Could the Tiger II get a average damage increase?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #21 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:25 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBigHundy, on 25 August 2019 - 08:09 AM, said:

I think tanks with the pike nose to have worse overall armour.

It's true the turret of the 252u is far superior, but hiding the rest of the tank is a chore due to the pike nose.

The m4 49's armour is negated by the massive commander's hatch.

The Nameless is terrible and shouldn't even be spoken about in any way shape or form. No one plays it.

The Kirovets has good armour and a tank I've always wanted because it doesn't have a pike nose.

So fair enough comparison but I tend not to compare premium tanks with TT ones due to the on going power creep p/w aspect of new premium tanks.

Strictly speaking about the TT.

Perhaps the IS-M and the turret of the T32 obviously.

But if you factor in the hull of the T32, i'd rather have the hull of the Tiger 2 and it's sidescraping ability.

Perhaps it's my pension for sidescraping that makes me dig the Lowe, Tiger 2, and the IS-M so much.

Let me be perfectly frank, though. I'm not saying the Tiger 2 is OP. I am merely stating it doesn't need a buff.

I think it's in a good spot and it sets you up well for the OP E-75 (pls nerf why did you buff it wg seriously lol) and the still decent E-100

Honestly pike noses are very nice to have as long as they're well armored. Tanks like the IS-3 suffer from having a pike nose since angling at all makes a large part of your front a weak point, but tanks like the IS-7 and 252U can actually make the pike nose design work well since they still have good armor even when angling a bit, and because of their pike nose design they can do very well when angling around corners and when wiggling while approaching an enemy.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

BlahCarnivore6 #22 Posted 25 August 2019 - 06:51 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9706 battles
  • [12PZR]
Top gun or the one before it? I have been playing with both, but when I got the last gun, yeah alpha and pen went up, but the reload was rough for my play style (aggressive).

What do you all use?

BigHundy #23 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9707 battles
  • [FCCM]

View PostFusionStar287, on 25 August 2019 - 01:25 PM, said:

Honestly pike noses are very nice to have as long as they're well armored. Tanks like the IS-3 suffer from having a pike nose since angling at all makes a large part of your front a weak point, but tanks like the IS-7 and 252U can actually make the pike nose design work well since they still have good armor even when angling a bit, and because of their pike nose design they can do very well when angling around corners and when wiggling while approaching an enemy.

The 252U's pike nose to me doesn't work all that well.

Maybe it's me?

The side armour and turret armour are OP, though.

And it can certainly be difficult to pen at times.

But whenever I angle the pike is getting penned, and I always hated that.

I'd take a normal hull over a pike any day.

Personal pref, I guess.

I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

matematicalone #24 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:37 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 2330 battles

Scourge plays way better than any of those tier 8 heavies, great armor, solid gun (HEAT round), but what's most important it runs like a fast medium. Konigtiger plays a role of a mobile heavy almost half-medium with great gun handling. You can't rely much on your armor, although it can work well against same tier and lower. But let's be honest and say that tier 9 and 10 eat it for breakfast.

It's far from being OP and it's far from being bad or undergunned. Konigtiger is great as is.

Teffisk #25 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 23197 battles
  • [-L7-]

View PostTempest fox3, on 25 August 2019 - 04:35 AM, said:

The Tiger II is already fairly overbuffed as it is. It really doesn't need it. 320 is plenty with that juicy gun handling.

Lol, what? How is it overbuffed?

Tempest fox3 #26 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:23 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20687 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTeffisk, on 25 August 2019 - 07:50 PM, said:

Lol, what? How is it overbuffed?

Lets see. It's had a terrain resistance buff, a rate of fire buff and an accuracy buff in the past. 

And it never got the engine nerf pc gave it. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

FusionStar287 #27 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:44 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20395 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBigHundy, on 25 August 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

The 252U's pike nose to me doesn't work all that well.

Maybe it's me?

The side armour and turret armour are OP, though.

And it can certainly be difficult to pen at times.

But whenever I angle the pike is getting penned, and I always hated that.

I'd take a normal hull over a pike any day.

Personal pref, I guess.

I mean, even if you're angling at a 20 degree angle the weakest part of the upper plate is still about 270mm effective. You're right that it's just a personal preference though, and to be honest I dislike a bunch of pike nose tanks because of how weak that design can make their armor. At the same time, tanks like the 252u, IS-7, and even the Kranvagn benefit from the pike nose design in my eyes, as the former two can combine it with their fairly strong lower plate armor to bait shots that the enemy expect to pen, and the Kranvagn's pike nose allows you to make half of its upper plate armor an auto-ricochet on flat ground where you would be easily penned everywhere if it were a normal design.

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users