Potato (Valley) Giveaways (w. commentary)

subtitles giveaways potatoes commentary

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

STUART SHERMAN #21 Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 40958 battles
  • [FLT]

View PostJediAL78, on 11 September 2019 - 03:28 AM, said:

I agree that normally the Valley is a death trap and should be avoided, however, I also agree with Rub that when playing something like the Conqueror and with No arty (that's the key bit) the valley is a viable option. If Rub hadn't have gone valley I believe they would have lost the game due to the amount of reds trying to push the valley and only being held back by the firepower of the Conqueror.

I've done it myself in the Atomic, held off 6 - 7 reds alone (again no arty), I could do it due to the strength of the turret and the reds unwillingness to rush me.

In both situations (mine and Rubs) if the reds had rushed then the outcome would have been different, but, in every battle the outcome isn't guaranteed and I believe that in this particular scenario Rub did exactly the right thing, went to the right location, with the right tank and got the right outcome, played to the tanks strengths.

Totally agree with this but it all comes down to the Reds’ unwillingness to attack when they have the numbers on their side. If they had going there probably becomes a bad decision pretty quickly.

In the end this was a very entertaining vid and is textbook on hull down fighting combined with patience. 

GG Rub. :great:

"Stop it with all the negative waves..."    Oddball

TocFanKe4 #22 Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:35 PM

Major

• Players
  • 21077 battles
  • [GIRLS]

View PostJediAL78, on 11 September 2019 - 03:28 AM, said:

I agree that normally the Valley is a death trap and should be avoided, however, I also agree with Rub that when playing something like the Conqueror and with No arty (that's the key bit) the valley is a viable option. If Rub hadn't have gone valley I believe they would have lost the game due to the amount of reds trying to push the valley and only being held back by the firepower of the Conqueror.

I've done it myself in the Atomic, held off 6 - 7 reds alone (again no arty), I could do it due to the strength of the turret and the reds unwillingness to rush me.

In both situations (mine and Rubs) if the reds had rushed then the outcome would have been different, but, in every battle the outcome isn't guaranteed and I believe that in this particular scenario Rub did exactly the right thing, went to the right location, with the right tank and got the right outcome, played to the tanks strengths.

I still say it's the wrong way to go, and gave the other team it's best chance at winning. He got lucky the other team was terrible and played timid. They could have easily swept the town in the amount of time it took to clear the valley. But they were dumb and camped the base, going into the valley in drips and drabs.

Long ago someone told me that I need to play better because the way I played relied on the enemy being bad and making mistakes. You can't always rely on the enemy being bad. I had rushed people, relying on them to get flustered and miss shots. I killed bad players a lot, and there are way more bad players than good. But every so often I'd meet someone good enough to pick me apart. It really made me want to raise my game.

But again, everyone can go the way they feel is best.

My dislike of +/- 1 pales in comparison to my hatred of Loaded Dice.

Rubbelito #23 Posted 15 September 2019 - 03:45 PM

Major

• WoTC Online Contributor
  • 24826 battles
  • [IMTLZ]

Updated OP with Winners video!

Thank you all and see you again soon! :honoring:

LordWilliam71 #24 Posted 16 September 2019 - 02:40 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13741 battles
  • [JOCO]
Congrats to the winners and thanks again Rubbelito!

Also tagged with subtitles, giveaways, potatoes, commentary

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users