• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

SoMuchHard #81 Posted 07 September 2019 - 12:57 PM

Sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 18713 battles
  • [PX]

View PostComixfan, on 01 September 2019 - 09:58 AM, said:

One of the worst things Wargaming did was add the travesty called Mercenaries to World of Tanks on console. It should have been a separate game mode with Merc tanks vs Merc tanks. Mercenaries should never have been added in to the regular multiplayer game mode.

The absolute worst thing they did was add The Machine. That thing is so ridiculously broken. It needs to be removed completely.

Give that man a medal.:medal::great:

SandM9 #82 Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:26 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 33251 battles

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 06 September 2019 - 07:16 AM, said:

It's about 1 million exp from tier 1 to tier 10 so it is fairly close. Add in the fact that the tank is free and you get stuff along the way and it pretty much evens out if you. The Chisel is 500k more exp than the average tier 10 and that's about 20k gold worth of free exp. 20k gold is 8 million silver. Since you get the tank for free plus other stuff, the cost almost exactly evens out. It's almost like WG calculated it to be that way (they definiely did lol). Sure you don't get the tier 8 or 9 on the way there but I usually end up selling those tanks anyways (and losing silver on the grind too). You also don't have to play any stock or crappy tanks along the way so the grind, IMO, is more enjoyable. As far as medals, I rarely have a problem completing those before I get the exp.

Did you actually do the math because when I added up the XP for a tier IV TT it was significantly less then the Centrifuge and the Machine also came in with much more XP then working up a ladder. I'll go back and do the math again.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

Thrillhelm #83 Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:51 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36368 battles
  • [VENGA]

When they announced mercenaries, I was expecting tanks from smaller countries (just for example the Bob Semple) or tanks with camo and inscriptions from countries aside from the eleven we have now.

Then they announced the first batch of mercenary tanks which wasn't too terrible at first, but some of these tanks namely the Absolution and The Machine are imbalanced. Then we had the Brick which was laughable, possibly the worst tank you can buy for money, including the truly awful background story of its tank commander.

I could have lived with the Tank Girl hommages or at least some mechanics like the ability to have some merc tanks be crew trainer or the abilty to have tank commanders from the original eleven countries go rogue and become mercenaries.

What annoys me is the fact that a lot of energy and creativity could have gone into fixing the game's various problems and balance issues, instead it added fuel to the fire.

aaapsmoi #84 Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22294 battles
  • [SUOMI]

I think Mercenaries are not destoying the game, but in fact they help you to choose which tanks to use. I for instance have over 100 tanks in my garage and it is often hard to decide which tanks to use, because there are so many lines to grind. When I sign a contract I simultaneously choose a set of tanks to play with. In the end I not only get the reward mercenary tank but have also unlocked several tech tree tanks.

But to be honest, none of the mercenary tanks are interesting "per se". I have over 10 already but hardly ever use them - except if I can use them in some other contract.

STUART SHERMAN #85 Posted 08 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40958 battles
  • [FLT]
Hmmmmmm, maybe a poll? 

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

Knight of Annwn #86 Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:35 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 12905 battles
  • [-OFF-]
Becasue of Mercs I voted with my wallet, for the first time since Beta I have not renewed my premium account, and have not bought anything from the store for 9 months. I wonder what the actual numbers are today for premium account revenue for WG versus 2 years ago?

Somnium somnia quasi semper vives.  - Dream as if you’ll live forever.  Vive quasi hodie -  Live as if you’ll die today.                            

marinefish666 #87 Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:10 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 41651 battles

I am on the Chisal grind and I think it will be the last one for a long while.

I finally have all the reg tech tree X's and don't have to grind any more.

I wont miss it and don't want to sign up for the punishment

Now I can work crews and enjoy the game.

I don't like the cartoon aspect of these tanks and the recent Halloween bastard tanks.

I mean come on, a giant face mask on the front of the tank.

It is just wrong.

They are pandering to the wrong gamers.

I like the concept of parts being mixed and matched but kill the fake [edited]tanks.

We don't need fake missiles on the side of a tank....ever.

Senior Technical Engineer, all reg tanks unlocked! All reg X tanks in garage.

f1mitku #88 Posted 16 November 2019 - 10:07 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47918 battles

The Merc’s contracts have bad contribution:

1) to the game experience as a whole - skewing the played tanks on the battlefield, like the light tanks invasion during the first Tusk contract;

2) to the personal game experience - by pushing the players to play particular tank(s) for far too many battles to fulfill the monstrous amount of XP requirements or the ridiculous medal achievements. Thus make the players frustrated and bored at the same time.

3) the Merc’s idea is bad as a whole. The whole this monstrous, frustrating and boring grind for what... a TT tank?!? While it’s also a times longer than any free Premium Op in the past. The Merc’s should be actual real premiums. And also they should be multi-nation trainers for the nations which tanks were used during their contracts. Maybe only still with a lower XP and silver bonus than the other Premium tanks. 

Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

AskingCupid78 #89 Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46515 battles
They are some of the most stupid things in the game, the whole thing should be dropped.

duc888sps #90 Posted 16 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 24076 battles

The way i see it is this:-

You either grind for them and play WG's game of take it or leave it, or you don't.

I chose leave it.

Knallteufel 777 #91 Posted 16 November 2019 - 07:49 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 38413 battles

Mercenaries are funny tanks. My opinion is this now and they do not destroy the game. The real cause is far behind.
Unfortunately, Wargaming left the historic path at that time. 3 years ago when Nameless and Edelweiss were implemented :hiding: 

On this day the community would have had to say: Stop WG! We do not want fantasy tanks. But the contradiction was too low. There are many players who have no relation to historical tanks. 

CSW652 #92 Posted 16 November 2019 - 08:05 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 50261 battles
The Mercenary tanks are one of the final things that killed the game for me. 

XTc40 #93 Posted 16 November 2019 - 11:13 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9036 battles
IMO Mercenary grinds and requirements are designed to keep you playing.  The effort put in to get the higher tier mercenary tank could be better spent grinding another line. Frustration will come if you want to spend hours games chasing  3 high calibre medals. 

JatemKaa #94 Posted 18 November 2019 - 01:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

Are mercenaries destroying the game? NO. Too many other broken things like RNG and MM and balance have that honor.

The next question you should have asked: Are mercenaries harming the game? YES. But they are not the primary reason the game is dying. It's like the game is a fire burning up its fuel (playerbase numbers) over time until the game only has ashes left. Mercenaries was like throwing lighter fluid unto that already burning fire. It only hastens the downfall to ashes.

Also tagged with Grind, OP, Machine

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users