Highway Spawns. Oh, still *sigh*

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

radonism #1 Posted 13 September 2019 - 10:34 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16330 battles

I mean, come on. Still? You've turned one of the better maps into a camp-fest that rivals Erlenberg. Remember of old El Halluf, with 15 tanks parked on each ridge, waiting for tracers, blind firing, waiting and then watching the brave/bored tankers advance down their respective hills only to be eviscerated in seconds? Yep, that's Highway now (except Encounter, which actually works on this map for a change for that game mode). 

It's not like this thread is new. So many way more experienced and well known members of the community than I called out this daft change months ago. 

Would it really be so hard to switch it back? Highway was a great map. Now it's a sigh like pulling Ardennes or NoNo-not again-Man.

So, why you no change back? Customer is King. Listen to the King (but not that one). 

SandM9 #2 Posted 14 September 2019 - 05:24 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32440 battles

View Postradonism, on 13 September 2019 - 03:34 PM, said:

I mean, come on. Still? You've turned one of the better maps into a camp-fest that rivals Erlenberg. Remember of old El Halluf, with 15 tanks parked on each ridge, waiting for tracers, blind firing, waiting and then watching the brave/bored tankers advance down their respective hills only to be eviscerated in seconds? Yep, that's Highway now (except Encounter, which actually works on this map for a change for that game mode). 

It's not like this thread is new. So many way more experienced and well known members of the community than I called out this daft change months ago. 

Would it really be so hard to switch it back? Highway was a great map. Now it's a sigh like pulling Ardennes or NoNo-not again-Man.

So, why you no change back? Customer is King. Listen to the King (but not that one). 

I was never clear on what was wrong with the old spawns. Seemed generally balanced. 

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

radonism #3 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:27 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 16330 battles

WG Logic: It's working good, let's break it.

FusionStar287 #4 Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:35 PM

Major

• WoTC Ambassador
  • 20343 battles
  • [JOCO]
Wait, you don't think the South Spawn being given the entire northwest corner for free while also having a fair shot at winning the town while the North spawn can almost never do anything but snipe from base or attempt to win the town (at which point they still can't advance without driving through the open in front of any enemy snipers) was a good change? :trollface:

"My dear brothers, take note of this: Men should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry, for man's anger does not bring about the righteous life that God desires." ~ James 1: 19-20

"wefWEGFRF" - RaiBOT01, 2017

MiikwanXxXiis #5 Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:00 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 21948 battles
Based on where they moved the south spawns, my guess is they wanted to encourage the south team to play in the north side more. Why tho im not sure. Probably because north team usually won games more by taking the field and then the base. The north west sucks to play in but for whatever reason the northern team usually sent more tanks there before. The devs need balance maps better not try to influence map meta by spawning one team with control over half the map.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users