Chisel contract stage 5: Tips & Tricks on getting spotting assisted damage.

Chisel Contract Stage 5

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

M4ntiX #1 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

Hi all,

Given how many complaints surfaced recently in regards to this particular contract stage, I figured I will give you some pointers how to complete it quickly and painlessly.

If you can, platoon with an artillery buddy and ask him/her to fire on targets you're spotting. This is, by far, the easiest method to complete this challenge. Now, onto the actual pointers.

• You will be doing this in a medium or heavy tank. Play it as such and don't try to pretend you're a light tank. You don't have the speed or camo values for that.

• Take up an aggressive position early on if you can. Some maps allow to push hard and go hull down. Use this to your advantage. If not, be patient and wait for an opportunity to arise.

• If you're spotting targets and are not spotted yourself, do not fire. Let the assisted damage numbers roll.

• Use a tank with the lowest hitpoint pool possible to make the challenge a little bit easier.

• You do not have to get the assisted damage in first minutes of the battle (again, not a light tank!). Take your time, you have 15 minutes to accumulate it and sometimes, when there are few tanks left and lights are dead, it's actually easier to control vision late game and farm assists.

• Invest in equipment and crew skills to fulfill this challenge. I recommend Optics and Vents, 3rd slot is personal preference, I would run Vert. Stabs but you could try passive scouting with Binocs  (it's very map dependant so I don't really recommend it)

• Have your crew trained with Sit. Awareness, Recon, BIA, Designated Target and Call for Vengence (in that order). If you can afford it, you can increase your view range by running food consumable as well.

• American meds seem perfect for this challenge due to their crazy spotting range, but I got it in the Machine, an E5 and a stock Conqueror by being aggressive and front-lining ahead of my team. It all depends on the map and player distribution.

• If you see yolotards who are trying to complete this, don't compete with them. Wait till they die and take over their positions to farm assists later on yourself.

• Watch some videos online (I highly recommend the Turkey Tank) to learn about good spotting locations and general vision control tactics.

• Lastly, be patient. Most players seem to be rushing in sacrificing their tank and failing instantly. Remember, your teammates must be in range to fire at the targets you spot. Rushing in like a headless chicken is pointless. Play aggressively but smart. Have soft or hard cover handy in case you get spotted.

• If a position you're in doesn't work and you're not getting any assists, relocate. Tier VIII Perishing seems ideally suited to this and I recommend using this tank. One, decent spot on a tier X may be enough assisted damage to complete a part of this challenge.

Good luck and good hunting! :)

"I live in reality and let me tell you, there is no one here."

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

yellowbussdad #2 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:31 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9108 battles

Thank you M4ntiX, I appreciate your help!!!

:great:

MaxChaos24 #3 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:36 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13204 battles
  • [WGW]
  • "Invest in equipment and crew skills to fulfill this challenge. I recommend Optics and Vents, 3rd slot is personal preference, I would run Vert. Stabs but you could try passive scouting with Binocs  (it's very map dependant so I don't really recommend it)

• Have your crew trained with Sit. Awareness, Recon and BIA. If you can afford it, you can increase your view range by running food consumable as well."

I would also recommend the crew skills: Designated Target and Call for Vengeance. 

ThermalStone #4 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32710 battles
  • [80085]
Most important tip: Relax and remember we still have 141 days to finish the contract.

I'm not stealing kills, I'm handing out Confederate medals.

M4ntiX #5 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:43 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostMaxChaos24, on 30 August 2019 - 05:36 PM, said:

I would also recommend the crew skills: Designated Target and Call for Vengeance. 

Good point, thanks Max.

While "Call for Vengence" is kind of a desperate, last resort perk, "Designated Target" is very useful. 2 additional seconds of keeping the targets lit is definitely worth it. :great:

x_BAlN_x #6 Posted 30 August 2019 - 05:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 59906 battles
Where are these 15 minute games you speak of?

MASHMAN 90 #7 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:40 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 37011 battles
Nice Thanks, i'll share this elsewhere :)

M4ntiX #8 Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostMASHMAN 90, on 30 August 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

Nice Thanks, i'll share this elsewhere :)

Thank you, Mashman. Hope it helps. :great:

XT356 #9 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 10431 battles
  • [DNTCR]
While the above options are all true, you forgot one major thing that really helps.

Track as many targets as possible. The assisnt isnt just for spots. A major chunk can be had by simply tracking a tank at the most opportune time.

If you do not have platoon mates who can arty for you, TD work really well. One 183mm can almost get you that assisted damage in one shot if you are playing a medium.
“Greatness is a transitory experience. It is never consistent. It depends in part upon the myth-making imagination of humankind. The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in. He must reflect what is projected upon him. And he must have a strong sense of the sardonic. This is what uncouples him from belief in his own pretensions. The sardonic is all that permits him to move within himself. Without this quality, even occasional greatness will destroy a man.”

M4ntiX #10 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:33 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostXT356, on 30 August 2019 - 08:10 PM, said:

While the above options are all true, you forgot one major thing that really helps.

Track as many targets as possible. The assisnt isnt just for spots. A major chunk can be had by simply tracking a tank at the most opportune time.

If you do not have platoon mates who can arty for you, TD work really well. One 183mm can almost get you that assisted damage in one shot if you are playing a medium.

Nah mate, tracking damage doesn't count towards this contract stage. It's solely spotting damage hence no mention of tracking.

USSWISCONSIN94 #11 Posted 30 August 2019 - 08:48 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12169 battles
  • [47R]
So? anyone feel like platooning arty with me? :hiding:

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

M4ntiX #12 Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 30 August 2019 - 08:48 PM, said:

So? anyone feel like platooning arty with me? :hiding:

Yeah, I'll platoon with you. Msg me on Xbox.

USSWISCONSIN94 #13 Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:11 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12169 battles
  • [47R]

View PostM4ntiX, on 30 August 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Yeah, I'll platoon with you. Msg me on Xbox.

Fun. Fusion is with me in a platoon about to test the M60 and Fatton. wanna watch?

nash66 #14 Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8386 battles
Are you streaming?

Szympus1194 #15 Posted 30 August 2019 - 09:42 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24068 battles

I did the most of the spotting with T25 Pilot 1 

This tank really suprised me with mobility and gun handling +390m base view range 

I think this tank + normal tech tree pershing are the best for the job!

nash66 #16 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8386 battles
On stage 4 doing the spotting but I am only getting 500 a battle .....stage 5 will be horrendous ffs

Bibo1GerUk #17 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:30 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27804 battles

View PostM4ntiX, on 30 August 2019 - 09:33 PM, said:

Nah mate, tracking damage doesn't count towards this contract stage. It's solely spotting damage hence no mention of tracking.

While correct, tracking the object of desire will help in getting spotting damage points. In essence, give your team a juicy target to prioritise over others.

My bad, wrong info

Edited by Bibo1GerUk, 31 August 2019 - 02:31 AM.

Remember, it's just a game!

My little Youtube channel aka YeOldeGamer: https://www.youtube....xVCaFCLg/videos

M4ntiX #18 Posted 30 August 2019 - 10:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostBibo1GerUk, on 30 August 2019 - 10:30 PM, said:

While correct, tracking the object of desire will help in getting spotting damage points. In essence, give your team a juicy target to prioritise over others.

Not really. If you track a tank, you will only get tracking assisted damage. That's great for your MOE standing and  does exactly nothing for this Chisel contract.

If you have to fire, deal damage but do not track the target. I cannot reinforce this enough, only spotting assisted damage counts!

Stage 5

• Earn a High Caliber medal in 2 battles
  • Assist with spotting damage totaling at least 1x your maximum health in any number of battles
  • Earn 76,800 or more XP in any number of battles

Play as Caernarvon or any British, American or Mercenary; Medium Tanks or Heavy Tanks; Tiers VIII - X

USSWISCONSIN94 #19 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:26 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12169 battles
  • [47R]
Few hours later platooning with M4 and Fusion and still only 1 part of 8 of it. Lots of fun. Had some "fun" games but overall. Once again WG doesn't understand that doing missions based on SPOTTING ONLY DOESN'T WORK When you have 4+ others on your team trying to do the same goddamn thing. It just doesn't work WG. Pls change this.

M4ntiX #20 Posted 30 August 2019 - 11:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 30 August 2019 - 11:26 PM, said:

Few hours later platooning with M4 and Fusion and still only 1 part of 8 of it. Lots of fun. Had some "fun" games but overall. Once again WG doesn't understand that doing missions based on SPOTTING ONLY DOESN'T WORK When you have 4+ others on your team trying to do the same goddamn thing. It just doesn't work WG. Pls change this.

We can try again tomorrow. I had enough of arty, crap teams, lag, bad RNG and complaining for one sitting.

Besides, after ammo-racking a full health Badger by hitting him with an AP shell from from across the map, I didn't get a shred of hate mail. That's unacceptable.

Playing arty and not getting death threats, is like driving a Ferrari and only getting looks from dudes. Later.

Also tagged with Chisel, Contract, Stage 5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users