Fixed spectacular matchmaking! (free cookies)

matchmaking win rate streak losing losing streak

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Moby203 #1 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:17 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37681 battles
  • [STUMP]

I guarantee this has been aired before but we'll do it again...  It's clear that players are categorized either for the day or for an unknown period of time to have a certain 'level' of matchmaking.  Maybe it happens when you're working on an Op or a mission.  Maybe it gets triggered when you enable a boost.  Maybe it gets triggered when you run a certain tank or even a certain tier tank so many times.... Nobody knows.  But it's clear that you get categorized.

I've posted in the past that I went through an 18 game losing streak on December 26 2018.  Just yesterday I hit a nice little 10 game losing streak.  And now that I'm working on a 'contract' I'm finding spectacular teams that have nearly no chance of winning.  Right now, I've won 7 out of 31 matches or a 22.5% win rate.  After 36,147 matches overall, I've accumulated a 50.6% win rate.  I've taken a break for an hour to do something else and then came back and the potatoes still persist.  I've gotten anywhere from 2-6 players NEARLY every single match that do zero damage.  I'll even get 1-3 players that will not even fire the gun once!  WHY?  WHY??  I can drop my controller and fire the gun.

Now, one could argue that overall, things average out.  Average should apply to the hours it takes to play 31 matches or the 31 matches itself.  I'm still keeping track of each and every one of my matches I play solo and the matches I play platooned since October 22, 2017.  I'll summarize my data after 10,000 solo matches and 10,000 platooned matches.  Right now I've got 7,849 solo matches recorded and 6,865 platooned matches.  Yes, I know... get a life... but I'm sitting in front of the TV and the computer is right here so I thought 'why not?'.  It's impossible to argue with facts.

During this wonderful streak, I've tried various tanks and tank types generally tier 8 - 10.  One would think that these people would have some idea how to utilize the map, the terrain, the features and the tanks strengths.  Sadly, that is not the case.

All we want is fair matchmaking.  Simple as that.  You can say "that's never happened to me".  AND that proves my point exactly.  I've had way more occurrences of long losing streaks (10 or more games) than wins.  Don't ask me why that is... Why do some players see this all too often?

It's clear that an equal number of 'weak' players are not placed on each team.  Clearly.  Why do are there 4-6 potatoes on my team that do zero damage and the winning team has zero or maybe 1 player doing zero damage?  Please, just stop.  Whatever the 'rules' and algorithm used to matchmake, it's not working properly.  And 'working as intended' means it's broken and it's just the lazy excuse to not correct or improve it.  People who want better from the experience care.  If we didn't care, we wouldn't play or voice a perspective and we'd just stop contributing money toward Wargaming.  So this isn't a whining post, it's supposed to shed light on a clear issue with no solution presented to the community.

How about Wargaming put all the players that will not fire the gun or the 40-45% win rate players all in one match and let them play together!

I cannot afford to spend money on tanks, premium time etc... if I'm not getting the game that I'm paying for.  I wonder if there are legal grounds for being swindled out of what you've paid for such as games such as No Man's Sky or Fallout 76?

Free cookies was just to get your attention

Edited by Moby203, 30 August 2019 - 02:21 AM.

Gripall #2 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:22 AM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 33846 battles
  • [25-KV]
What he said exactly. ^

" Loyalty is Shown " & " Respect is Earned "

ALF EXTREME #3 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:30 AM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 49710 battles
i agree about the battle swaying 1 night in 5 plus years me and a friend broke it some how and went on something like a 30+ win streak running t29's.

I AM KING

and i declare death to all artillery, who will follow me on this righteous quest for freedom

Moby203 #4 Posted 30 August 2019 - 01:57 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37681 battles
  • [STUMP]

View PostALF EXTREME, on 30 August 2019 - 01:30 AM, said:

i agree about the battle swaying 1 night in 5 plus years me and a friend broke it some how and went on something like a 30+ win streak running t29's.

That's fine but when did it happen?  Do you have a log of exactly how many matches you won in a row?  Did you record it?  30 games could take 4-6 hours?  The odds (if 50/50) of winning 30 matches in a row is 1 out of 1,073,741,332 matches.  (That's BILLION)

Or in other words, you have a 0.0000000931323% chance of 50/50 coming out the same way after 30 matches.  Maybe it was 15 or 20 or 25... but I'm not saying I had an 18 game losing streak or saying I won 7 out of 31 matches... I have proof.  I'm presenting numbers and not giving estimates and recollections.  I appreciate you may run the T29 very well, and that's great.  But I'm showing numbers and statistics.

Tempest fox3 #5 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:01 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21023 battles
  • [JOCO]

A low win rate over a small amount of battles can be an unlucky run. A low win rate over thousands of battles, well you kinda have to start looking at the only common factor that was present for every battle.

Some people are just bad and can't or dont want to improve. If they're having fun fair enough.

What truly separates the average 50% player from a good player? 1 to 2 more wins for every 10 games played. That's it. You can never win them all, stop dwelling on the games you can't change.

Improve your personal performance so that when that battle comes around where you can make the difference between a win and a loss you can ensure it's a win.

Over the last month I have played 429 battles and won 303 of them.

Over the last couple of years my overall win rate has risen from 57% to 60.8% and it still climbing fairly quickly. I'll likely hit 61% overall before the end of the year. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

PYLE33 #6 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:13 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 9207 battles
You should change that red lettering at the bottom of your post. There was some emphasis put on red is for WG staff and moderators only in their last forum rules rehash. As far as the game goes right now it isn't fun to play at all. You can affect being top or bottom tier by switching tiers but the stacked teams or moreover horrid team weighting is constant and it doesn't make any sense at all because swapping a few tanks or platoons between the teams would fix most imbalanced matches. 

Moby203 #7 Posted 30 August 2019 - 02:20 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 37681 battles
  • [STUMP]

View PostTempest fox3, on 30 August 2019 - 02:01 AM, said:

A low win rate over a small amount of battles can be an unlucky run. A low win rate over thousands of battles, well you kinda have to start looking at the only common factor that was present for every battle.

Some people are just bad and can't or dont want to improve. If they're having fun fair enough.

What truly separates the average 50% player from a good player? 1 to 2 more wins for every 10 games played. That's it. You can never win them all, stop dwelling on the games you can't change.

Improve your personal performance so that when that battle comes around where you can make the difference between a win and a loss you can ensure it's a win.

Over the last month I have played 429 battles and won 303 of them.

Over the last couple of years my overall win rate has risen from 57% to 60.8% and it still climbing fairly quickly. I'll likely hit 61% overall before the end of the year. 

31 matches isn't a terribly small subset.  But 22.5% is a big departure from 50.6%.  And if things 'go back to normal' tomorrow, I'll be at 45-55% win rate over 30-40 matches.  You can't say one day isn't a dramatic departure from the next.  Something is going on beyond a players skill.  Bad luck, rough patch, bad players, unlucky or whatever you call it isn't a reason.  I'm trying to move past this disaster and not dwell on it.  I want Wargaming to accept the fact that matchmaking isn't 50/50 or equal or even for everyone all the time.  It's that simple.  Matches are over in 4-6 minutes and the loss is easily apparent in 1-2 minutes.

I always work on my skill but these is nothing to work on if you have no time to reposition, re-prioritize aim, etc...  It's a lost cause.  I also run various tanks so I don't run my best tanks but try to improve across the board/tank types.  Maybe I'm just a 50-51% win rate player.... that's fine.  But I'm not a 22% win rate player and there's absolutely nothing I can do to help these teams win.

I'm presenting numbers and the case for change.  Simple as that.  Wether I'm a 40%, 50% or 60% win rate player, the current win rate today is inexplicable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users