Is it better to survive or give lots of damage?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

deadmeat1027 #21 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostKillDozer33, on 09 September 2019 - 09:43 AM, said:

Wow that sucks for those tanks you grind/buy that are firmly stuck in the support role making them even harder to like. This makes you hate playing them even more, once again WG logic,:amazed:

That's what I thought too. Good luck with your high camo no armor td at 200 m or less. If you are playing the way it is best able to help support the team you get a penalty to the max xp you can earn.

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBOX, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBOX only community. www.porkchopplatoon.com

Stahlbrezel #22 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26717 battles
when i see those Objects, ISes, Mäuschens and Types, camping and sniping instead of doing their job, i can hardly deny wishing much bigger bonuses for close combatants.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta... ~ Aesop

KillDozer33 #23 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:55 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5565 battles

View PostStahlbrezel, on 09 September 2019 - 03:13 PM, said:

when i see those Objects, ISes, Mäuschens and Types, camping and sniping instead of doing their job, i can hardly deny wishing much bigger bonuses for close combatants.

Good point but I doubt anyone doing that knows what we're talking about here, Hell I just found out myself. WG could do a vid a few of them might see!?:unsure:

deadmeat1027 #24 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:58 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostStahlbrezel, on 09 September 2019 - 10:13 AM, said:

I agree with that, but give a toaster or borsig the xp bonus when they are doing what they should be doing. They just aren't made to be in close like the heavies.

If you are over 25 years old, play on the XBOX, and are tired of running solo in MP games, you are welcome to stop by and check out Pork Chop Platoon - an over 25 XBOX only community. www.porkchopplatoon.com

JelliedPenny08 #25 Posted 09 September 2019 - 03:59 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15558 battles

View PostStahlbrezel, on 09 September 2019 - 01:15 PM, said:

Thanx for the effort JelliedPenny... i believe these  are figures from the PC. I've seen the same table at their forum as well.

Do you know if console is makeing the same  calculations?

No worries!

Yes they are console figures direct from WG in July 2014 (not Max but from LadyO). Specific to 360, not PC. 

Original thread here :- http://forum-console...274#entry651274

JelliedPenny08 #26 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15558 battles

View PostLadyObscura WGA, on 07 July 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

The following info has been confirmed as accurate for World of Tanks: Xbox 360 Edition.  Hope it helps provide some insight!

Action

XP awarded?

Silvers awarded?

Joining a battle

No

Fixed amount scaling with tank tier

Spotting an enemy tank for the first time

Small flat bonus per detected tank, 2.5X per detected SPG

Small flat bonus per detected tank, double per detected SPG

Damaging enemies that are not lit up at all

All damage counts, whether caused by direct hits, splash damage, ramming, fire or ammo-rack explosion.

All damage counts, whether caused by direct hits, splash damage, ramming, fire or ammo-rack explosion.

Inflicting critical (module/crew) damage

This means destroying an enemy tank's module (only damaging it is not enough), or killing a crew member.

Small bonus depending on the tier of the target compared to yours, whether caused by direct hits, splash damage, ramming, fire or ammo-rack explosion.

Light tanks receive a bonus for critical damage inflicted to heavy tanks.

No

Killing shot

Small bonus modified by the tier of the killed enemy compared to yours

No

Close combat bonus

Damaging enemy tanks at under 200m range gives a very small bonus

No

Completed base capture

Flat bonus

Flat amount paid to everyone who is in the capture circle at the moment of completed base capture, independent of individual contribution

Disabling an enemy vehicle (killing complete crew)

Same reward as inflicting damage for the remaining hitpoints

Same reward as inflicting damage for the remaining hitpoints

Damage done to targets you are spotting, by team members who are not spotting them themselves

50% of what the team member doing the damage would earn if he spotted the target himself, divided by the number of team members spotting the target.

50% of what the team member doing the damage would earn if he spotted the target himself, divided by the number of team members spotting the target.

Victory

Coefficient of 1.5

The "Joining a battle" reward is multiplied by 1.85. No bonus to other rewards earned during the battle.

Courageous Resistance

(Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements on a loss)

When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will receive the same experience bonus as the victorious team. Coefficient of 1.5.

When your team is defeated but you get one of the Battle Hero, Epic or Platoon achievements, you will receive the same credit bonus as the victorious team. The "Joining a battle" reward is multiplied by 1.85.

Team performance factor

Coefficient based on the total damage inflicted to the enemy team by your team

No

Survival

Small flat bonus (Victory only; no xp allotted on a draw/defeat)

No

Loss

No

No

Draw

No

No

Tank specific balancing factor

Tank specific coefficient, assumed to be 1 for all tanks

Tank specific coefficient, generally higher for premium tanks

Active premium account

Coefficient of 1.5

Coefficient of 1.5

First daily victory with the vehicle

Coefficient of 2

No

Team Damage inflicted

Small penalty, supposedly twice the amount of XP you would receive for causing the same amount of damage to the enemy.

Penalty to an amount of four times the repair costs required to fix the damage that was inflicted, limited by the total amount earned during battle.

Team Damage received

None.

Half the repair costs required to fix the damage or a quarter of the penalty paid by the player(s) who caused the team damage, whichever is lower.

KillDozer33 #27 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:01 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 5565 battles

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 09 September 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

That's what I thought too. Good luck with your high camo no armor td at 200 m or less. If you are playing the way it is best able to help support the team you get a penalty to the max xp you can earn.

Just did the Ikv 103 which perfectly proves that, ended up chasing stragglers late game to grind it out instead,did not buy the next tank.:facepalm:

Thrillhelm #28 Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:10 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33889 battles
  • [VENGA]
If you take your hitpoints back to the garage then you do not help your team, it's better to deal as much damage as possible. Or at least play aggressively when no one else does. Had the annoying Thiepval Grat Weather map and the FV215b (famous for spotting) went for 6500 spotting damage because no one else dared to go.

JelliedPenny08 #29 Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15558 battles

View Postdeadmeat1027, on 09 September 2019 - 03:09 PM, said:

I know what you mean, but they were designed to be balanced that way. If you think about it TDs very rarely have to worry about pen and deal more damage than other classes. A brawling heavy may have to bait shots, time when to pop out to fire during an opponent's reload. A support tank can more often keep the gun singing as long as a target is in front of them as they often aren't an immediate target in return. Many also have faster firing guns. 

I daresay the xp required through grinds is probably tailored to suit too and things like damage standing would only be against others driving the same tank with the same xp earning potential. So overall I don't think that support tanks lose out. As you point out though, camping sniping heavies probably do lose out as they wouldn't normally be expected to be doing that. Just a guess though...

:)

Edited by JelliedPenny08, 09 September 2019 - 09:39 PM.

deadmeat1027 #30 Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:13 PM

Staff sergeant

• Beta Tester
  • 16613 battles
  • [PCP]

View PostJelliedPenny08, on 09 September 2019 - 04:38 PM, said:

I know what you mean, but they were designed to be balanced that way. If you think about it TDs very rarely have to worry about pen and deal more damage than other classes. A brawling heavy may have to bait shots, time when to pop out to fire during an opponent's reload. A support tank can more often keep the gun singing as long as a target is in front of them as they often aren't an immediate target in return. Many also have faster firing guns. 

I daresay the xp required through grinds is probably tailored to suit too and things like damage standing would only be against others driving the same tank with the same xp earning potential. So overall I don't think that support tanks lose out. As you point out though, camping sniping heavies probably do lose out as they wouldn't normally be expected to be doing that. Just a guess though...

:)

That's a fair point and it's never been anything I have missed out on. I just find this whole thing surprising, after five years you think you know how things work lol. next thing you know they will tell us you can zoom in to shoot ;)

steelheadclan #31 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:56 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15076 battles
  • [REAL]

Kill!

Hurt!

Crush!

Humiliate!

And when it’s your time to die go out swinging!

Orbtastic1 #32 Posted 12 September 2019 - 10:43 AM

Major

• Players
  • 41151 battles
  • [UK]

I'm assuming you're talking about a win?

I still think they should penalise base campers that literally do nothing all game (but move maybe 5m) and survive. I was in a light and we lost with 4 of them surviving and just me left. There was no way I could win so I tried to get as much dmg as I could. Kept outspotting a Jageroo on their cap and trying to feather a shot in but only got one pen as he was hiding his lower plate.

So timer runs out and we lose. I come top and he comes bottom on his team with zero dmg and zero assisted. Who gets more XP?

Stahlbrezel #33 Posted 12 September 2019 - 11:43 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26717 battles
Probably a rhetorical question... if u didn't receive some "courages resistance medal" likely he could. A win is hard to counter... XP-wise in a loss

Edited by Stahlbrezel, 12 September 2019 - 11:43 AM.

Hic Rhodus, hic salta... ~ Aesop

wake_the_move #34 Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:31 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8517 battles
The answer is to combine both. Surviving and dealing at least considerable damage, and/or assist in dealing damage by keeping enemies visible for targeting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users