Tank reverse bug?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

DemiGodesss #1 Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12490 battles

I've been experiencing some weird behaviour since the last update.

Namely, when I try to reverse, the tank seems to get stuck. To get it to move again, I need to release the left  stick and pull down on it again. Unfortunately this has cost me some hefty health points and even getting killed a few times.

I initially shrugged it off as just being lag. But when I have lag, the tanks moves the way I want, it's just that I see it later. But here, the tank actually stops when reversing. 

I also tried changing controllers, with the same result.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

MEAT4272 #2 Posted 01 September 2019 - 11:09 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 6595 battles
Look in the ingame options and make sure the update didn't change or reset any of your control settings.

AceCombatter #3 Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:29 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 52343 battles
Its not a options setting.  I've been experiencing the same thing, but I think its been longer than the last update.  I thought it was my controller.  Its good to know someone else see it.  ou cant back up from a standstill, you have to go forward a bit and then back up.  Your right, it can get you killed....  Please let me know if you find a solution.

TennisMan56 #4 Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:46 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31739 battles
  • [STDZ]
I had the same thing after update, even busted a controller. Go to options tab and reset even if it looks as if nothing changed. It did. I reset then adjusted back to my settings and have had no problems.

FriendlySleet66 #5 Posted 27 November 2019 - 02:11 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21188 battles
  • [ENGUS]

Having the same issue.

At times when in battle, when pressing the left thumbstick back the tank does not reserve.   I cannot say that I recall this problem before the 4.12 update, but I have noticed it around 10 times since the Tuesday update.   It has certainly happened numerous times while playing the Emil II and at least once while playing the Centurion 7/1.  I would doubt that the tank matters.

I just did a reset to "Default" in the Controls option menu.  Will see if I witness this issue again.

BRONXBINO2 #6 Posted 27 November 2019 - 06:40 PM

Private

• Players
  • 33301 battles
Yes, after the update I am having the same issues when reversing my tanks. So far with the tier 10 patton, and the tier 10 T57 heavy. The setting were changed, and I put them to where I like, and I still had issues reversing. Very hesitant tank response when trying. Any fix for this???

BRONXBINO2 #7 Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:31 PM

Private

• Players
  • 33301 battles
Ok, I think I figured out why this is happening. I like to use the D-Pad cruise control option. But now I do not see forward cruise, but down D-pad states, cruise control. You used to be able to click up for forward cruise , and down D-pad for reverse cruise. This lead me to use the other option where the D-pad does state up for forward cruise and down for reverse cruise. Problem is, the L-Stick is also active as the brake, when pushing down on the stick. Well, sometimes when shooting and reversing with the left stick, you may inadvertently push down on the stick, causing a brake action. This never happened before and it needs to be fixed ASAP These damn updates are not helping

FriendlySleet66 #8 Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:32 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 21188 battles
  • [ENGUS]

Ok,  that makes sense as I use (at least after 4.12) the "Handbrake Click" controller config also.  I switched to that one from the default after 4.12 as the default config has a left thumbstick press turning on cruise control which I inadvertently did all the time years back.  

So did the "Handbrake Click" controller config change recently?  I never had this problem before.  I do not know the config I used before except I know that up D-Pad was for cruise control and "A" button was for switch ammo type.  "Handbrake click" config is the only config that has those two buttons mapped as I used to use them.  

Now the "D-Pad Cruise Control" config (which I assume is the one that I used before based on the name) has the down D-Pad to turn on cruise control, and I know I have always used the up D-Pad for this in the config that I used.

This guy noticed the same thing (kind of): http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/239194-world-of-tanks-mercenaries-update-412-bug-fixes-feedback-post/page__pid__4893784#entry4893784.  I think he is stating that the cruise control changed in the "D-Pad Cruise Control" config.

This is related also: http://forum-console.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/239205-d-pad-cruise-control-missing-mapped-up-on-keypad/

I do not see any 4.12 patch notes that talk about a change here, but I know something has changed.

Edited by FriendlySleet66, 27 November 2019 - 08:38 PM.

MaxChaos24 #9 Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13293 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostDemiGodesss, on 01 September 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

I've been experiencing some weird behaviour since the last update.

Namely, when I try to reverse, the tank seems to get stuck. To get it to move again, I need to release the left  stick and pull down on it again. Unfortunately this has cost me some hefty health points and even getting killed a few times.

I initially shrugged it off as just being lag. But when I have lag, the tanks moves the way I want, it's just that I see it later. But here, the tank actually stops when reversing. 

I also tried changing controllers, with the same result.

Anyone else encounter this issue?

View PostAceCombatter, on 05 September 2019 - 09:29 PM, said:

Its not a options setting.  I've been experiencing the same thing, but I think its been longer than the last update.  I thought it was my controller.  Its good to know someone else see it.  ou cant back up from a standstill, you have to go forward a bit and then back up.  Your right, it can get you killed....  Please let me know if you find a solution.

View PostTennisMan56, on 06 September 2019 - 09:46 AM, said:

I had the same thing after update, even busted a controller. Go to options tab and reset even if it looks as if nothing changed. It did. I reset then adjusted back to my settings and have had no problems.

View PostFriendlySleet66, on 27 November 2019 - 09:11 AM, said:

Having the same issue.

At times when in battle, when pressing the left thumbstick back the tank does not reserve.   I cannot say that I recall this problem before the 4.12 update, but I have noticed it around 10 times since the Tuesday update.   It has certainly happened numerous times while playing the Emil II and at least once while playing the Centurion 7/1.  I would doubt that the tank matters.

I just did a reset to "Default" in the Controls option menu.  Will see if I witness this issue again.

View PostBRONXBINO2, on 27 November 2019 - 01:40 PM, said:

Yes, after the update I am having the same issues when reversing my tanks. So far with the tier 10 patton, and the tier 10 T57 heavy. The setting were changed, and I put them to where I like, and I still had issues reversing. Very hesitant tank response when trying. Any fix for this???

Hello, what Control scheme are you using where you are experiencing issues?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users