Chisel contract stage 5: Tips & Tricks on getting spotting assisted damage.

Chisel Contract Stage 5

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

Very Classy #41 Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32315 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostUSSWISCONSIN94, on 31 August 2019 - 08:59 AM, said:

Fine with that

They better not. I finished Stage 5 last night. :teethhappy:

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

USSWISCONSIN94 #42 Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:06 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12009 battles
  • [47R]

View PostVery Classy, on 31 August 2019 - 09:03 AM, said:

They better not. I finished Stage 5 last night. :teethhappy:

Long as they give people back their spot they were in(and can prove it more importantly) then wouldn't be a problem. but this IS WG and we all know how wonderful they are when it comes to this. Don't we?

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

Gallant Prime #43 Posted 31 August 2019 - 02:59 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 44779 battles
  • [47R]

View PostM4ntiX, on 30 August 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Hi all,

Appreciate the list.  I normally do a lot of those things and keep checking the list to see if I am missing anything.  Here is my result so far:

Posted Image

After I completed the xp, I played the 5/4 a couple games.  

The sad thing is (and the part that pisses me off the most) I can switch to almost any non-contract tank and boom get the spotting amount of the hp.  Also, not a problem picking up high calibers.  

My typical problems are:  I am competing with a light (typically 3) for spotting not to mention the other mediums.  Teams are rolling each other each way, so no chance for spotting.  The team is not shooting what is being spotted--typically because they are getting rolled. 

Great example of the latter was Westfield--I took up the farming/spotting area and held my fire.  Spotted up many targets.  Team didn't do jack as the reds rolled through the valley and destroyed them.  I've been close plenty of times--less than 100 damage away, but then get rushed or artied, set on fire, etc myself. 

On the HC, I think I actually had a guy pull in front of my shot on purpose once--he just went that far out of his way when I was farming several guys.    

I've also tried platooning, but honestly the coordination was lacking. --in part due to mic problems.  I'm not a regular platoon guy though.  I think if WG is going to do a stage requiring platooning, it should just be about doing something while platooning--not a covert platoon stage.  

In any case, I will take a break from it for awhile.  If anyone needs help though, I wouldn't mind pulling out my arty to assist them though.  

animatethant #44 Posted 31 August 2019 - 08:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 79866 battles
going to be a longer than usual stage for me this stage 5.

MicK1ller #45 Posted 31 August 2019 - 09:57 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53798 battles
i know it will be hard...had 2 games in a row I spotted 2 and a T 49 that I spotted got blown up by a team member about 40 meters away.....zero points. again, 

Jungl1st-Souljah #46 Posted 31 August 2019 - 11:09 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 25465 battles
I've done it, took me 75 games, had the xp done ages ago. Mainly used the atomic 

XLilabnerX #47 Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:54 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 62022 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostM4ntiX, on 30 August 2019 - 05:20 PM, said:

Hi all,

Given how many complaints surfaced recently in regards to this particular contract stage, I figured I will give you some pointers how to complete it quickly and painlessly.

As a joke, I wrote this HERE quide a few days ago. It isn't without merit. Platoon with an artillery buddy and ask him/her to fire on targets you're spotting. This is, by far, the easiest method to complete this challenge. Now, onto the actual pointers.

• You will be doing this in a medium or heavy tank. Play it as such and don't try to pretend you're a light tank. You don't have the speed or camo values for that.

• Take up an aggressive position early on if you can. Some maps allow to push hard and go hull down. Use this to your advantage. If not, be patient and wait for an opportunity to arise.

• If you're spotting targets and are not spotted yourself, do not fire. Let the assisted damage numbers roll.

• Use a tank with the lowest hitpoint pool possible to make the challenge a little bit easier.

• You do not have to get the assisted damage in first minutes of the battle (again, not a light tank!). Take your time, you have 15 minutes to accumulate it and sometimes, when there are few tanks left and lights are dead, it's actually easier to control vision late game and farm assists.

• Invest in equipment and crew skills to fulfill this challenge. I recommend Optics and Vents, 3rd slot is personal preference, I would run Vert. Stabs but you could try passive scouting with Binocs  (it's very map dependant so I don't really recommend it)

• Have your crew trained with Sit. Awareness, Recon, BIA, Designated Target and Call for Vengence (in that order). If you can afford it, you can increase your view range by running food consumable as well.

• American meds seem perfect for this challenge due to their crazy spotting range, but I got it in the Machine, an E5 and a stock Conqueror by being aggressive and front-lining ahead of my team. It all depends on the map and player distribution.

• If you see yolotards who are trying to complete this, don't compete with them. Wait till they die and take over their positions to farm assists later on yourself.

• Watch some videos online (I highly recommend the Turkey Tank) to learn about good spotting locations and general vision control tactics.

• Lastly, be patient. Most players seem to be rushing in sacrificing their tank and failing instantly. Remember, your teammates must be in range to fire at the targets you spot. Rushing in like a headless chicken is pointless. Play aggressively but smart. Have hard or soft cover handy in case you get spotted.

• If a position you're in doesn't work and you're not getting any assists, relocate. Tier VIII Perishing seems ideally suited to this and I recommend using this tank. One, decent spot on a tier X may be enough assisted damage to complete a part of this challenge.

Good luck and good hunting! :)

So clan members platoon up, to help on Chisel. To this point with no arty I get 2 assisted, and thinking great.

Clan mates join up....... Yep you guessed 9 games in a row ALL CITY, mates give up on ghost town when every red tank tucks in affording the arty's 2 shotguns . WG BLEEP YOU. No WG BLEEP YOU . They went other games and said they were purposely spending money there, so WG BLEEP YOU.

Edited by XLilabnerX, 01 September 2019 - 02:49 PM.

M4ntiX #48 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:53 AM

Major

• Players
  • 28838 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostXLilabnerX, on 01 September 2019 - 01:54 AM, said:

So clan members platoon up, to help on Chisel. To this point with no arty I get 2 assisted, and thinking great.

Clan mates join up....... Yep you guessed 9 games in a row ALL CITY, mates give up on ghost town when every red tank tucks in affording the arty's 2 shotguns . BLEEP YOU. No BLEEP YOU . They went other games and said they were purposely spending money there, so BLEEP YOU.

LOL. Ok mate. Let me just add for the additional BLEEP factor that I have completed 6/8 spotting challenges playing SOLO. BLEEP this. ;)

Not to worry, just hang in there and you will soon BLEEP this stage.

"For some reason you feel the need to troll stink bomb a statement of fact."

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

Tempest fox3 #49 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20715 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostLandrewCarlson, on 31 August 2019 - 01:57 PM, said:

I'm surprised WG did this again after promising NOT to do it after all the hate they received on the Sharpshooter contract. The selection of Tier 8s tanks for the Op are just not competitive to get the spotting or high caliber; Again WG has designed an Op that frustrates and is not FUN.

We may have to do what we did to get the Sharpshooter, play in the middle of the night EU time on the EU server and get a 6 v 6 battle.....

I used the Vengeance (T25 Pilot) to get most of spotting done. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

x_BAlN_x #50 Posted 01 September 2019 - 12:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 58814 battles
If WG would put Prok back into the map rotation that would help tremendously.

pipbrownie #51 Posted 01 September 2019 - 01:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 26353 battles
  • [RIPMF]

View Postx_BAlN_x, on 01 September 2019 - 12:46 PM, said:

If WG would put Prok back into the map rotation that would help tremendously.

Exactly.  As soon as this contract started that map disappeared. It almost seems like stage 5 was meant to be a money grab with stupid requirements and bad map rotation but per usual WGCB competency level they forgot to make it skippable with gold.  

XLilabnerX #52 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 62022 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostM4ntiX, on 01 September 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

LOL. Ok mate. Let me just add for the additional BLEEP factor that I have completed 6/8 spotting challenges playing SOLO. BLEEP this. ;)

Not to worry, just hang in there and you will soon BLEEP this stage.

ok I screwed up the "BLEEP's" were supposed be preceded by WG so I am sorry. I have played for 5 + years and never had that many city maps in a row.

You know what I am gonna wear my tin foil and re-double my efforts to convince players to quit the game, and because of yesterday I am spending all day Sunday " seal clubbing" newbie's. Maybe even Monday holiday.

Edit p.s. First game Province map Sexton out 4 kills, 3 more reduced to sliver of health. 1 guy just sat there in his medium.

P.s.s. Second game in Absolution, 3 kills .... 1399 dmg.... 643 assisted, one poor newbie ran over in his m4 as I was killing his platoon mate. I shot the m4 once and then rammed him to death as he bounced round after round. I blocked 1855.  

Edited by XLilabnerX, 01 September 2019 - 03:16 PM.

Spartan2511 #53 Posted 01 September 2019 - 02:39 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12275 battles

View PostThermalStone, on 30 August 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

Most important tip: Relax and remember we still have 141 days to finish the contract.

Begrudgingly I have given myself 40-50 days to get stage 5. The rest of the stages are just a mindless grind that I can get with daily doubles.

Im already easily 150K XP over stage 5 trying to get the spots. I got none for 10 hours then 4 within 2 hours. Its mainly a whole lot of luck. About 1 in every 20 games align to create the perfect scenario to potentially get the spots. Then its all decided by team behavior and a bunch of other factors within that game.

Im slowly going broke running rations to give myself all the edge I can. My garage is a chop shop at the moment stripping tanks, robbing peter to paul to feed my crews.

Edited by Spartan2511, 01 September 2019 - 02:40 PM.

LandrewCarlson #54 Posted 01 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 34287 battles
  • [SKB]

Seven hours this morning trying for either high Caliber or spotted damage..... Hateful thoughts all morning aimed at WG management for letting this op get out....

CarlitosWay1971 #55 Posted 01 September 2019 - 04:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 16303 battles
Hi guys. I will not be taking part in the chisel. But i am very willing to help those of you that are. I may not be great but given the right situation i can help the team win. I have several vehicles in my garage that are there to help you rack up your assisted damage. If you spot them for me i will do all i can to to hit them. RNG permitting. Hope to see you in battle soon. Remember i,m there to assist you. 

marinefish666 #56 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:31 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 40950 battles

I am going to try with the Patton KR

I have a 17 skills but never thought of Call of Vengeance.

I also have a bunch of COLA that I never use.

The other will be the Trinity but only 5 skills so a chance to train the crew.

Senior Technical Engineer, all tanks unlocked!

TransparentBlue #57 Posted 01 September 2019 - 10:12 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13392 battles
Getting spotting doesn't have to be difficult, even in a heavy tank.  

Haven't done this contract but I've gotten huge spotting games with the T110E5 and a crew with only Sixth Sense.

Choose an undefended flank, take a covered forward position and stay alive as you call for fire.  Nobody says you can't shoot them, too.  

Sadriel Fett #58 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:33 PM

Major

• Supertest - Xbox One
  • 27806 battles
  • [A4C]

View PostGallant Prime, on 31 August 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

Appreciate the list.  I normally do a lot of those things and keep checking the list to see if I am missing anything.  Here is my result so far:

Posted Image

After I completed the xp, I played the 5/4 a couple games.  

The sad thing is (and the part that pisses me off the most) I can switch to almost any non-contract tank and boom get the spotting amount of the hp.  Also, not a problem picking up high calibers.  

My typical problems are:  I am competing with a light (typically 3) for spotting not to mention the other mediums.  Teams are rolling each other each way, so no chance for spotting.  The team is not shooting what is being spotted--typically because they are getting rolled. 

Great example of the latter was Westfield--I took up the farming/spotting area and held my fire.  Spotted up many targets.  Team didn't do jack as the reds rolled through the valley and destroyed them.  I've been close plenty of times--less than 100 damage away, but then get rushed or artied, set on fire, etc myself. 

On the HC, I think I actually had a guy pull in front of my shot on purpose once--he just went that far out of his way when I was farming several guys.    

I've also tried platooning, but honestly the coordination was lacking. --in part due to mic problems.  I'm not a regular platoon guy though.  I think if WG is going to do a stage requiring platooning, it should just be about doing something while platooning--not a covert platoon stage.  

In any case, I will take a break from it for awhile.  If anyone needs help though, I wouldn't mind pulling out my arty to assist them though.  

I think the trick is playing the game how the Dev's want you to play the game, not how it should be played or how it's normally played by people who actually play the game.  I ended up switching to the EU server last night, since that server is always "camp central."  I ended up getting 5 of the required spots in a little over an hour.  I used my Tier 8's that had the lowest hit points, M46 Korean Ripper, Vengeance, and M46 Deathstalker.  I ended up taking off my Rammer, Vents, and V-Stab and replaced them with a Camo Net, Optics and Binocs.  I ran with food consumables to help boost Vision and Camo and to help offset the loss of my regular set up.  Find a position midway to the front lines and sit there while your teammates are torn apart.  Don't fire a shot, or it'll give your position away.  It's okay to let them die, because you're getting all those assisted damage points and playing the game the way the Devs want you to play it, apparently.  I know, it's completely underhanded and a crappy way to play, but it works and you can get those points pretty quick.  

Afterwards, a few of us watching Darr's stream ended up platooned up in Arty to help a couple of those folks get some of their spotted assist damage in our Tier 8's.  Even with our help, I think they only ended up with a couple each.  So, you can farm the points that way, as well.  It's just not as quick.  I've found what works quicker for me was going at it solo and playing the crappy "Dev's way" to play the game.  Don't know if that helps or not, but good luck either way, dude.

~ "This game would be great, if it wasn't for our teammates." ~

~ There's no such thing as Arty Safe. You have to play Arty Aware. You have to play SmArty. ~

USSWISCONSIN94 #59 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12009 battles
  • [47R]
Well M4ntis. no longer have to get the OP done as i am done with it. So no more playing arty for ya. :trollface:

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

golinari #60 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 34848 battles
  • [LVGR]
I think it's better for WG to change the spotting to just regular assisted damage ....
I'm giving myself 7-10 days to complete that stage....then I'm gonna erase that game....that game was the only reason I bought the Xbox ....

Also tagged with Chisel, Contract, Stage 5

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users