Potato (Valley) Giveaways (w. commentary)

subtitles giveaways potatoes commentary

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Rubbelito #1 Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:51 AM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 24803 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

I believe it's time for another giveaway, but this time I have no particular reason. I hope it's ok anyway. :P

I also made a small effort to create proper subtitles for the commentary since I know we have members in the community that are a bit low on the hearing side, but I really have no idea whether this is desired or even needed due to the auto-transcript on Youtube, so please let me know if it's appreciated.

Giveaway has ended!

I put Winners video at bottom of this post!
Thank you! :honoring:

Premium tanks on the line this time are as follows (one of each):

• Warlord Panther
  • Yazi
  • Vindicator Charioteer

Sign-up is open until Sunday 15th (15:00 UTC)

As always, if you want to participate you need to go to YouTube (further instructions  in the video):

https://youtu.be/knYTGFDsjck

But if you're just here for the gameplay, click Play:

Good luck and thanks for the support! :honoring:

Edit:

Presenting the Winners video:

https://youtu.be/zkg-iSwY77w

Edited by Rubbelito, 15 September 2019 - 03:44 PM.

gurkha_arg #2 Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19547 battles
  • [-BAT-]
stop using the conqueror I watch your videos and I feel like having one but I don't have time to  grind I'ms if I have one I wouldn't use it as well as you.
good video

EpilepticOctopus #3 Posted 10 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 18812 battles
  • [FIFTH]
Nice game. One day I might play mine as good! !

Rubbelito #4 Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:28 PM

Major

• 24803 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View Postgurkha_arg, on 10 September 2019 - 03:23 PM, said:

stop using the conqueror I watch your videos and I feel like having one but I don't have time to  grind I'ms if I have one I wouldn't use it as well as you.
good video

Sorry, it's the **** contract. :P

View PostEpilepticOctopus, on 10 September 2019 - 04:08 PM, said:

Nice game. One day I might play mine as good! !

I'm positive you will.

The difficult part in that game really is just to get the teams that comply. Keeping the tank hull down like that is fairly easy if they let you. :)

USSWISCONSIN94 #5 Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 12185 battles
  • [47R]
WG. Can you pls remove this map or at least change the valley so it connects the mid area and valley or something pls? This map is so goddamn trash.

http://www.wotinfo.n...N94&server=xbox

youtube.com/channel/UCkXtmp3Ikozzl-K73GuxxNQ

Will WG ever have WoT offline like they promised?

TocFanKe4 #6 Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21077 battles
  • [GIRLS]
No matter the final result, I still say you went the wrong way.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Rubbelito #7 Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:30 PM

Major

• 24803 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 September 2019 - 07:31 PM, said:

No matter the final result, I still say you went the wrong way.

Obviously. :hiding:

TocFanKe4 #8 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21077 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostRubbelito, on 10 September 2019 - 01:30 PM, said:

Obviously. :hiding:

You may have personally gotten a really good game, but your team was very exposed. You won mainly because their team was incredibly stupid. You probably would have won a lot bigger blowout if you went town. There was a chance you could have lost all the way to the very end. 

That said, you also benefited from no arty. That's about the only time it's ok to go that way, and even then it's iffy

Chr15py #9 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:44 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15426 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 10 September 2019 - 11:51 AM, said:

I believe it's time for another giveaway, but this time I have no particular reason. I hope it's ok anyway. :P

I also made a small effort to create proper subtitles for the commentary since I know we have members in the community that are a bit low on the hearing side, but I really have no idea whether this is desired or even needed due to the auto-transcript on Youtube, so please let me know if it's appreciated.

Premium tanks on the line this time are as follows (one of each):

• Warlord Panther
  • Yazi
  • Vindicator Charioteer

Sign-up is open until Sunday 15th (15:00 UTC)

As always, if you want to participate you need to go to YouTube (further instructions  in the video):

https://youtu.be/knYTGFDsjck

But if you're just here for the gameplay, click Play:

Good luck and thanks for the support! :honoring:

was a good video. Also the voice was funny :teethhappy:

chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

Potato QQ #10 Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:51 PM

Major

• Players
  • 22603 battles

Most people don't understand that the Valley is supposed to be protected from the enemy just steam rolling in for a easy victory. 

Most of your team is supposed to go to the city and push while the Valley is held back.

TocFanKe4 #11 Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21077 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostPotato QQ, on 10 September 2019 - 04:51 PM, said:

Most people don't understand that the Valley is supposed to be protected from the enemy just steam rolling in for a easy victory. 

Most of your team is supposed to go to the city and push while the Valley is held back.

I agree with that. Usually arty makes the valley a graveyard. 

Rubbelito #12 Posted 11 September 2019 - 05:03 AM

Major

• 24803 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostTocFanKe4, on 10 September 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

You may have personally gotten a really good game, but your team was very exposed. You won mainly because their team was incredibly stupid. You probably would have won a lot bigger blowout if you went town. There was a chance you could have lost all the way to the very end. 

That said, you also benefited from no arty. That's about the only time it's ok to go that way, and even then it's iffy

First of all, had I not gone valley in this particular battle, I see a larger likelihood for a loss. They would've taken the valley and it would've been a race that I think our team would've struggled with.

Secondly, we won because a smaller number of us kept a larger number of reds at bay, so that we could (also) win town due to a numerous advantage there (even tho they did struggle a bit..lol).

Thirdly, the fact that there were no arty was the only reason I went. I'm even saying that in the vid.

TocFanKe4 #13 Posted 11 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21077 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostRubbelito, on 11 September 2019 - 12:03 AM, said:

First of all, had I not gone valley in this particular battle, I see a larger likelihood for a loss. They would've taken the valley and it would've been a race that I think our team would've struggled with.

Secondly, we won because a smaller number of us kept a larger number of reds at bay, so that we could (also) win town due to a numerous advantage there (even tho they did struggle a bit..lol).

Thirdly, the fact that there were no arty was the only reason I went. I'm even saying that in the vid.

I couldn't hear. I could only see. I stand by what I said

Everyone has an opinion. I say what I think. You don't have to agree.

JediAL78 #14 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19205 battles

View PostTocFanKe4, on 11 September 2019 - 06:39 AM, said:

I couldn't hear. I could only see. I stand by what I said

Everyone has an opinion. I say what I think. You don't have to agree.

I agree that normally the Valley is a death trap and should be avoided, however, I also agree with Rub that when playing something like the Conqueror and with No arty (that's the key bit) the valley is a viable option. If Rub hadn't have gone valley I believe they would have lost the game due to the amount of reds trying to push the valley and only being held back by the firepower of the Conqueror.

I've done it myself in the Atomic, held off 6 - 7 reds alone (again no arty), I could do it due to the strength of the turret and the reds unwillingness to rush me.

In both situations (mine and Rubs) if the reds had rushed then the outcome would have been different, but, in every battle the outcome isn't guaranteed and I believe that in this particular scenario Rub did exactly the right thing, went to the right location, with the right tank and got the right outcome, played to the tanks strengths.

List of tanks I have in Garage

Spoiler

Focus anybody #15 Posted 11 September 2019 - 08:48 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28268 battles
  • [CRPT]
nice video but what's with the computer voice lol.

Rubbelito #16 Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:47 AM

Major

• 24803 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostOld mane swag, on 11 September 2019 - 10:48 AM, said:

nice video but what's with the computer voice lol.

Well, that question has many answers...lol

Mainly it's because I'm a terrible narrator, but also that my audio equipment is deficient, which makes it even worse.

The TTS (Text-To-Speech) software gives me near perfect audio quality every time without any re-takes necessary, and also forces me to actually write a script, which in turn makes what is being sad much more thought out (I hope).

Hope that answers your question? :)

Some people have thought that that's actually my voice, so it can't be that bad I guess... can it? lol

JediAL78 #17 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19205 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 11 September 2019 - 10:47 AM, said:

Well, that question has many answers...lol

Mainly it's because I'm a terrible narrator, but also that my audio equipment is deficient, which makes it even worse.

The TTS (Text-To-Speech) software gives me near perfect audio quality every time without any re-takes necessary, and also forces me to actually write a script, which in turn makes what is being sad much more thought out (I hope).

Hope that answers your question? :)

Some people have thought that that's actually my voice, so it can't be that bad I guess... can it? lol

I must admit I wondered what was up with the TTS audio. Nothing wrong with it, maybe try the next one with your voice, adds more of a human touch to it, and, as you've said you have to write a script for it, so, should be ok. Might be worth trying. :great:

Spoiler

Rubbelito #18 Posted 11 September 2019 - 12:35 PM

Major

• 24803 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

View PostJediAL78, on 11 September 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I must admit I wondered what was up with the TTS audio. Nothing wrong with it, maybe try the next one with your voice, adds more of a human touch to it, and, as you've said you have to write a script for it, so, should be ok. Might be worth trying. :great:

I have tried it. :unsure:

If you dig deep enough in my library, you'll find  it...lol

JediAL78 #19 Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:18 AM

Major

• Players
  • 19205 battles

View PostRubbelito, on 11 September 2019 - 12:35 PM, said:

I have tried it. :unsure:

If you dig deep enough in my library, you'll find  it...lol

I'll dig.... and report back on my thoughts. :great:

Spoiler

motor sw #20 Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14744 battles
  • [STRV]

View PostJediAL78, on 11 September 2019 - 09:28 AM, said:

I agree that normally the Valley is a death trap and should be avoided, however, I also agree with Rub that when playing something like the Conqueror and with No arty (that's the key bit) the valley is a viable option. If Rub hadn't have gone valley I believe they would have lost the game due to the amount of reds trying to push the valley and only being held back by the firepower of the Conqueror.

I've done it myself in the Atomic, held off 6 - 7 reds alone (again no arty), I could do it due to the strength of the turret and the reds unwillingness to rush me.

In both situations (mine and Rubs) if the reds had rushed then the outcome would have been different, but, in every battle the outcome isn't guaranteed and I believe that in this particular scenario Rub did exactly the right thing, went to the right location, with the right tank and got the right outcome, played to the tanks strengths.

I agree with this. These are ideal circumstances for going valley. Someone has to hold the valley, might as well be someone whose tank is suited for it. So GG @ OP :great:

Also tagged with subtitles, giveaways, potatoes, commentary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users