Chisel Contract Ridiculous?

chisel mercenary contracts

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

Poll: Chisel Contract Opinion (114 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Is the chisel contract ridiculously hard, for spotting requirement on stage 5

1. Yes (49 votes [42.98%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.98%

2. No (65 votes [57.02%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.02%

Vote Hide poll

Spartan2511 #41 Posted 16 October 2019 - 03:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13301 battles
Nope, its not. Originally I was pretty vocal in the forums about it but now that Im passed it and I have a better understanding of game mechanics I think its very doable in a full weekend of playing solo. Im on stage 8 and I get it a few times a day without even trying.

LiteralComic635 #42 Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:38 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 491 battles

It was rough getting through stage 5 since everyone and their mom was trying to get the 1x health spot damage but it only took a week that felt like forever. After that stage it was grinding, grinding, grinding but it was not an outrageous contract to complete. 

ChubbyBuckle06 

x4BIDN1x #43 Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:06 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 24925 battles
  • [4HIM]
indeed, it is quite challenging at the moment but I just added another medium tank to the arsenal last night and was able to pick up 5 of 8 spotting On stage 5 so far.  So many light tanks and mediums on the battlefield!  

Kind of funny that I accomplished one of the 8 in my chieftain.

S5 V8 #44 Posted 18 October 2019 - 05:05 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32935 battles

Completed the contract this morning took fifty-three days. 7 days for Stages 1-5, 7 days for Stage 6, 14 days for Stage 7, twenty five to complete Stage 8  I found it challenging in places a grind in others but I do feel I have worked for something and it has value,  I gained two premium tanks from war chests, completed trees added three tier ten and one nine and received a boatload of perks and silver, as well as completing the tenth op for the 279e and received a Hellcat 105 along the way. So overall experience is excellent. Well done War Gaming!!!!!

I believe there are still 93 days remaining on the contract

H0B0L0VE #45 Posted 19 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26123 battles
It isn't that hard. Certainly not as hard as grinding millions of xp with only two tanks. You have many months to get it done. Use a tank with good view range, a crew with scout perks, poke ridgelines and focus on keeping enemies spotted as you fight, and survive until later in the match when spotting becomes increasingly important. Any medium tank can do this easily if you're patient, especially on maps like Prok, Steppes, Malinovka, etc. If you can get some friends in with an arty platoon you'll get it done very quickly. Some of us got it done almost immediately. Maybe you can't do it in a day like some of the better players but you certainly will in the next few weeks. Then you still have months to grind daily doubles for xp. There's no prize for unlocking the tank early.
Light tanks make or break a match. So stop committing suicide in the first minute. Camo, view range, bushes, and spotting. Please do it right or leave it up to those of us that know how to.

W3vilW4ll3n4t0r #46 Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:10 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 12933 battles
  • [WEVIL]

View PostBoereJack, on 20 September 2019 - 05:20 AM, said:

No it isnt.... 280 kills is a lot more time consuming at stage 7

I belive that part or the contract should be half the kills but add that it to a winning game I have noticed that heaps of players must be on this stage because the amount of campers that just hang in the first 3 rows of the mini map is getting more and more. That wait for the one shots and leave the team to die and (in my opinion) ruining the game.

PERMINATOR1 #47 Posted 31 October 2019 - 10:19 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25525 battles
80 days and 880k xp to go.  Just finished stage 7.  The kills were the grind on that stage for sure.  I finished the spotting requirement with half of the xp completed and only a fourth the kills.  Finished the xp portion with basically half the kills.  Luckily the back half did seem to go much quicker.  Overall i kind of lean toward the "it should be hard" argument.   With that said,  if i can do it,  there's hope for everyone!

Chr15py #48 Posted 05 November 2019 - 07:10 PM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 15452 battles

Ive given up due to lack of time to play. I do like the idea but just can’t sit and play for hours a day anymore. 

sad times :(

chris

"Per Ardua ad Astra - Through adversity to the stars"

Acutedilemma4u #49 Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:11 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 28925 battles
  • [7CAVT]
74 days on stage 8 with 468,000 xp earned. I am in the home stretch.

BB Zero Four #50 Posted 12 November 2019 - 10:45 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 16486 battles

I've been thinking that this new high tier Light tank meta isn't helping matters one bit. When nearly every match you play, Medium or Heavy, has no Artillery and at least three 8+ Lights in it, the chance that you'll be the guy spotting something that you didn't have to track because you're in a knife fight with it, is extremely slim. The instant you start getting any spotting damage on anything out in the open, the Lights notice damage happening that they're not being credited with and promptly scoot out so that they do get it. I swear that's what I'm seeing, game in, game out.

So I agree with OP; I'm being forced to play in a reckless, hyper aggressive way not for the sake of sound tanking, but simply to be the guy out in front trying to out spot the Lights while the guys behind me are busy saying "fall back" rather than shooting. I wouldn't say it's absurdly difficult, but I do definitely feel that assisted damage would've been more in the spirit of proper Medium/Heavy gameplay than hands-off, passive "spotting" damage.

Just the fact that I'm disappointed to see no Artillery in a high tier match should be enough to indicate that there's something not right about this objective lol

Akumahito #51 Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:43 PM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 20564 battles
  • [0UCH]
They are EVERYWHERE on PS4.  The Op can't be that hard for so many people to have it.

PERMINATOR1 #52 Posted 09 December 2019 - 02:03 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 25525 battles
Finished over the weekend.....including the loss of 11 days of the premium time from the Commander mode due to a loss of internet service.  What a grind.  Since I had 40 days left to spare, it wasn't as difficult as it seemed I suppose.  Free Tier X, no complaints, just making note that, OMG!!!  IT"S FINALLY OVER!!!

Also tagged with chisel, mercenary contracts

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users