Bot accuracy in Warstories

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

SandM9 #1 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles

After having played a bunch of War Stories I can't help but notice that it sure does seem like they can alter  accuracy/dispersion if they want to. Or do the bots have some special separate mechanic?

Also I can clearly see the "defense turrets" shooting through the landscape and I don't mean the grass.

Anybody else who's bothered to play notice?

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

Pontiac Pat #2 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:42 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 24988 battles
  • [47R]
They do seem quite accurate.  Gotta be careful.  I've not seen shooting through the landscape though.  Take a vid if you see that.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

SandM9 #3 Posted 24 August 2019 - 04:55 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 24 August 2019 - 09:42 AM, said:

They do seem quite accurate.  Gotta be careful.  I've not seen shooting through the landscape though.  Take a vid if you see that.

I'd really rather not. In the "Heist mission" on the last stage, go take out the turrets to the west(?) you can go hull down in the valley and watch the tracers closely. You'll notice them consistently clip through the landscape and hit your tank.

"quite accurate" is a bit of an understatement. I started playing just to see how far away they could snap shot me while on the move. It's pretty far and consistent as well. They don't seem to suffer any negative dispersion for movement of the tank or turret. 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

DefiantSpurr #4 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14120 battles
  • [BNKR]
Don't they get all the skills and perks?

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

USSWISCONSIN94 #5 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:50 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]
Always wonder as to what the loadouts for the bots were. and arty still targets you even after you are no longer spotted either.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

DefiantSpurr #6 Posted 24 August 2019 - 06:58 PM

Major

• Players
  • 14120 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 24 August 2019 - 06:50 PM, said:

Always wonder as to what the loadouts for the bots were. and arty still targets you even after you are no longer spotted either.

bot arty is lethal.

My daughter likes to do pve missions in her Tiger2. 

And she got wrecked by arty repeatedly the other day, as soon as the reds spotted her it was non stop arty pain. Even when she had moved and was no longer visible/sensed.

Subscribe to my YouTube! 

https://www.youtube....ser/immortalfae

Pit Friend #7 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32993 battles
  • [PTATO]
They are quite accurate but as far as I know they never actually aim at weak spots, they just aim center mass. Unfortunately this doesn’t matter against bot artillery. 

Una nox dormienda - You only live once (but classier)

SandM9 #8 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 24 August 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

View PostDefiantSpurr, on 24 August 2019 - 11:58 AM, said:

bot arty is lethal.

And she got wrecked by arty repeatedly the other day, as soon as the reds spotted her it was non stop arty pain. Even when she had moved and was no longer visible/sensed.

I've done some tests and it seems that once they know where you are they always know. I've made sure I'm not spotted and tried doing some tricky flanking but they always know which side of the house/rock/obstacle you are coming from. They may know where you are before you are spotted.

And bot "arty". Wow. Was running the "Arty" chapter in a T50-2. Running circles around the bot heavies and mediums. Went after the three arties (Hummels?) made the mistake of stopping for a second and was promptly nuked.  I want to add that the bot artillery in that mission will not shoot at tanks you spot and they give the Tiger II a buffed turret traverse.

Edited by SandM9, 24 August 2019 - 08:39 PM.

USSWISCONSIN94 #9 Posted 24 August 2019 - 08:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 11997 battles
  • [47R]

View PostSandM9, on 24 August 2019 - 03:38 PM, said:

I've done some tests and it seems that once they know where you are they always know. I've made sure I'm not spotted and tried doing some tricky flanking but they always know which side of the house/rock/obstacle you are coming from. They may know where you are before you are spotted.

And bot "arty". Wow. Was running the "Arty" chapter in a T50-2. Running circles around the bot heavies and mediums. Went after the three arties (Hummels?) made the mistake of stopping for a second and was promptly nuked.  I want to add that the bot artillery in that mission will not shoot at tanks you spot. 

Bots are a bunch of hackers i know it!

View PostDefiantSpurr, on 24 August 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

bot arty is lethal.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

SandM9 #10 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:01 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 24 August 2019 - 01:39 PM, said:

Bots are a bunch of hackers i know it!

sitting in their bot-moms bot-basement eating bot-chips and slamming gamer fuel.

twocruel4u2c #11 Posted 24 August 2019 - 09:16 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15023 battles
It seem at times they have all the skills.   Snap shot , extra view range,  etc. etc.     Only thing I see that they are at a disadvantage is when face hugging and they shot center of mass.

animatethant #12 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:44 AM

Major

• Players
  • 78541 battles

Believe me, I've played war stories alot.

And I'll tell you that bot behavior and accuracy is scary at times ... and they have alternated from patches to buffing and nerfing to suit because at one point it was very difficult to finish live fire even as a unicum with the ops intact. 

Wargaming has also tweaked module damage etc in war stories because you could use tanks like the 215b and use hesh to good effect setting fires etc ... but after a particular patch the instance of fires was reduced dramatically.

Mostly because people talk on the forums. But also because it was making it too difficult for new players to succeed at the game and it was probably driving them away.

Also, notice how it's very difficult to outdrive and outmaneuver the bots. They are experts at avoiding you and avoiding collisions. 

They are also very adept at spotting you despite your best efforts.

Plum1973 #13 Posted 25 August 2019 - 09:27 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 439 battles
Very interesting
Rookie again

f1mitku #14 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:13 PM

Major

• Players
  • 46701 battles

Bots in WS have every possible cheat you may imagine.

Their auto-aim is always aimed at your weakest visible point, not on center mass or at a point behind cover as yours. I would pay for this bots auto aim. It would make manual aim obsolete even not speaking for the aiming speed.

They always know where you are and don’t need someone to spot you in order to hit you - just watch Live Fire arty’s, you have to move somewhere when no other bots left (reds to spot you or greens for the arty to hit them and screw your Ops) but stay in place where they can hit you if they know your position. 

They know your turning radius and your speed - it’s easy for them to evade a collision or to hit your front wheel, or ammo rack, or engine even if you and they are on full speed. And their dispersion formula (accuracy RNG) is much different than yours. 

Etc... etc. I have thousands of games in WS and I’ve finished all WS missions and could speak for this.

But WG nerfed WS and PG earnings to pointlessness level and I almost don’t play them anymore. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

Cyrex005 #15 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10685 battles
  • [BNKR]
Lat time I played it seemed like they shoot slightly ahead of center mass(even driving perpendicular to they). Well pt it to the test one day. Well just go off-road side and see where they actually hit.

Albapfalzd3 #16 Posted 25 August 2019 - 02:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21489 battles

As mentioned the Reds on WS cheat. They still know where you are when you are no longer rendered even after you move. I have verified this several times in the final Sealion Mission with the Boss tank always knowing where I was at. I would have him spot me and then go the opposite direction until undetected then go all the way to the other side of where he was and just wait there and sure enough he would pop up coming straight for me and start shooting at me even before detecting me. In fact I would know he was coming because shots would start landing near me even before I could see him. In one mission (Brother at Arms final mission, Karelia Map) I took a shot at a Red whose turret was facing the opposite direction and it instantly whipped it turret around and put a shot right into me hitting me hard. I was not rendered. So yeah they cheat but it is still very easy to win some of the missions if using Moderately armored fast firing Tier V tanks such as the Bogatyr, Churchill III, Captured KV-1, Ram II, etc...Just pick missions where it doesn't penalize you for picking up Ammo or Health drops because in most missions you are going to need at least ammo. BUT if you start using higher tier tanks it becomes much more difficult AND expensive. 

Roy

SandM9 #17 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:09 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32462 battles

Thanks for the feedback feels good to know I'm not alone in noticing some of these things. 

Makes me seriously question some of their past statements regarding their ability to tweak mechanics in the game. (just kidding I've always questioned what they say)

SightlessRogue0 #18 Posted 26 August 2019 - 09:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 18612 battles
Solo in the test grounds I had encountered an abnormal Bots a little before they became experts in war history. I had reported on the forum francophone but I was not believed. I laughed when the war story bots became overpowered, aggressive, and equipped with laser sights that confirmed word for word everything I had described (before WG made them a little less aggressive). Too bad the French forum was closed at that time.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users