DPM and armor make it easy to farm people out from a good position. It is funny because everyone complained about HC medals for the Sharpshooter because it was only light tanks and now people complain in general. It isn't the tank selection that makes it hard, it is user error.

Edited by natedaishmaster, 16 September 2019 - 02:54 PM.

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


S5 V8 #205 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32766 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

One week into Stage 7 and it is proceeding far better than my original projection. I completed the Charlie Summer Op just prior to the weekend which I believe now provides a 2X multiplier for the remainder of the Op. So this coupled with using the XP boosts gained from the Op I was able to reach the following.


 

53225/58500 Spotting Damage

150/280 Kills

243361/418800 XP


 

I may be able to complete Stage 7 in two weeks rather the original projected 24 days, and just to be clear I am regularly messaged by the "pros" that I suck at this game.

I added the FV4202 and hope to add the T110E5 after completing Stage 7 as their is  a healthy reward of silver. The tier ten 2X silver, offered last weekend, rocks during the last stages. I hope this returns every weekend.


 

Based on this data I believe the projected completion of stage 8 can be reduced to 25 days.


 


 



S5 V8 #206 Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:56 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32766 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

I have played this game since the xBox founding day, but only just discovered the enhanced scoring toggle for the HUD. I wish I had this on during the spotting challenge on Stage 5. What a great addition to the game.



Spartan2511 #207 Posted 16 September 2019 - 05:23 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12275 battles
  • 82
  • Member since:
    12-07-2016

View PostS5 V8, on 16 September 2019 - 04:46 PM, said:

One week into Stage 7 and it is proceeding far better than my original projection. I completed the Charlie Summer Op just prior to the weekend which I believe now provides a 2X multiplier for the remainder of the Op. So this coupled with using the XP boosts gained from the Op I was able to reach the following.


 

53225/58500 Spotting Damage

150/280 Kills

243361/418800 XP


 

I may be able to complete Stage 7 in two weeks rather the original projected 24 days, and just to be clear I am regularly messaged by the "pros" that I suck at this game.

I added the FV4202 and hope to add the T110E5 after completing Stage 7 as their is  a healthy reward of silver. The tier ten 2X silver, offered last weekend, rocks during the last stages. I hope this returns every weekend.


 

Based on this data I believe the projected completion of stage 8 can be reduced to 25 days.


 


 

 

Im 99% sure that daily tank doubles, premium bonus and tank XP bonus are the only XP that apply to Contracts. The summer games double XP and any other multipliers you turn on dont count.

Gre3n Eclips3 #208 Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:24 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 9921 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014
I really want this tank, but I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to getting spotting damage. Does anyone have any tips to help out or suggested tanks for this particular contract? I’ve been using my M48 since the beginning of it, but despite the equipment I put on and the perks, I just seem to spot someone and when they get damaged I don’t get any spotting assist...I reckon the Super Conquerer is perfect for stage 6, so that stage is fine for me, does anyone have any suggestions for stage 4 and 5?

Belgos The Drow #209 Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27232 battles
  • 97
  • [FEN1X]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

Hi all.
I read all of the above yesterday and applied the suggestions. HC is easy, the test is the spotting damage 8 times. I got one of these two days ago on Provarovka whilst trying to do it. Not even close in the other 50 odd games....
The only way to do this is use a relatively fast tank with good spotting and two platoon mates in arty concentrating on hitting reds you spot.
Doing this solo pub would test my patience with this game.
Pershing, Ceturion and Machine did it for me.
Even with the above 2.5 hrs solid only garnered five more of these. So on 6/8.
Good luck your going to need it

 

thanks to Drock and Blackwidow, I suggest if you see these two in arty your in for a bad day



Belgos The Drow #210 Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:59 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27232 battles
  • 97
  • [FEN1X]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostGre3n Eclips3, on 16 September 2019 - 07:24 PM, said:

I really want this tank, but I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to getting spotting damage. Does anyone have any tips to help out or suggested tanks for this particular contract? I’ve been using my M48 since the beginning of it, but despite the equipment I put on and the perks, I just seem to spot someone and when they get damaged I don’t get any spotting assist...I reckon the Super Conquerer is perfect for stage 6, so that stage is fine for me, does anyone have any suggestions for stage 4 and 5?

Platoon or it’s gonna be really painful 



PureZX123 #211 Posted 17 September 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 8068 battles
  • 40
  • Member since:
    12-22-2016
Stage 5 solo is just too tedious, so I stopped trying. If WG add a skip for gold option, great, if not, nevermind. I completed Summer Charlie and all Commander ops instead. I can live without the Chisel.

S5 V8 #212 Posted 17 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32766 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostGre3n Eclips3, on 16 September 2019 - 12:24 PM, said:

I really want this tank, but I seem to have the worst luck when it comes to getting spotting damage. Does anyone have any tips to help out or suggested tanks for this particular contract? I’ve been using my M48 since the beginning of it, but despite the equipment I put on and the perks, I just seem to spot someone and when they get damaged I don’t get any spotting assist...I reckon the Super Conquerer is perfect for stage 6, so that stage is fine for me, does anyone have any suggestions for stage 4 and 5?

 

As stated previously. I had two spotting damage done completed by just playing, then went through a massive dry streak while working the high caliber medals. I attempted the platooning with two arties. We each rotated attempting to get the damage. No player in the group was able to complete any of the requirements. I then decided to use just the tier eight Chieftan/T95 1400 hit points and the Centurion 7/1. both have hard turrets and are mobile.  I believe the Chieftan is ideal, I found 1400 hit points is fairly easy to hit in spotting damage in a tier ten match. Make sure you are on the side with all the tanks with a hill.for cover. I made sure I was in the front spotted the targets then laid back, but kept lighting the targets, try not to let them go dark as another player can become the spotter.so just keep poking over a hill keeping the targets lit. let the higher level tanks do the damage, resist shooting and poking over the hill too far that your tank gets hit in the hull make sure the enhanced hud (read the spotting damage) is turned on from the game options, so you can see the spotting damage rack up, once it hits 1400 your done, then go shoot something I accomplished the remaining six spotting damage requirements using this method in one afternoon. Screwed around with platooning and swapping turns for the entire morning  and got nowhere. This works for me, good luck.

Edited by S5 V8, 17 September 2019 - 07:54 PM.


Gre3n Eclips3 #213 Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:08 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 9921 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    02-12-2014

View PostS5 V8, on 17 September 2019 - 03:45 PM, said:

 

As stated previously. I had two spotting damage done completed by just playing, then went through a massive dry streak while working the high caliber medals. I attempted the platooning with two arties. We each rotated attempting to get the damage. No player in the group was able to complete any of the requirements. I then decided to use just the tier eight Chieftan/T95 1400 hit points and the Centurion 7/1. both have hard turrets and are mobile.  I believe the Chieftan is ideal, I found 1400 hit points is fairly easy to hit in spotting damage in a tier ten match. Make sure you are on the side with all the tanks with a hill.for cover. I made sure I was in the front spotted the targets then laid back, but kept lighting the targets, try not to let them go dark as another player can become the spotter.so just keep poking over a hill keeping the targets lit. let the higher level tanks do the damage, resist shooting and poking over the hill too far that your tank gets hit in the hull make sure the enhanced hud (read the spotting damage) is turned on from the game options, so you can see the spotting damage rack up, once it hits 1400 your done, then go shoot something I accomplished the remaining six spotting damage requirements using this method in one afternoon. Screwed around with platooning and swapping turns for the entire morning  and got nowhere. This works for me, good luck.

 

Thanks man. I only have the atomic centurion, the S. Conqueror and the M48 to use. I find that the whole spotting damage system is a bit broken and highly annoying. Most games, I’m spotting players but they get damaged and somehow the assist wasn’t mine? WG should really change it so that all players who have view on the tank (within their range of course) get at least the assist and a small portion of the damage, not just the one player who half the time has only spotted him from the hill and isn’t even shooting at him. I’ll try your advice but a large portion of it depends on the team.



Belgos The Drow #214 Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:10 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27232 battles
  • 97
  • [FEN1X]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View PostGre3n Eclips3, on 17 September 2019 - 08:08 PM, said:

 

Thanks man. I only have the atomic centurion, the S. Conqueror and the M48 to use. I find that the whole spotting damage system is a bit broken and highly annoying. Most games, I’m spotting players but they get damaged and somehow the assist wasn’t mine? WG should really change it so that all players who have view on the tank (within their range of course) get at least the assist and a small portion of the damage, not just the one player who half the time has only spotted him from the hill and isn’t even shooting at him. I’ll try your advice but a large portion of it depends on the team.

If you have got it try platooning in The Machine with a couple or artys. Two good hits and you have got your 2100 dam. Make sure u tell them which spots are yours too

Machine is fast so will get the first spots plus it’s turret is strong so you can crest without shooting and teapot.

someone may be able to correct me here but I think if you track the target and arty hit it, if it’s your spot, you get half the damage as assisted tracking damage and half as spotting damage. Effectively making it harder for yourself...

still 6/8....



S5 V8 #215 Posted 18 September 2019 - 03:56 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 32766 battles
  • 261
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View PostGre3n Eclips3, on 17 September 2019 - 01:08 PM, said:

 

Thanks man. I only have the atomic centurion, the S. Conqueror and the M48 to use. I find that the whole spotting damage system is a bit broken and highly annoying. Most games, I’m spotting players but they get damaged and somehow the assist wasn’t mine? WG should really change it so that all players who have view on the tank (within their range of course) get at least the assist and a small portion of the damage, not just the one player who half the time has only spotted him from the hill and isn’t even shooting at him. I’ll try your advice but a large portion of it depends on the team.

 

 I tried this method with the M48 Patton this morning to complete the spotting damage for stage 7. Racked up 2180 spotting damage on Malinovka river side, no arties in the game achieved it in first 6 minutes of the game, goal was to exceed 2000. Spotted all from the little hill on the south side with  the bush on top. I did not fire a shot until after I hit my spotting damage. kept the enemy team lit the entire time try not to let them disappear which means regular peaks over the hill.

abhiop741 #216 Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:11 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 29905 battles
  • 5,502
  • [DICO]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013
I have perhaps some hope. I got my first HC medal with my T110E5 by doing 5386 damages (14 penetrating shots) and I probably just missed the second one in my last game by doing 5125 damages (best score, the 2nd, a teammate, did 4010). I think it doesn't reach 20% :(.

Edited by abhiop741, 18 September 2019 - 09:05 PM.

Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.

Belgos The Drow #217 Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27232 battles
  • 97
  • [FEN1X]
  • Member since:
    07-01-2014

View Postabhiop741, on 18 September 2019 - 07:11 PM, said:

I have perhaps some hope. I got my first HC medal with my T110E5 by doing 5386 damages (14 penetrating shots) and I probably just missed the second one in my last game by doing 5125 damages (best score, the 2nd, a teammate, did 4010). I think it doesn't reach 20% :(.

Nice one.

i got the last two spotting assists whilst in the Mutant6! Trying to get the last HC which I would have got had some moron in a light tank decided to kamikaze over a ridge which I had half their team pinned on.

took at Tortoise 100% he only penned me once.

took the Tiger 2 from 85% to fragged.

took the Panther 2 100%.

we got over run...

did 4800 damage



ThermalStone #218 Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 32259 battles
  • 4,649
  • [80085]
  • Member since:
    02-18-2014
I got 6 of my spotting games in the Patton Korea (one each in the Super Pershing and M60.)  I used the KR because I already had 3 marks so I didn't mind sacrificing the stats.  I lost over 20 points of damage standing.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.


BlackBull1st #219 Posted 19 September 2019 - 08:16 AM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 61014 battles
  • 376
  • Member since:
    02-13-2014

View Postabhiop741, on 11 September 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

 

I don't agree with you at all. This stage V is ill thought (as monthes ago one stage of the Sharpshooter) and players/customers are right to give their feedback to Wargaming. Naturally, some can have luck to get quickly the HC medals or be such a great player that the challenges are not to hard for him, but it doesnt change the fact that stage V is very frustrating and time consuming !

 

Again no one force you to grind this contract. You can just play the game and enjoy. You create that frustration and you choose to consume your time on this contract.

abhiop741 #220 Posted 19 September 2019 - 06:10 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 29905 battles
  • 5,502
  • [DICO]
  • Member since:
    11-09-2013

View PostBlackBull1st, on 19 September 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

 

Again no one force you to grind this contract. You can just play the game and enjoy. You create that frustration and you choose to consume your time on this contract.

 

You can think that as you don't know me (even if we were years ago on the now dead french forum), but in fact one on my reason to play the game is collecting tanks. I have 615 tanks now and 48 level X among them ... I know it's stupid as I cannot even play even 3 % of them every day, and as a Chisel won't add really anything to my big arsenal, but I won't change my mind. I stay a stubborn collector.

I don't particularly consume my time on this contract as I don't play more these times as usually. In fact I just play different tanks (46 for this stage 5) and I parallely completed the summer game Charlie.

I have still 122 days to complete this stage "mal fichu" and will succeed. I "only" need now 1 HC medal and 6 indirect damages challenge.

 


Edited by abhiop741, 19 September 2019 - 07:43 PM.

Once an active contributor on the French forum of WoT.





Also tagged with mercenary, tank, chisel

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users