Jump to content


My list of Grievances with World of Tanks.


  • Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

FusionStar287 #1 Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:42 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20343 battles
  • 16,311
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

Disclaimer: I am not making this thread out of anger, nor am I making this thread because I dislike World of Tanks. I'm making this thread because, to be frank, I'm worn of the game and would very much so like to see it improve to be both a better and a more fresh experience for new players and veterans alike. I will be listing these grievances based on how much of a negative impact I believe they have on the game, I will be providing what I feel a possible solution would be to each grievance, and I will not be including grievances of factors that can't be improved or fixed (Ex: Bad teammates, yolo enemies, etc.). With all of that out of the way, the lists are as follows:

 

High Priority

 

Medium Priority

 

Low Priority

 

In closing, I want to once again stress that I'm not making this thread simply to complain about the game, but to offer some constructive feedback of what I feel are some of the more glaring issues with WoT that I feel should be improved or fixed entirely. I honestly feel like WoT has been stagnant, if not receding, in quality over the last year or so when the game could be have been improving during that time, and it's because I love this game that I thoroughly want to see it growing and having a better experience. While there are other complaints I do have that I didn't mention I feel that by just addressing the ones I did type out above (or at the very least those listed under the high priority section) the game could be improved dramatically and the players would be much happier with the product. Thank you for reading.


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


TocFanKe4 #2 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:07 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20722 battles
  • 23,924
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

 

Kinda early for Festivus, but ok.


Edited by TocFanKe4, 13 September 2019 - 10:08 PM.

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


MiikwanXxXiis #3 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21948 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014
I think the physics issue is more of bad map design. PC has the same physics engine i believe and doesnt have the same issues.

The map balancing should be top priority. A game shouldnt be influenced by which side you spawn on.

Accuracy is a big balancing factor. Do you really want deathstars to be as accurate as strv's? I don't.

I agree with everything else you've said. Nice work!

TocFanKe4 #4 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20722 battles
  • 23,924
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014
One thing, they don't do full balance passes twice a year.  They do them every 1.5 years. 

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


MiikwanXxXiis #5 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:13 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21948 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 13 September 2019 - 10:10 PM, said:

One thing, they don't do full balance passes twice a year.  They do them every 1.5 years. 

Idk if you can call just nerfing mediums a balance pass at all.



CatSnipah #6 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:39 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 25988 battles
  • 5,077
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2013

View PostMiikwanXxXiis, on 13 September 2019 - 10:13 PM, said:

Idk if you can call just nerfing mediums a balance pass at all.

 

WG does......

TocFanKe4 #7 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:40 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20722 battles
  • 23,924
  • [GIRLS]
  • Member since:
    03-16-2014

View PostCatSnipah, on 13 September 2019 - 05:39 PM, said:

 

WG does......

 

They also nerfed the Maus. 

 

The E25 was built for Shenanigans


ATHFjman18 #8 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18218 battles
  • 7,209
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostTocFanKe4, on 13 September 2019 - 05:07 PM, said:

 

Kinda early for Festivus, but ok.

 

This game got me like...

 



XLilabnerX #9 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:45 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 60653 battles
  • 1,240
  • [-THT-]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostFusionStar287, on 13 September 2019 - 09:42 PM, said:

Disclaimer: I am not making this thread out of anger, nor am I making this thread because I dislike World of Tanks. I'm making this thread because, to be frank, I'm worn of the game and would very much so like to see it improve to be both a better and a more fresh experience for new players and veterans alike. I will be listing these grievances based on how much of a negative impact I believe they have on the game, I will be providing what I feel a possible solution would be to each grievance, and I will not be including grievances of factors that can't be improved or fixed (Ex: Bad teammates, yolo enemies, etc.). With all of that out of the way, the lists are as follows:

 

High Priority:

 

Medium Priority:

 

Low Priority:

 

In closing, I want to once again stress that I'm not making this thread simply to complain about the game, but to offer some constructive feedback of what I feel are some of the more glaring issues with WoT that I feel should be improved or fixed entirely. I honestly feel like WoT has been stagnant, if not receding, in quality over the last year or so when the game could be have been improving during that time, and it's because I love this game that I thoroughly want to see it growing and having a better experience. While there are other complaints I do have that I didn't mention I feel that by just addressing the ones I did type out above (or at the very least those listed under the high priority section) the game could be improved dramatically and the players would be much happier with the product. Thank you for reading.

 

I don't understand? Why are multiple Abasssadors using the sponsored forums to post? Are they muffled in meetings with company personnel ? Wouldn't forums be the place customers try and interact with company peeps? 

Does this mean company peeps have walked away from the console game? Shouldn't John Q. Public be told that they are abandoned?



FusionStar287 #10 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:50 PM

    Major

  • WoTC Ambassador
  • 20343 battles
  • 16,311
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    08-13-2013

View PostMiikwanXxXiis, on 13 September 2019 - 05:09 PM, said:

I think the physics issue is more of bad map design. PC has the same physics engine i believe and doesnt have the same issues.

The map balancing should be top priority. A game shouldnt be influenced by which side you spawn on.

Accuracy is a big balancing factor. Do you really want deathstars to be as accurate as strv's? I don't.

I agree with everything else you've said. Nice work!

I'm pretty sure that our physics engine is different from the PC engine. It might just be the maps, but even on similar maps our tanks feel more "bouncy" than they do on PC.

 

As for the map balancing, it would be a high priority if it were a common problem, but most maps are well balanced as they are. It's the few obvious examples where one team start with a notable advantage that are really problems.

 

And I don't want Deathstars to be as accurate as STRVs, but that's mostly due to Deathstars being poorly balanced rather than dispersion values not being a problem. That said, I'm not suggesting that every tank should be laser accurate by any means; I'm merely suggesting that a reduction in how inaccurate tanks are (namely with more accurate tanks when fully aimed) should at least be tested. 


"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

 

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017


natedaishmaster #11 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:03 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 25996 battles
  • 265
  • [IMTLZ]
  • Member since:
    07-29-2014

View PostFusionStar287, on 13 September 2019 - 01:42 PM, said:

Disclaimer: I am not making this thread out of anger, nor am I making this thread because I dislike World of Tanks. I'm making this thread because, to be frank, I'm worn of the game and would very much so like to see it improve to be both a better and a more fresh experience for new players and veterans alike. I will be listing these grievances based on how much of a negative impact I believe they have on the game, I will be providing what I feel a possible solution would be to each grievance, and I will not be including grievances of factors that can't be improved or fixed (Ex: Bad teammates, yolo enemies, etc.). With all of that out of the way, the lists are as follows:

 

High Priority:

 

Medium Priority:

 

Low Priority:

 

In closing, I want to once again stress that I'm not making this thread simply to complain about the game, but to offer some constructive feedback of what I feel are some of the more glaring issues with WoT that I feel should be improved or fixed entirely. I honestly feel like WoT has been stagnant, if not receding, in quality over the last year or so when the game could be have been improving during that time, and it's because I love this game that I thoroughly want to see it growing and having a better experience. While there are other complaints I do have that I didn't mention I feel that by just addressing the ones I did type out above (or at the very least those listed under the high priority section) the game could be improved dramatically and the players would be much happier with the product. Thank you for reading.

 

First off, I disagree with most of your points, including everything in the medium and low priority, mainly because I don't have issues with any of them. Physics aren't really a problem and they are fairly consistent with which parts are messed up and it is fairly easy to avoid. MM could be optemized a bit but it isn't that bad. Second, you have to look at it from the other side. I assume WGC has a fairly limited staff. I agree with you on balance but wide spread balance is difficult so they do it the statistical way to make things easier. I agree it should be more often just to keep things fresh though. The Waffle and 183, while hilarously broken tanks along with arty, give lesser players fun. Getting lucky and one-shotting tanks is the best they're going to do and these players, unfortunately, are what WG needs for revenue.

3 MOE: Hellcat, Lycan, Sp1C, T20, M41 Bulldog, Motherland, STA 1, T95E2, Pershing, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, T54ltwt, T49, RU251, M46 Patton, Type 61, Leopard PTA, T54, E50, Batchat AP, Skoda T50, Centurion 7/1, Sharpshooter, T10, Conquerer, AMX 13 105, Sheridan, T-100LT, RHM PZW, M48 Patton, Leopard 1, E50M, Obj 140, Batchat 25t, TVP 50/51, IS7, AMX 50B, Super Conqueror, The Machine, Chieftain, T110E4


MiikwanXxXiis #12 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:04 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21948 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View PostFusionStar287, on 13 September 2019 - 10:50 PM, said:

I'm pretty sure that our physics engine is different from the PC engine. It might just be the maps, but even on similar maps our tanks feel more "bouncy" than they do on PC.

 

As for the map balancing, it would be a high priority if it were a common problem, but most maps are well balanced as they are. It's the few obvious examples where one team start with a notable advantage that are really problems.

 

And I don't want Deathstars to be as accurate as STRVs, but that's mostly due to Deathstars being poorly balanced rather than dispersion values not being a problem. That said, I'm not suggesting that every tank should be laser accurate by any means; I'm merely suggesting that a reduction in how inaccurate tanks are (namely with more accurate tanks when fully aimed) should at least be tested. 

What is this bounciness you refer to? PC maps are flatter and the console exclusive maps have ridiculously short undulations. Namely nomahan line. I think that might be the bounce you refer too?

 

Nomohan line and Amazon are the first offenders that come to mind but i can think of more. I think its probably like 30% of the maps. Seems common enough to me.

 

I thought there was a accuracy test? Would be interesting if not. I fear it would effect tanks disproportionately.



MiikwanXxXiis #13 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:09 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21948 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    02-04-2014

View Postnatedaishmaster, on 13 September 2019 - 11:03 PM, said:

 

First off, I disagree with most of your points, including everything in the medium and low priority, mainly because I don't have issues with any of them. Physics aren't really a problem and they are fairly consistent with which parts are messed up and it is fairly easy to avoid. MM could be optemized a bit but it isn't that bad. Second, you have to look at it from the other side. I assume WGC has a fairly limited staff. I agree with you on balance but wide spread balance is difficult so they do it the statistical way to make things easier. I agree it should be more often just to keep things fresh though. The Waffle and 183, while hilarously broken tanks along with arty, give lesser players fun. Getting lucky and one-shotting tanks is the best they're going to do and these players, unfortunately, are what WG needs for revenue.

If they didnt have a successful parent company the lack of resources would be understandable. How hard could it be to consult the pc team or look at how they balance tanks?



BrogueOne #14 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:15 PM

    Major

  • Supertest - PS4
  • 22924 battles
  • 10,228
  • [ELDER]
  • Member since:
    01-07-2016
You’ve put a lot more in your OP than I can reasonably converse with from my mobile environment so I’m going to discuss something that particularly stuck out to me: some of your comments on tank balance.  In particular, the part about “outclassed at tier” tanks....

“Why would I choose Tank X over Tank Z?” is by-and-large a subjective sentiment. It ties into expectations about the game and not so much based on the developer-intended reasons for their existence.  Take for example the K-91 versus ObjectXXX....  I plan to make it the first X I unlock from that 430 line, in part, because I very much enjoy the play style of the 416 Frying Pan, and partly because I find its best-in-game shell velocity and top shelf gun handling to be very appealing.  For the sake of fairness I’ll only make comparisons to the Object 140 here since it’s the only Tier X Russian Medium I have thus far(and will try to keep my test experience out beyond comments on K-91)...  Object 140 is simply just stupid easy to play.  It does everything you ask it to do and you blink 5 times and you’ve dealt over 3k damage and blocked over 1k.  Frankly, I don’t find that exciting. Fun? Fork yes! But it’s not interesting or challenging.

I would choose the K-91 over the Object 140 to play exclusively as a Sniper.  The tank is designed for that role, does well in that role, and it’s a worthwhile strategy to exploit that.  140 is a Thrust/Dodge/Parry fighter and that’s the best(to me) strategy to exploit for the 140.

Speaking strictly of Tier X I can see plenty of diversity and each tank has its own unique optimal strategy to exploit.  If you strictly consider each tank as a “one trick pony” (at the most basic level) you can justify their existence among its peers.  Just my personal feelings/outlook... I see an enemy tank and I think to myself: “ that tank is good at X, its weak point is X, my tank does X and not good at X, run hide or fight?” That’s how I tend to approach a tactical situation anyway.

Even some of the worst “balance offenders” are somewhat subjective in said balance.  I genuinely agree with many of the “usual” complaints about Tier X balance, but I suppose I’m just content to adapt and rise to the challenge.  I don’t feel strongly enough to join the villagers with torch in hand, but I would happily smile along with them if they get any traction in their cause.

But for the love of all that’s holy...... We DESPERATELY NEED TEAM COMPOSITION PARITY!  That is absolutely a balance factor I will loudly advocate for.  If a longer queue time is the only major detractor for WG I say most of us would gladly spend an extra 30-60 seconds in queue!

IBROX 04 #15 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:15 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20106 battles
  • 8,914
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014
6k gold to rent a tier 8. Yeah games going great 

 

 

 

 


ATHFjman18 #16 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:18 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 18218 battles
  • 7,209
  • [JOCO]
  • Member since:
    06-27-2014

View PostIBROX 04, on 13 September 2019 - 06:15 PM, said:

6k gold to rent a tier 8. Yeah games going great 

 

Yeah. I wonder what poor saps fell for that nonsense. 

XLilabnerX #17 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:22 PM

    Captain

  • Players
  • 60653 battles
  • 1,240
  • [-THT-]
  • Member since:
    05-10-2014

View PostIBROX 04, on 13 September 2019 - 11:15 PM, said:

6k gold to rent a tier 8. Yeah games going great 

 

Great post, all I can do is roflmfao 6k times

 



Balthasar250 #18 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Tester
  • 47210 battles
  • 297
  • Member since:
    01-05-2014
As I recall Festivus is every holiday that is exclusive to whatever you don't celebrate. take any holiday and stick it there.

Death's garden awaits


IBROX 04 #19 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:26 PM

    Major

  • Players
  • 20106 battles
  • 8,914
  • [BNKR]
  • Member since:
    11-10-2014

View PostATHFjman18, on 14 September 2019 - 12:18 AM, said:

 

Yeah. I wonder what poor saps fell for that nonsense. 

 

Sadly its gonna be implemented in MP now. Bloody obvious.

 

 

 

 


DrivableBeast35 #20 Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:27 PM

    Major

  • Beta Tester
  • 30208 battles
  • 2,280
  • Member since:
    08-08-2013
This is a WoTC Ambassador dropping all these bombs. Wow.


 





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users