My thoughts on Update 4.11.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:00 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20355 battles
  • [JOCO]

I do this sort of thread with each update, but to be honest I don't have that much to talk about with this one. There was very little that is glaringly wrong, but there's also very few notable improvements. Regardless, here's my thoughts on it:

Starting from the top, you have Dynamic ratings (where the stat bars of your tank actually change based off of your crew, equipment, and consumables). It's nice to see WG trying to make those stat bars mean something again, but I still really doubt they'll be any more useful than before (in other words, this almost certainly won't impact anything).

Then you have the balance changes, which as a whole are very underwhelming (most of the changes only affect tanks when not fully upgraded and some of the buffs/nerfs are very minor). The changes that stand out the most are the Lorrain 40t getting an appreciated traverse speed and health buff, the 121 finally can call its gun depression bad instead of terrible, the T37 is getting some nice buffs across the board (although I suspect it will still be a worse Rover 237), and for some unknown reason the T95 is getting yet another nerf (just a slightly accuracy and aiming time nerf, but still, why?). That still leaves many OP tanks without a nerf and many UP tanks without a buff, unfortunately.

From there you have some spawn balancing changes, which from what I can tell are all fine and don't seem to cause any issues. That said, the awful spawns on Highway and Ruinberg - Assault still exist for some reason, so that's another opportunity missed.

And finally you have the bug fixes and improvements. Most of the fixed bugs seem fairly insignificant, although the notable fix is that returning to your garage finally leaves you on the last tank you played again, but there are some pretty good quality of life improvements. Now it only takes one second to skip through all the op notifications instead of the three-five seconds it does now, you no longer need a premium account to create a team training room, and you can activate more than one Boost op as long as they're not in the same category (so you can have a X2 XP and a X2 silver OP active, but not a X2 and a X3 XP OP at the same time). There are also a couple of changes that do worry me a bit, though, as there are now tier IV bots on some maps (tier IV should be the absolute highest tier for bots in multiplayer), and you now are guaranteed to take more fall damage from high drops (not that big of an issue directly, but that means the physics still haven't been improved to keep you from taking a ton of fall damage from very small drops, as demonstrated here: https://xboxclips.com/FusionStar287/e3da9e7d-68d3-49fc-a273-c076d19bd429 ).

And to wrap up, I want to talk about the Chisel and the Object 279e. The Chisel, from the stats I've seen here, seems to be a very fun tier X medium and the contract up to it seems to have mostly reasonable objectives. It looks like it's basically a CAX hull that can do 57kph with the M48's turret and the Chieftain's gun. And the 279e seems like it's going to be very easy to earn (requiring only ten monthly ops to have been completed, with the other two months providing some unknown reward), which is nice for those who missed a month or two but also means that those tanks will be absolutely everywhere once it's released. I have a feeling that tier IX and X will be virtually unplayable for a few months, and I'm not really looking forward to that.

So, all in all this update simply exists. There were a few improvements, a few potential mistakes, but everything considered it didn't really change much. This is the update of wasted potential if you ask me, as while nothing was significantly hurt pretty much all of the prevailing OP/UP tanks and issues were left untouched.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:05 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20443 battles
  • [JOCO]
Kanonenjagdpanzer got its 3rd buff. I find that amusing for some reason.

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32 - In order obtained

Kmann30 #3 Posted 22 August 2019 - 07:16 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14430 battles

View PostFusionStar287, on 22 August 2019 - 01:00 PM, said:

I do this sort of thread with each update, but to be honest I don't have that much to talk about with this one. There was very little that is glaringly wrong, but there's also very few notable improvements. Regardless, here's my thoughts on it:

Starting from the top, you have Dynamic ratings (where the stat bars of your tank actually change based off of your crew, equipment, and consumables). It's nice to see WG trying to make those stat bars mean something again, but I still really doubt they'll be any more useful than before (in other words, this almost certainly won't impact anything).

Then you have the balance changes, which as a whole are very underwhelming (most of the changes only affect tanks when not fully upgraded and some of the buffs/nerfs are very minor). The changes that stand out the most are the Lorrain 40t getting an appreciated traverse speed and health buff, the 121 finally can call its gun depression bad instead of terrible, the T37 is getting some nice buffs across the board (although I suspect it will still be a worse Rover 237), and for some unknown reason the T95 is getting yet another nerf (just a slightly accuracy and aiming time nerf, but still, why?). That still leaves many OP tanks without a nerf and many UP tanks without a buff, unfortunately.

From there you have some spawn balancing changes, which from what I can tell are all fine and don't seem to cause any issues. That said, the awful spawns on Highway and Ruinberg - Assault still exist for some reason, so that's another opportunity missed.

And finally you have the bug fixes and improvements. Most of the fixed bugs seem fairly insignificant, although the notable fix is that returning to your garage finally leaves you on the last tank you played again, but there are some pretty good quality of life improvements. Now it only takes one second to skip through all the op notifications instead of the three-five seconds it does now, you no longer need a premium account to create a team training room, and you can activate more than one Boost op as long as they're not in the same category (so you can have a X2 XP and a X2 silver OP active, but not a X2 and a X3 XP OP at the same time). There are also a couple of changes that do worry me a bit, though, as there are now tier IV bots on some maps (tier IV should be the absolute highest tier for bots in multiplayer), and you now are guaranteed to take more fall damage from high drops (not that big of an issue directly, but that means the physics still haven't been improved to keep you from taking a ton of fall damage from very small drops, as demonstrated here: https://xboxclips.com/FusionStar287/e3da9e7d-68d3-49fc-a273-c076d19bd429 ).

And to wrap up, I want to talk about the Chisel and the Object 279e. The Chisel, from the stats I've seen here, seems to be a very fun tier X medium and the contract up to it seems to have mostly reasonable objectives. It looks like it's basically a CAX hull that can do 57kph with the M48's turret and the Chieftain's gun. And the 279e seems like it's going to be very easy to earn (requiring only ten monthly ops to have been completed, with the other two months providing some unknown reward), which is nice for those who missed a month or two but also means that those tanks will be absolutely everywhere once it's released. I have a feeling that tier IX and X will be virtually unplayable for a few months, and I'm not really looking forward to that.

So, all in all this update simply exists. There were a few improvements, a few potential mistakes, but everything considered it didn't really change much. This is the update of wasted potential if you ask me, as while nothing was significantly hurt pretty much all of the prevailing OP/UP tanks and issues were left untouched.

Well written, I think it is another wasted opprotunity. I came back to tanks after a year because of the +1/-1 event and the promise of a big balance update. They have not even addressed the possibility of this, or any mention of the rng %10 and penetration tests. I am very disappointed, but not surprised in the least. I will continue to play a little only because an old friend still plays. What a wasted opprotunity WG.....

JAG THE GEMINI #4 Posted 22 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 64287 battles
  • [UNIC-]
Update has some nice things but still no mention of +1/-1 MM and several! tanks still need slight buffs to gun handling/performance to be competitive like Type59, KV5, IS6, Progetto, E50, wz132 1 and others!

My youtube channel:https://www.youtube....w_as=subscriber

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users