What is going on with my game play?

Terrible matchmaking. Terrible teamates Constant losing Bad luck? Frustrated player

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

jspringer1126 #1 Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:31 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 14036 battles
  • [BAD4U]
Okay now I have touched on this before but this is just getting ridiculous! I have truly gave up on World of Tanks I can't take this anymore. Wargaming did I create my account on the wrong day or is someone there personally just out to make me hate this game. I have spent alot of money on this game and this is how I'm rewarded? 80% of all my games the enemy team has more higher tier tanks or more heavy tanks or more artillery than my team, I don't care if anyone believes me it's true. All I do is lose and almost all my teamates have terrible ratings. But after the match I check the winning sides personal stats and they're always better. I have been on this game for almost 18 months and I have never had my win ratio above 47%. I look on the other side of the board and I'm almost always facing players with high personal ratings and win ratio's from 50% to 60%. And thats random matchmaking? I almost always have the worst teamates no matter what tier I play. I have had so many games where I have up to 7 teamates get 0 damage. And so many games where my team gets 0 kills. I once had 32 losses in a row that can't be random matchmaking. I know what people are going to say so go ahead and save it I have heard it all before. Yeah it's my fault,I suck,just deal with it and quit playing. I have become so frustrated with this game I will never spend another cent on it. I use to spend hundreds of dollars a month on Wot but not no more. Why would I keep putting money into this game when I'm constantly being put in unwinnable situations. It's to the pount I dread getting on Wot because I know it's just going to be one frustrating loss after another. I don't want to quit playing I use to really enjoy Wot,but it's getting worse and worse. It can't just be bad luck, I have talked to hundreds of players and no one seems to have as much problems as I have on this game. I don't understand why my gaming experience just keeps getting worse and worse. I have teamates that can't pen tanks to save their life but the enemy team can pen my teamates tanks at will. I have arty players that cant even get 1 kill. I look on the enemy team and their arty is getting lots of damage and numerous kills. My teamates almost always go everywhere but where the enemy  is. All my heavy tank teamates try to use their tanks as a sniper. My light tank drivers get killed in the first 90 seconds or refuse to spot and try to snipe the entire match. Most of my teamates sit in 1 spot the entire match and refuse to help their other teamates out. Almost always over half my teamates try to use their tanks as sniper tank no matter the tank. I get on the microphone and try to direct my teamates or ask for help and I get met with profanity almost instantly. I have tried playing in platoons and when I do the matchmaking almost always puts my team in a lopsided match. I have tried everything everyone has suggested and it's just getting worse and worse. Look up Bad arrsh mother fudgers community page ahd you will see what I'm talking about. 

Edited by jspringer1126, 18 September 2019 - 06:35 AM.

DemiGodesss #2 Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 12289 battles

"I use to spend hundreds of dollars a month on Wot"

There's your problem.

atwilliams07 #3 Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:48 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 29458 battles

Firstly, as someone how doesn’t regularly put real money into this game, thank you for the money you have spent.

Now I know you don’t want to hear this, but your win rate isn’t Wargaming’s fault, it’s a product of your long term game play, and specifically your ability to impact games which are “in the balance” in the right way.

At 18 months in, my win rate was very similar to yours and I too was frustrated at apparent “fixing” of the matchmaker (still get those feelings today, but less so) and seemingly useless team mates.  What I didn’t recognise at that time was that my map knowledge, situational awareness, knowledge of other tanks and general tank control wasn’t good enough to influence the outcome of many battles.  I was participating, but not critical to the outcome.

30 months into the game, my lifetime win rate has just hit 50% and weekly win rate is around 55% (+/-2%). What’s different?  Experience in all aspects of the game.  I am still not a Unicom player, but have many Unicom games, and now don’t worry about the other team as much, as I know the role I can and will play in any given tank, and importantly can recognise those points in a battle which are likely to tip the balance.  My damage output per game is also significantly higher than a year ago.

I took the liberty of looking at your stats.  In my view you have progressed quickly up several lines and have numerous premium tanks.  With a few notable exceptions (mostly lights), you have not played 100 games in many of your tanks, particularly in the mid-tiers.  Whilst this has allowed you to progress in terms of tank tiers, it has robbed you of the experience I referred too above.

This is a challenging game and their is no shortcut to experience.  My recommendation would be 1) start playing more battles in the mid-tiers (5-7), even in tanks you have moved out of, focusing on trying to adapt your play style to the tank, the enemy and the situation.  2) start critically thinking about how you support your teammates, particularly high tier tanks,  3) if you don’t already, start watching some streamers via YouTube or Twitch to learn key map tactics and how they respond to different situations, and 4) focus on how you can make a contribution even when bottom tier.  

Hang in there!

ONEGUNxOUTLAW #4 Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:05 AM

Corporal

• Beta Tester
  • 11575 battles
I feel like they are purposely causing people to lag out mid game bearing a victory.
"You don't always know where you stand until you know that you won't run away"

GroomingChief65 #5 Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:38 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10524 battles
I'd suggest staying down at tiers 1-3, pick a tank you like to drive and keep playing it until you consistently have a positive impact on the outcome. Find a niche that allows you to enjoy playing the game. Once that starts happening then move up a couple of tiers 3-5 and repeat.  If you try that but never seem to get better there are always other games. This is a great game but it honestly isn't going to be for everyone.

SPUK4U #6 Posted 18 September 2019 - 10:52 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10935 battles
When I started a year ago, I played to tier 5 and stayed there a long time just to leard and have fun with Ops. I recommed that you return to tier 5 to learn how to carry battles with heavy tank.
- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

Focus anybody #7 Posted 18 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27271 battles
  • [CRPT]
Win rate is all you , Its balance itself out over time ,We have all had bad games/teams it happens.

Otis Z Firefly #8 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:15 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 21120 battles
You have 28 tier X tanks! Stop paying to skip tanks and return to mid tier games. Your stats tell me you're a better player than I, just slow down on the moving up tiers.
Ordo ab Chao.

Focus anybody #9 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:24 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27271 battles
  • [CRPT]
damn u have more tier 10s than me and I'm 24k battles in i think i have 19 

Very Classy #10 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32707 battles
  • [JOCO]

View Postjspringer1126, on 18 September 2019 - 01:31 AM, said:

I look on the other side of the board and I'm almost always facing players with high personal ratings and win ratio's from 50% to 60%.

I think this is becoming more and more true. Well, not just on the Reds, though. I'd say most matches nowadays I mention to my platoon mates, "Oh, [insert GT(s)] is a good/great/amazing player/platoon." And when they happen to be on the Greens, the Reds usually lose.

There's a much higher concentration of good players in the queue. Good players punish mistakes quickly. It becomes imperative to lessen mistakes more so than ever. When I started, most folks were trash... just like I was... errors could be made... I could learn but still have fun.

My biggest advice would be watch streams/vids of great players and, preferably, try platooning with better players.

Listening to what better players were seeing made me realize areas that I needed (and still need) to work on. I know I'll never be as good as the superb players, but I know I can be better than I was yesterday.

Good luck.

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

rarickp1973 #11 Posted 18 September 2019 - 12:43 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13351 battles
  • [KBT]

View PostGroomingChief65, on 18 September 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

I'd suggest staying down at tiers 1-3, pick a tank you like to drive and keep playing it until you consistently have a positive impact on the outcome. Find a niche that allows you to enjoy playing the game. Once that starts happening then move up a couple of tiers 3-5 and repeat.  If you try that but never seem to get better there are always other games. This is a great game but it honestly isn't going to be for everyone.

^^^this here is what I did, worked well for me. 
signature.png

steelheadclan #12 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:38 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15417 battles
  • [REAL]

I’ve been getting lots of nights with tragic teams. 

Some of the teams I had last night were criminally bad!  

I’m giving up on higher tiers for a while and am gonna spam copious amounts of gold on my type 64 and ever faithful Terrible Tippy. 

I was at 84% in my TVP and now I’m at 80%:(

khink20 #13 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:47 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4861 battles

jspringer1126, I feel your pain.  My V/B is 45%, I get crushed, most of the time. So everything you are feeling I feel the same.  I love playing this game because every once in a while, I crush, and it's awesome!  I'm currently grinding the entire US line, hoping to get an all tier X line up.  What I have learned that makes each game suck less for me:

#1 forget about the STATS!  Just play the game and have fun.

Lites: just survive.  Try to be the last green left. spot, hide, spot, hide take a pot shot, hide.  I don't go 1 v 1 with another lite because i don't have the controller skills to compete.

Mediums: Depending on my reload time, I follow heavies around and protect their flanks.  I stay in the game longer that way.

Heavies:  If I'm top tier :) I brawl, its really fun to be in big massive gun fight!  If I'm bottom tier I play as a medium.

TD's: I snipe at choke points and move around, some times I last but most time the lights find me and kill me.

Arty: I drink beer and mess up other players games.  It's so fun to watch a tree fall and you blind shot and destroy a guy right off the bat.  I imagine them throwing their controller!

When it's team destruction, I go where ever the lemmings go.  Never get caught by yourself.  This is what I changed to have fun with this game.  I almost quit after tier VI.  But i've learned the maps, I know where to hide, and I know where to expect them to be coming from.  The most satisying  thing in this game to me, is blowing the top off a guy that's bum rushing me trying to be the hero.  Also, the game is already decided before you spawn with the RNG.  I can pretty much tell with my first 3 shots if its going to be a team defeat or victory.

XLilabnerX #14 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:48 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 62995 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostGroomingChief65, on 18 September 2019 - 09:38 AM, said:

roflmfao .... Yeah go play "bot" tiers. See once you figure out which player their program is mimicking you can really pad your stats. 

Because a game against bots is what you signed up for when you picked this multiplayer game.

Let me be the one to post that the name of this game IS NOT World of Tanks, it is in fact called "Screw you For Playing Our Game"

roflmfao

Edited by XLilabnerX, 18 September 2019 - 01:51 PM.

Improved Aus #15 Posted 18 September 2019 - 01:55 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 27610 battles
  • [1CAB]
Some good advice here already. Look up the turkey tank or swindle or sinz on YouTube for console wot tips. Also watch pc players as well.

I’m guessing also by what the others have said about you rushing up the ranks is that you have minimal crew skills on your commanders. Would this assumption be correct?

TransparentBlue #16 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:01 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13414 battles

View PostXLilabnerX, on 18 September 2019 - 01:48 PM, said:

roflmfao .... Yeah go play "bot" tiers. See once you figure out which player their program is mimicking you can really pad your stats. 

Because a game against bots is what you signed up for when you picked this multiplayer game.

Let me be the one to post that the name of this game IS NOT World of Tanks, it is in fact called "Screw you For Playing Our Game"

roflmfao

I see Sunshine Mary has decided to participate...

Keep spreading that happiness in the forums!

Very Classy #17 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:08 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32707 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostTransparentBlue, on 18 September 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

I am honestly baffled as to how he/she still has forum privilege. The number of forumers who posted interesting opinions and were genuinely helpful to the playerbase that have been permabanned is sad in comparison. 

There is literally an Xbox 360 in a museum, and this is the best joke you can come up with?
                                                                                         -- allhavoc

XLilabnerX #18 Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:44 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 62995 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostTransparentBlue, on 18 September 2019 - 02:01 PM, said:

I see diluding blue in the face gas bag has decided to name call FIRST AGAIN, and go untouched.

OldRugger51 #19 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:19 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 19950 battles
  • [C-X-L]

“If my answers frighten you, then you should cease asking scary questions.” - Jules Winnfield, Pulp Fiction

Long before The Witcher, Elric of Melnibone, with Stormbringer, was the Blonde of Death!

SandM9 #20 Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:27 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 32867 battles

View PostOld mane swag, on 18 September 2019 - 04:31 AM, said:

Win rate is all you , Its balance itself out over time ,We have all had bad games/teams it happens.

which is it? Either it's "all you" or "bad games/teams" happen.

I've had plenty of games where I see how I could've done something different and won. But, I've also had games where I've done everything right carried my team and still lost due to factors out of my control. Just saying.

Welcome to the forums. Where you can call people stupid, just don't call them passive-aggressive.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users