Player on Red Team Sends Join Group Invite Before Start of Match

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

DrHorrible4Life #21 Posted 26 August 2019 - 02:19 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 12509 battles
I've had a guy read me my details.  They were shockingly inaccurate.  Apparently NordVPN plays games with these trolls.  I told him to SWAT me.  If he did, he missed me by several time zones.

SPUK4U #22 Posted 26 August 2019 - 04:13 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11360 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 25 August 2019 - 03:46 PM, said:

There’s definitely a Block that I used, but the reporting from the profile is only applicable to language, pictures, and content.  You cannot report behavior from there.  There’s no category for “Report Abuse of the Invite system” unfortunately.  I even searched Sony’s Support pages

This invite spam is PS4 problem and hard to report. I usually block the user and turn messages friends only privacy setting on for a while. You could also set notifications off so that you don't get popups during game. 
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Xero M XTC #23 Posted 26 August 2019 - 05:06 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13726 battles
On xbox just set your status to do not disturb, no need to futz with your setting.

Jherry Angel #24 Posted 26 August 2019 - 07:40 AM

Captain

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 34406 battles

View PostBrogueOne, on 25 August 2019 - 03:05 AM, said:

I just recently(on PS4) had a game where I one-shot an enemy AMX 50b with my CGC and he spent the remainder of the match spamming Party invites at me. I checked the Notifications log on my PS4 afterwards and they had spammed 50+ invites at me. That was definitely trolling.... it could’ve been your case was also trolling of a different nature and intent

Had similar under similar circumstances but on the Xbox - this time a camping Heavy tracked and a cartridge emptied on them by the T10 B-C, then caught them again (they appeared to expect me to leave them alone when out in the open - yep they sat is the same place, totally spotted whilst I reloaded for 45 secs).  I had 15 or so invites from them, one after the other, which weren't looked at til after the match.  They were deleted and the player then blocked.

Never knew about it revealing your ISP - handy to know.  I'd assumed they had done it to be annoying but there may have been another purpose.

"Whatever doesn't kill you, simply makes you ... stranger." 

pilotguy79 #25 Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:17 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17696 battles
  • [LIP]
Yes. i wasn’t sure who it was . I’m guessing it was to give his team locations away or for me to give my team away.

SightlessRogue0 #26 Posted 26 August 2019 - 08:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19890 battles

View PostSchiavoser, on 25 August 2019 - 12:00 AM, said:

That is very disappointing, especially if you had a chance to win. If people assume game is over, "that guy is wasting time," and call out your spot to opponent, it denies A chance to do something fun. A couple hours ago, I won an Assault match on defense -- I was in a M53/55 and the last one alive with 2:30 left on clock. Ended up killing one of 3 reds remaining and hiding until timer expired. 

My first ACE with my E25 would not have been possible if idiots had communicated my positions. I was the last survivor, he was 5 red and we won. Communicating the position of a green is selfishness: the guy wants to take his tank for another game and it removes the last green chance to achieve a feat.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users