Commander mode issues

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

PureZX123 #1 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8268 battles

I have been playing Commander mode a fair bit over the last couple of days, so far in Tanker Mode only.

Two problems are glaringly obvious to me, first off, if the Commander playing RTS mode, drives around en masse and focus fires the Tanker team one by one on the open maps, he will win every time. All RTS Commanders seem to have learnt this now and the open maps mean almost certain defeat for Tanker teams.

Secondly, there's an issue with spotting. Once you, as a Tanker, have been spotted, it seem impossible to be unspotted again. If you move far enough away from the enemy, or out of the line of direct sight of the enemy, Six Sense tells you that you're not being spotted as you'd expect, but as soon as you move at distance or out the line of sight, you get shot, even though you remain unspotted and Sixth sense hasn't been triggered again.

MaxChaos24 #2 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:06 AM

Gameplay Expert

• Administrator
  • 13278 battles
  • [WGW]

View PostPureZX123, on 13 September 2019 - 05:18 AM, said:

I have been playing Commander mode a fair bit over the last couple of days, so far in Tanker Mode only.

Two problems are glaringly obvious to me, first off, if the Commander playing RTS mode, drives around en masse and focus fires the Tanker team one by one on the open maps, he will win every time. All RTS Commanders seem to have learnt this now and the open maps mean almost certain defeat for Tanker teams.

Secondly, there's an issue with spotting. Once you, as a Tanker, have been spotted, it seem impossible to be unspotted again. If you move far enough away from the enemy, or out of the line of direct sight of the enemy, Six Sense tells you that you're not being spotted as you'd expect, but as soon as you move at distance or out the line of sight, you get shot, even though you remain unspotted and Sixth sense hasn't been triggered again.

madlop26 #3 Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:46 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 10902 battles

View PostPureZX123, on 13 September 2019 - 09:18 AM, said:

The first not really an issue , tankers should learn how to avoid being Yolo, relocate and cross fire. The second is really an issue, the magic sporting from the commander is quite annoying 

PureZX123 #4 Posted 17 September 2019 - 02:07 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 8268 battles

View Postmadlop26, on 17 September 2019 - 07:46 AM, said:

The first not really an issue , tankers should learn how to avoid being Yolo, relocate and cross fire. The second is really an issue, the magic sporting from the commander is quite annoying 

The first issue is really an issue because of the second issue and the fact that there was another issue with spotting. Once you were spotted by any of the Commander's units, you remained spotted, even if your sixth sense says you're not. Also, if the Commander had reasonably fast vehicles, faster than yours, you may not be able to stay out of the way.

bigpikle #5 Posted 17 September 2019 - 04:09 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24943 battles
Accuracy on the commander team seems out of this world. I am getting peppered by tanks moving at full speed when i am behind cover and exposing just a bit of turret. Same thing when being snapshot at, very rarely do they miss unless I get the luxury of being 1on1 in a city map, only then that I was able to entice the BOT to take bad shots.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users