World of Tanks Mercenaries Community Map - Phase 1

community map mercenaries tanks phase 1 phase one poll

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
127 replies to this topic

Poll: Let’s build a World of Tanks Mercenaries map together! (1018 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 2000 battles in order to participate this poll.

Map Class - Kartenklasse - Type de carte - Класс карты - マップクラス

1. Winter - Winter - Hivernale - Зимняя - 冬 (141 votes [13.85%])

Percentage of vote: 13.85%

2. Urban - Urban - Urbaine - Городская - 都市 (151 votes [14.83%])

Percentage of vote: 14.83%

3. Summer - Sommer - Estivale - Летняя - 夏季 (610 votes [59.92%])

Percentage of vote: 59.92%

4. Desert - Wüste - Désertique - Пустынная - 砂漠 (116 votes [11.39%])

Percentage of vote: 11.39%

Map gameplay layout - Karten-Gameplay-Layouts - Style de configuration - Предпочитаемый ландшафт - ゲームプレイ上のマップ環境

1. Higher Ground - Höhere Lage - Hauteurs - Возвышенности - 高地戦 (192 votes [18.86%])

Percentage of vote: 18.86%

2. Open Range - Offenes Gelände - Terrain dégagé - Открытое пространство - 広域戦 (547 votes [53.73%])

Percentage of vote: 53.73%

3. Close Quarters - Nahkampf - Combats rapprochés - Ближний бой - 近接戦 (130 votes [12.77%])

Percentage of vote: 12.77%

4. Clear Divide - Klare Aufteilung - Séparation nette - Чёткое разделение на зоны - 分断戦 (149 votes [14.64%])

Percentage of vote: 14.64%

Map variant - Kartenvariante - Variantes de carte - Тип карты - マップタイプ

1. Day - Tag - Jour - День - 昼 (527 votes [51.77%])

Percentage of vote: 51.77%

2. Night - Nacht - Nuit - Ночь - 夜 (243 votes [23.87%])

Percentage of vote: 23.87%

3. War - Krieg - En guerre - Война - 戦争 (169 votes [16.60%])

Percentage of vote: 16.60%

4. Storm - Sturm - Tempête - Буря - 嵐 (79 votes [7.76%])

Percentage of vote: 7.76%

Bodies of Water - Wasserflächen - Plans d'eau - Водное пространство - 水の割合

1. Minimum water - Minimales Wasser - Profondeur de l’eau minimale - Минимум воды - 最小 (419 votes [41.16%])

Percentage of vote: 41.16%

2. Swamps, ponds, or streams - Sümpfe, Teiche oder Bäche - Marécages, étangs ou ruisseaux - Болота, пруды или ручьи - 沼、池、小川 (257 votes [25.25%])

Percentage of vote: 25.25%

3. Lakes - Seen - Lac - Озёра - 湖 (72 votes [7.07%])

Percentage of vote: 7.07%

4. Rivers or Canals - Flüsse oder Kanäle - Rivières et canaux - Реки или каналы - 川または運河 (232 votes [22.79%])

Percentage of vote: 22.79%

5. Coastal - Küste - Littoral - Побережье - 沿岸 (38 votes [3.73%])

Percentage of vote: 3.73%

Terrain elevation types - Geländeerhebungstypen - Types d'élévation - Рельеф местности - マップ内の地形傾斜

1. Mountains - Gebirge - Montagnes - Горы - 山岳 (88 votes [8.64%])

Percentage of vote: 8.64%

2. Hills - Hügel - Collines - Возвышенности - 丘陵 (479 votes [47.05%])

Percentage of vote: 47.05%

3. Ravines - Schluchten - Ravins - Овраги - 渓谷 (124 votes [12.18%])

Percentage of vote: 12.18%

4. Valley - Tal - Vallée - Долина - 谷間 (111 votes [10.90%])

Percentage of vote: 10.90%

5. Flat landscape - Flachland - Paysage plat - Равнинный ландшафт - 平地 (216 votes [21.22%])

Percentage of vote: 21.22%

Foliage density - Laubdichte - Densité des feuillages - Количество растительности - 緑地の密度

1. Minimum - Minimal - Minimale - Мало - 最小 (111 votes [10.90%])

2. Medium - Mittel - Moyenne - Средне - 中 (573 votes [56.29%])

Percentage of vote: 56.29%

3. High - Hoch - Élevée - Много - 高 (334 votes [32.81%])

Percentage of vote: 32.81%

Region Location - Region - Localisation de la région - Регион - 地域

1. North America - Nordamerika - Amérique du Nord - Северная Америка - 北アメリカ (284 votes [27.90%])

Percentage of vote: 27.90%

2. Europe - Europa - Europe - Европа - ヨーロッパ (559 votes [54.91%])

Percentage of vote: 54.91%

3. Asia - Asien - Asie - Азия - アジア (111 votes [10.90%])

4. Arctic - Arktis - Arctique - Арктика - 北極圏 (64 votes [6.29%])

Percentage of vote: 6.29%

Vote Hide poll

ZerotheWanderer #81 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:51 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16782 battles
  • [TRAX]
As of right now that sounds like malinovka.

If at first you don't succeed, redefine success.

GoldenDragonX1 #82 Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:43 AM

Private

• Players
  • 28273 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostRaiBOT01, on 10 September 2019 - 03:11 PM, said:

ENGLISH

DEUTSCH

FRANCAIS

РУССКИЙ

日本語

Thanks and ROLL OUT!

GoldenDragonX1 #83 Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:49 AM

Private

• Players
  • 28273 battles
  • [FEN1X]
Pls no another Dragon ridge or Amazon guys....we need more urban maps,Close Quarters Combat less snipping more skilled tankers type maps. 

Edited by GoldenDragonX1, 20 September 2019 - 03:50 AM.

Gallant Prime #84 Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:00 AM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 44706 battles
  • [47R]

First, I want to say I am glad WG is soliciting feedback.  Hopefully we can add a fun balanced map that everyone enjoys.

As far as my answers, they fall in line with something Redshire like as it is one of my favorite maps. 

EDIT:  I have edited this post since reviewing the Weekly Assault regarding the Community Map Initiative.  I suggest others give it a watch as it provides a little more depth into the project and a bit on why the initial poll is limited.  As such I have revised this post to organize it more toward consideration of future information and hopes for the future map.    

I hope for a good mix of terrain, and what I mean by this is not necessarily to have extremes such as mountain ranges in the map.  I think the beautiful mountain that you see on Hidden Village would be just as beautiful and useful off map.  I would like to see a map where you can drive on at least 90 percent of the map.      

A good creative map would bring in bits of all different types of terrain.  So while I would like to see 90 percent driveable, I would like to see a good mix of city, open hilly terrain and other features.  Fisherman's Bay has a nice mix of these features: city, hill, open, foliage.  I’m not a big fan of swamp terrain or other terrain that vehicles with poor ground resistance really struggle with, but I can see it having an appropriate place in controlling pace on a map. 

I want to see a summer/fall type map with plenty of foliage, but not necessarily foliage and open ground without cover.  Prefer foliage with hills, move from hill to hill for cover. 

I also don't think water features are really that important at least for gameplay, and again would prefer for larger bodies of water to be off map if they are for aesthetic purposes.  I don’t think of the lake on Lakeville to be a particularly good feature, unless you enjoy shooting noobs who drive too close to the lake.  Unfortunately, the effect of shooting noobs next to the lake is that they don’t take the risk and go valley.  My water preference is to have some rivers with some parts crossable and some parts not so crossable.  Dragon teeth are probably just as effective, though a riverbank can be a good hull down position.    

A special note about lakes/swamps.  I would rather see elevated plateaus--perhaps with walled cities inside.  Lakes and open swamps seem like a good way to give clear firing lines, but it just funnels individuals away from these death traps--see Lakeville and Live Oaks--making a good portion of the map not usable and corridor like.  

I really like the night/twillight maps, and I like the ones with war type features at night—AA guns and planes flying overhead.  Am I a fan of war maps with rubble?  I like the sidescraping and cover opportunities they offer.  I generally do not like maps with staircases or drainpipes that stop your tank in its tracks.  So, some minor war torn features are ok.  But rocks that are hard to see and send your tank flipping, such as on Berlin—no thanks.  I really do not want another snow map—not unless you are going to remove some snow maps.  Urban and snow should be considered the same camo, imho. 

In regards to regions, I understand limiting the choices due to a need to focus.  I will say that I hope that the focus does not eliminate potentially excellent locations that could be used with current in game assets.  As such Africa, South America, Australia, and pacific islands could all still be included for consideration.  I don’t see a big difference in Europe and North America and think there is enough generic buildings and landscape materials to use for those other areas, particularly Australia.  A strip mine would be particularly interesting and could be anywhere in the world. 

The northwest of El Halluff offering some corridor, sidescraping, and hill work is awesome.  The middle hills of Redshire are awesome for hill work as the hills offer various slopes to work and cover with, plus the foliage.  Ardennes also has some nice hill features that I think are really underappreciated.  Sandriver is good for offering hills and cover, flanking, and crossfire. 

A note about hills:  I really want to see various types of hills on the map, those with gradual slope and steeper slope.  I really want to see these close by each other as well so that various tanks with various gun depressions can use the same relative positions.  Some of this could be done by cratering.    

I am not a fan of the force players to fight on top of hills feature—that is a very steep hill that offers no ability for any tank to use their gun depression.  The player must then drive on top of the hill which is usually flat and exposes them to all kinds of fire from those out of sight.      

I want to see more flanking features incorporated with any corridors and possible crossfire though limited from other parts of the map.  I prefer no true isolation type corridors, but rather terrain that provides cover moving from point to point. 

I hope after this initial inquiry there is further inquiry into the features individuals like on maps—hull down features, sidescraping features, corridor type features, open lane/scout/cover type features, engagement distances, and terrain resistances. 

Maybe WG already knows the features people like--I don't know what they know.  I will say an interesting story I recently saw regarding PopSockets and their development causes me to be more understanding here.  Inventor initially wanted something to store his headphones with his phone.  Introduced the item to students who stated they would use them to store their headphones with the phone.  None of the students proceeded to use them for that but just as a handle for the phone.  What people say they want and will do does not necessarily always coincide with what they actually do.  Nevertheless, I hope WG does further inquiry upon specific features. 

Finally, my two cents on how to improve some maps or to offer variation.

Spoiler

Edited by Gallant Prime, 23 September 2019 - 02:30 AM.

Pontiac Pat #85 Posted 20 September 2019 - 04:02 AM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25208 battles
  • [47R]
It wasn't on the options list, but I would LOVE to see more maps based on historic tank vs tank battlefields.  Prok is a classic example.  I'm sure we could make a list of others if you needed some research help.

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

WreckageUK #86 Posted 20 September 2019 - 12:40 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17802 battles

View PostSPUK4U, on 19 September 2019 - 12:25 PM, said:

Map should have full 1km x 1km usable area, I hate maps that are full of areas that you can't go with tank.

A prime example of this problem is hidden village, so much map space gone to waste forcing players into lanes. Games on this map and others like it most of the time always play out the same way with heavies going one lane, meds the other and a few brave souls down the third lane. 

I am Zweistein #87 Posted 20 September 2019 - 01:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

Please try to make the map as accessible as possible! By that i mean that you should not restrict terrain by invisible blockades! No corridors! Make the whole map including higher positions accessible for all types of tanks!
People have complained in the past that certain areas have been accessed by light tanks boosting onto the top of mountains for example... so the map was nerfed by restricting the terrain!
I think this is the wrong way to handle the issue!
I think it would be better to the exact opposite and open up all of these areas by adding access paths so that EVERYBODY can use ALL of these locations!

Its getting kind of boring to see the majority of the team driving to one corner getting in each others way and shooting the enemy in the face at close range because there are no other options on certain maps!
MORE map access = MORE tactical options = MORE FUN!

westmech #88 Posted 20 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13738 battles
  • [-NA-]

Have you thought of inverting the elevation of the topography on existing maps as a quick variant?

Using Prokhorovka as an example: The raised railway line becomes a lowered creek. The lake at H9 becomes a mountain peak while the hill at G9 becomes a deep ravine. The ridge along the E and F lines become a depression. I think you get the idea of reversing elevations. I'm not sure if that is an easy thing to do with the map designing software, but if it is it may give you some really quick progress with developing new map designs.

Classic KoolAid #89 Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11437 battles
  • [DVDA]
So I think we should have a map thats very simple yet gives us good head to head battle between teams. I envision a small town on the plains of north america where the town is in the middle of the map surrounded by nothing but hills and minimal foliage. maybe a small stream or river flowing through the town. one team on the north end of the map and one on the south. this would work for a number of game types. it would be just an all out slugfest where only the elite survive. Please like this comment cause I can see this being the next map on WOT.

TransparentBlue #90 Posted 20 September 2019 - 03:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13300 battles

View Postwestmech, on 20 September 2019 - 02:08 PM, said:

Have you thought of inverting the elevation of the topography on existing maps as a quick variant?

Using Prokhorovka as an example: The raised railway line becomes a lowered creek. The lake at H9 becomes a mountain peak while the hill at G9 becomes a deep ravine. The ridge along the E and F lines become a depression. I think you get the idea of reversing elevations. I'm not sure if that is an easy thing to do with the map designing software, but if it is it may give you some really quick progress with developing new map designs.

This is a good idea.

I am Zweistein #91 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

View PostFBPrime, on 18 September 2019 - 10:35 PM, said:

Good to see most of the community would like more open maps with usable foliage.

Thank god for that! Too many brawl corner shoot each other in the face at 5 millimetres maps... whilst the other half of the team can look at the back of my turret because theres too many tanks clustering!

Open = good

I am Zweistein #92 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:18 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

View Postroehee, on 19 September 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

Please DO NOT ADD DENSE FOLIAGE. We don't need another Magic Forest of Murovanka on our hands.

You call that dense? :amazed:

we need more foliage not less!

I am Zweistein #93 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:22 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

View PostKILLERME420, on 19 September 2019 - 01:31 PM, said:

Need a big city map!!!

Whole map nothing but building and streets BIG MAP!!!

So that it can be reduced to paying attention to A0 and everybody drives to the same corner and reduces the extra large map to 4 squares?

why?

I am Zweistein #94 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:25 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

View PostManitoba 01, on 19 September 2019 - 01:34 PM, said:

Shame the War variant isn't getting much support, there are too many maps that look like a golf course.

The main reason i hate war maps is because of immovables tank hulls... if they were movable it would make more sense

I am Zweistein #95 Posted 20 September 2019 - 05:37 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

View PostFierceForseti, on 19 September 2019 - 02:02 PM, said:

What are the odds that we can have a map editor in game for private matches only?

You can get the community actually building them and maybe vote that way. It would be an awesome addition as well.

Maybe pick the winning map each week/month and throw it in the rotation of the traditional maps.

Give the winner 30 days premium and 1k gold or something like that.

Now this post is one everybody should quote and support!

You have my 100% support for this idea!

Except that maps should go into rotation more often!

C&C zero hour and Unreal tournament 2004 had a map editor that allowed the maps to be played publicly!

Those were some of the best maps and best best games ive ever played!

WOT would really benefit from this and it is definitely technically possible as these games have proved!

please support this idea! Believe me this would be the best new content right now!

Emperor Heins #96 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21392 battles
  • [47R]

More North American maps would be nice... Maybe a map with alternative history. (Man in The High Castle theme(or close to it)). 

Hot sauce is just spicy ketchup.

M4ximus444 #97 Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:38 AM

Private

• Players
  • 76351 battles
  • [FSB]
Пустыня будет лучше.

WreckageUK #98 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:43 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17802 battles

View PostI am Zweistein, on 20 September 2019 - 05:25 PM, said:

The main reason i hate war maps is because of immovables tank hulls... if they were movable it would make more sense

Sacred Valley War is probably one of the worst War maps I've played on, not only is there more ground clutter but also more visual clutter. 

I am Zweistein #99 Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34220 battles
  • [2S]

View PostWreckageUK, on 21 September 2019 - 03:43 PM, said:

Sacred Valley War is probably one of the worst War maps I've played on, not only is there more ground clutter but also more visual clutter. 

The original version was quite playable!

VikingBeard1970 #100 Posted 21 September 2019 - 10:26 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 17603 battles
  • [42OB]
High Foliage.What goid is the camo sysstem if there is not enough foliage.

Also tagged with community, map, mercenaries, tanks, phase 1, phase, one, poll

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users