Jump to content


Leopard Prototyp A


  • Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

moeggsy #1 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:06 AM

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 31098 battles
  • 581
  • [GRUMP]
  • Member since:
    02-22-2016
Was really looking forward to grinding this cat but boy is it's going to be a long hull getting 200,000XP for the top gun. Too bad there isn't a mid way tier 9 gun. I am fully aware final packages usually make the tank but this "tier 8"  9 cm Kanone is awfully bouncy at higher tiers and lacks damage. Gonna be a grind for sure.:angry:

XT356 #2 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:45 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10536 battles
  • 2,563
  • [DNTCR]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013
My issue is with the stock engine. I really dont want to burn 50k free xp on it, but its so damn slow for a tank with ZERO armor.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

matematicalone #3 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:47 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2780 battles
  • 1,429
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

You should reach into your wallet and convert some free xp to get it, that's the idea behind huge xp wall for final packages at tier IX in general. First you frustrate them and than watch the gold pouring in. :teethhappy:



matematicalone #4 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:53 AM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2780 battles
  • 1,429
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

There are some exceptions, like tier IX Polish heavy, final upgrade gets you nothing and costs like 60k (not sure), also French tier IX heavy final package gets you worse gun for 60k xp (folks don't buy this one it's a total waste). I would add Obj 705 to that group too, final package gets you 130 mm gun with bigger alpha but less pen and DPM gets worse and handling also, just not sure if this one is avoidable or mandatory in tier X grind.


 

Now that I said it it looks like most of the newly added tier IX heavy tanks have useless final packages.



BigHundy #5 Posted 25 August 2019 - 11:00 AM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9707 battles
  • 3,884
  • [FCCM]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

They got me on that tier 9 hook.

I free XP'd most tier 9s.

They are just too difficult to grind stock.

Tanks like the E50 aren't that bad now, but for the most part tier 9 grinds are when I pull out the black card lol


I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

 

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

 


Kaptain Proton #6 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:03 PM

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 40440 battles
  • 57
  • [47R]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2016
I don’t remember the grind but I can say it’s my favorite tier 9 medium tank.  Also I didn’t like the Leopard 1 so I just play the PTA.  I have enough tanks now That I don’t really grind anymore.  I think it’s easier now than the old days.  We get so many boosts from ops.  

redshadowrider #7 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:05 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37592 battles
  • 8,294
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014
I hated the grind, and didn't free XP any of it.  The top package finally makes it playable, but do not sit still, or you are back to the garage.
I'm just saying.....

motor sw #8 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:09 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14712 battles
  • 294
  • [STRV]
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015
The Leo PTA has imho one of the worst stock grinds. But the tank is very good once fully upgraded, also one of my favorite tanks :justwait:

BigHundy #9 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:12 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9707 battles
  • 3,884
  • [FCCM]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View Postmotor sw, on 25 August 2019 - 01:09 PM, said:

The Leo PTA has imho one of the worst stock grinds. But the tank is very good once fully upgraded, also one of my favorite tanks :justwait:

 

T-54 for me looks to be the worst. I think you start with a tier 7 gun.

 

PTA is, imo, the best tier 9 medium.

Of course now WG will probably give it a 3 second aim time and ruin it.


I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

 

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

 


Pit Friend #10 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:53 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 33535 battles
  • 18,615
  • [PTATO]
  • Member since:
    07-14-2014
It’s one of the German tier IXs which were specifically designed to get you to spend Free XPs because the stock grinds were so bad. There’s a reason my friends nicknamed it the Leopard Pain in The A$$. :)

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 


motor sw #11 Posted 25 August 2019 - 01:57 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 14712 battles
  • 294
  • [STRV]
  • Member since:
    08-03-2015

View PostBigHundy, on 25 August 2019 - 02:12 PM, said:

 

T-54 for me looks to be the worst. I think you start with a tier 7 gun.

 

PTA is, imo, the best tier 9 medium.

Of course now WG will probably give it a 3 second aim time and ruin it.

 

Agreed. The T-54 was very bad stock. I have yet to recover to decent stats and positive win rate in the T-54 despite two marking it some time ago. It was my first high tier tank and I the stats really reflect that.

The Skoda T 50 is another example of a dreadful stock tank, while very good max upgraded.

 



CatSnipah #12 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 27076 battles
  • 5,458
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

It’s a fantastic tank when fully upgraded. Still one of my favorite tier 9s. 

 

Recommend safe stowage skill on your crew if you plan to keep them there after completing the grind to the Leopard. I wouldn’t necessarily skip other important skills for it, just something to keep in mind, as it has a tendency to get racked. 



BigHundy #13 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:14 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9707 battles
  • 3,884
  • [FCCM]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View PostCatSnipah, on 25 August 2019 - 03:00 PM, said:

It’s a fantastic tank when fully upgraded. Still one of my favorite tier 9s. 

 

Recommend safe stowage skill on your crew if you plan to keep them there after completing the grind to the Leopard. I wouldn’t necessarily skip other important skills for it, just something to keep in mind, as it has a tendency to get racked. 

 

Honestly I wouldn't even recommend buying the Leopard 1.

It feels like a slight upgrade but not enough to warrant the 6,000,000 silver purchase.

That's just my opinion. Perhaps if they buffed it in some way, but I'd say with -2/+2 you're better off in the PTA.


I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

 

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

 


panthermark #14 Posted 25 August 2019 - 03:49 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 13215 battles
  • 1,165
  • Member since:
    12-30-2016

I just got this tank a few days ago.  

The 2X bonus plus a bunch of 5X boosts helped quite a bit. 

 

That tanks SUCKS until the top gun. 

First package is SLOW with a pea-shooter.

The second package is fast, but with a pea shooter. 

The final package changes everything. 

 


3 MOE's: VK 30.01D (VI), T-34 (V), M-24 Chaffee (V)

2 MOE's: Indien-Panzer (VIII), T-20 (VII), Cromwell B (VI), Snakebite (VI), T-37 (VI), M4 Sherman w/Derp (V), VK 16.02 Leopard (V)


Master Raigoth #15 Posted 25 August 2019 - 04:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4753 battles
  • 203
  • [7C]
  • Member since:
    12-22-2015

View Postmatematicalone, on 25 August 2019 - 07:53 AM, said:

There are some exceptions, like tier IX Polish heavy, final upgrade gets you nothing and costs like 60k (not sure), also French tier IX heavy final package gets you worse gun for 60k xp (folks don't buy this one it's a total waste). I would add Obj 705 to that group too, final package gets you 130 mm gun with bigger alpha but less pen and DPM gets worse and handling also, just not sure if this one is avoidable or mandatory in tier X grind.


 

Now that I said it it looks like most of the newly added tier IX heavy tanks have useless final packages.

 

Obj. 705 actually gets the IS-7's gun as its final package.

matematicalone #16 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:22 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 2780 battles
  • 1,429
  • Member since:
    11-15-2017

View PostMaster Raigoth, on 25 August 2019 - 05:16 PM, said:

 

Obj. 705 actually gets the IS-7's gun as its final package.

 

No it's not, it's same gun only by name. Rof, DPM, aim time, reload, accuracy and even depression is worse than IS-7's gun.

122 mm is way better gun for Obj 705.



LiteralComic635 #17 Posted 25 August 2019 - 07:53 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 491 battles
  • 1,526
  • Member since:
    11-21-2016

I am grinding the Leopard PTA from stock. Just play it cautiously and sneak around. Haven't gotten the second package unlocked yet but it is playable base package. Look for all the remaining packages to drop 50k XP once you unlock the first package since the first package is contained in all the remaining packages.

 

I have enough free XP but I'm not in a hurry to burn it up since the base package is playable, you just have to think like a tier 8 tank, sneak and support. 

 

ChubbyBuckle06 



BigHundy #18 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:00 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 9707 battles
  • 3,884
  • [FCCM]
  • Member since:
    12-27-2016

View PostLiteralComic635, on 25 August 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

I am grinding the Leopard PTA from stock. Just play it cautiously and sneak around. Haven't gotten the second package unlocked yet but it is playable base package. Look for all the remaining packages to drop 50k XP once you unlock the first package since the first package is contained in all the remaining packages.

 

I have enough free XP but I'm not in a hurry to burn it up since the base package is playable, you just have to think like a tier 8 tank, sneak and support. 

 

ChubbyBuckle06 

 

Well, nowadays with the current OP structure, you can earn so many boosts that grinding tanks has never been easier.

 


I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol, and cheap women. The other half I wasted -  W.C. Fields

 

On the last day of your life, don't forget to die.

 


redshadowrider #19 Posted 25 August 2019 - 08:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 37592 battles
  • 8,294
  • Member since:
    03-17-2014

View PostBigHundy, on 25 August 2019 - 09:14 AM, said:

 

Honestly I wouldn't even recommend buying the Leopard 1.

It feels like a slight upgrade but not enough to warrant the 6,000,000 silver purchase.

That's just my opinion. Perhaps if they buffed it in some way, but I'd say with -2/+2 you're better off in the PTA.

 

Just bought the Leopard I on sale last week.  It was only 15% off, but still not the 6.1 mil.
I'm just saying.....

XT356 #20 Posted 26 August 2019 - 12:11 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 10536 battles
  • 2,563
  • [DNTCR]
  • Member since:
    11-07-2013
I broke down and spent 40something k xp on the first package. Now the tank is more mobile and thus suits my needs better.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”




2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users