Side Scraping and Hull Down: WGing Should Show New Exhibits

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

N333DL3 #1 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:05 PM

Major

• Players
  • 38805 battles

These are common terms used in WOT known to many.  When I first read them I wasn't sure what they meant.  Side scraping to me seemed a strange term and I though maybe it meant scraping your side against other tanks or buildings.  Didn't see much advantage in doing that.  By virtue of playing so many games, I was already side scraping with my tanks but didn't know that is what was meant by it.  (Still a weird term that doesn't quite match the action IMO)

Hull down was another curiosity.  I thought maybe it meant you were supposed to have your tank on a forward slope pointed down.  That didn't make sense to me either, because it would mean having the top of your tank more perpendicular to direct fire. I came to realize it meant having your hull 'down' below the horizon, or out of the direct line of fire.  In other words, having only the heavily armored turret exposed and using gun depression.

At the start up screen for WOT games, they show a coupe of exhibits we've all seen plenty of times.  You know the ones that show the bait tank and hidden snipers, or using obstacles to avoid arty rounds, etc.

WOT should create some new graphics for new players that show both 'hull down' and 'side scraping' so new players learn early on what the deal is.

John Arrowsmith #2 Posted 22 August 2019 - 10:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 76004 battles

I don't think it would make any odds,   most are unwilling to learn anything other than Yolo, base camp or afk.

World of tanks Auto lock edition,  because aiming shouldn't be a skill.

gbsman812 #3 Posted 23 August 2019 - 12:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 37210 battles

View PostJohn Arrowsmith, on 22 August 2019 - 05:50 PM, said:

I don't think it would make any odds,   most are unwilling to learn anything other than Yolo, base camp or afk.

Damn right you are :(

WrathJ83 #4 Posted 23 August 2019 - 01:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 22239 battles
They just need to add the over angling of the Minuteman and Hardcase as examples. :trollface:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users