Commander mode Reddit WOTC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

DEZERTstorm03 #1 Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:33 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 46010 battles
  • [-AXS-]
https://old.reddit.com/r/WorldofTanksConsole/comments/d312aa/day_1_quick_commander_mode_guide/

Hey guys what are your thoughts on the new Commander mode?

So far I am really enjoying this, and could see this fully developed add-on, (perhaps even a  phone game tied to our console garages)

What are your strategies and squad builds?

Some further notes below:

• You can now direct tanks to face certain directions (IE cover a corner)
  • It appears AI tanks can be positioned behind cover
  • AI tanks use auto-aim, and do better with high velocity APCR rounds
  • the STRV S1 has been my best performer in almost every game I have played (AI)
  • Sometimes you play against another commander, sometimes against a "user" team
  • You pay the costs associated with each vehicle, so build wisely
  • You need separate crews for each vehicle
  • This is honestly the most interesting game-mode yet for me
  • You can set vehicles to reverse, and use waypoints

## Most interesting strategy played against me was a German heavy build. VK 100P, Mauerbreacher, and other large tanks. He blocked roads in Berlin and caused my AI pathing to go crazy and halt all my tanks. I had to micro all of my tanks to win the game.

“If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them.”

- Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts 

Tempest fox3 #2 Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:56 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20673 battles
  • [JOCO]

I've played around 20 commander battles. Not one commander vs commander. They've all been commander vs tankers.

The points earnings annoy me. Tankers are pretty much garunteed 2 points a game. Commanders wills be lucky to get more than one and if the tanker team is competent they might end up getting none.

Current squad build is;

Paladin

Atomic

Iron rain

T32-A

king dragon

Yazi

Vanguard

Defender

Obj252u

Yet to lose a match, closet I've been to defeat is 3 tanks alive at the end (defender, iron rain and Yazi on prok)

Tankers tend not to stick together, so whenever you see a 1-2 tankers isolated from the rest of their team sic your Medium's on them. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Ranked battles #3 Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:42 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25470 battles
  • [CRPT]

View PostTempest fox3, on 12 September 2019 - 02:56 AM, said:

I've played around 20 commander battles. Not one commander vs commander. They've all been commander vs tankers.

The points earnings annoy me. Tankers are pretty much garunteed 2 points a game. Commanders wills be lucky to get more than one and if the tanker team is competent they might end up getting none.

Current squad build is;

Paladin

Atomic

Iron rain

T32-A

king dragon

Yazi

Vanguard

Defender

Obj252u

Yet to lose a match, closet I've been to defeat is 3 tanks alive at the end (defender, iron rain and Yazi on prok)

Tankers tend not to stick together, so whenever you see a 1-2 tankers isolated from the rest of their team sic your Medium's on them. 

I wish u was on the EU server so I could give you you're first loss.

Tempest fox3 #4 Posted 12 September 2019 - 03:44 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 20673 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostOld mane swag, on 12 September 2019 - 03:42 AM, said:

I wish u was on the EU server so I could give you you're first loss.

Been playing on NA. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131 - In order obtained

Spoiler

Godeater 333 #5 Posted 12 September 2019 - 04:56 AM

Major

• Players
  • 10759 battles
Been playing as a Tanker.

So far, the "strategy" seems to be 'lemming 9 tanks around the map'; not much 6 Tanks can do vs 9, especially if the tankers split up.

So far every battle I've been in has been a complete curb-stomp one way or the other.

I apologize for the length of my post.

Scout Guide  Support your Scout!

FinlandRed #6 Posted 12 September 2019 - 07:35 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 21514 battles

Played as Tanker trying some tanks I've not run for a while for the lols. JP II shotgun for the win. HMH M4 .49 has been fun to. :teethhappy:

Easy points although I have found myself on teams of real stupids who insist on driving to the farthest seperate corners of map and then expect me to carry them.

Also tagged with Commander mode, Reddit, WOTC

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users