Best way to reduce player population ?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

SkillfulTurtl3 #1 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:17 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 32428 battles

Idea 1:  Send single word messages to teammates such as "useless", "idiot", "moron".

All players can have bad games... sending these messages will not make players improve, and may encourage them to quit. At least explain why you think they played badly so that they can improve.

and this is directed at some experienced players on this forum.....  if you think I am an idiot, useless etc, then explain why !

Cobravert #2 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27310 battles
  • [WPLAC]

I don't see how some salty players message have anything to do with the game's player population.

There are morons sending hate mail in every game.

No member here has any control over whether I stay of go. I decide for me.

The way the game is handled, fix or left in disrepair despite continual urging from many players toward the people who run this game, and how they go about addressing and/or implementing those things determines my decision for residency in the game.

If someone sent me hate mail, I have a decision to make. Am I offended and able to quantifiably report it and expect some small version of justice? Or do I laugh it off as for I beat them in every facet of that game and they have no leg to stand on? Or do they have a point, though they very poorly went about dealing with it?

M4ntiX #3 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:31 PM

Major

• Players
  • 28619 battles
  • [JOCO]

Some idiot left a hate comment underneath one of my screen shots today. I must've killed him or something. I deleted the comment and responded with a simple "idiot" message, I figured he won't get it anyways. :D

Ta dunmm tsss

"4 kids single father 2 boats a plane 3cars and more battles than you."

"Jesus you smegheads are whiny about your Epeens."

SPUK4U #4 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:40 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 10440 battles

View PostSkillfulTurtl3, on 20 September 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

Idea 1:  Send single word messages to teammates such as "useless", "idiot", "moron".

All players can have bad games... sending these messages will not make players improve, and may encourage them to quit. At least explain why you think they played badly so that they can improve.

and this is directed at some experienced players on this forum.....  if you think I am an idiot, useless etc, then explain why !

I get messages "Git Gud, Noob"  It's meant to encourage me to get better.

It makes me feel like older players care about me and they want to remind me that I have to get better what I am doing in the game.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

SirDerp-a-lot #5 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

Major

• Players
  • 54057 battles
  • [GER_1]
Good point, I have to keep this in mind when I'm hit by the urge to taunt.

El Materdor43 #6 Posted 20 September 2019 - 08:53 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32661 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostSkillfulTurtl3, on 20 September 2019 - 03:17 PM, said:

If I like playing a game, messages aren’t going to make me quit. I don’t have read them and furthermore, it doesn’t bother me what people who don’t know me have to say about me. 

I could care less. If I like a game, I’m going to play it 

SightlessRogue0 #7 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:24 PM

Major

• Players
  • 18980 battles

View PostEl Materdor43, on 20 September 2019 - 08:53 PM, said:

If I like playing a game, messages aren’t going to make me quit. I don’t have read them and furthermore, it doesn’t bother me what people who don’t know me have to say about me. 

I could care less. If I like a game, I’m going to play it 

At my beginning at one point I faced a T29. After the game he sent me a message telling me what was the weak spot on the front of his tank for a weak gun. I did the same thing with a beginner who only targeted the front plate of my PZ V / IV while all my complete turret is a weak spot. It is more constructive as a message.

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

El Materdor43 #8 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:39 PM

Major

• Players
  • 32661 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 20 September 2019 - 04:24 PM, said:

At my beginning at one point I faced a T29. After the game he sent me a message telling me what was the weak spot on the front of his tank for a weak gun. I did the same thing with a beginner who only targeted the front plate of my PZ V / IV while all my complete turret is a weak spot. It is more constructive as a message.

That kind of message isn’t what was being referred to here. I too have sent messages to players telling them where to shoot a tank to improve their chances of penetration and doing damage

TocFanKe4 #9 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:42 PM

Major

• Players
  • 20850 battles
  • [GIRLS]

I sent a message to a longtime forumer last night after they suicide drowned their full health medium tank in a game we were only down a couple tanks.  But I don't send angry messages.  I just asked why they would drown themselves instead of just doing an RB/RT YOLO suicide. Takes about the same time, but at least you get a little XP out of it. 

Most of the time angry messages just get you reported.  I used to send people messages telling them not to cap in blowouts.  I found a better method is to ask them why they capped.  That's gotten into some decent conversations before. 

Edited by TocFanKe4, 20 September 2019 - 09:43 PM.

The E25 was built for Shenanigans

Dyslexsticks #10 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

Major

• Players
  • 34240 battles
  • [BNKR]
I know a way to reduce the player population by one, but thankfully I haven't ever found good enough reasons to. ;)

Did you manage to stand my post? You might like: My Twitter (fixed!)My Xbox to YouTube Guide

XLilabnerX #11 Posted 20 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 61631 battles
  • [-THT-]

View PostSPUK4U, on 20 September 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

It makes me feel like older players care about me and they want to remind me that I have to get better what I am doing in the game.

Oh well please get better at what you don't know....... huh wait I am dizzy.... 

Say your really good at those " gif's ", go play that game..... huh wait that was encouragement 

LazyCat5928745 #12 Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:37 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 82 battles
I Send a Good For You (gfy)

View PostSPUK4U, on 20 September 2019 - 08:40 PM, said:

Great gif. I'm so proud of you.

ColorfulFoolishIbis-size_restricted.gif

I'm full of salt and enjoy sharing my love to all.  

Edited by LazyCat5928745, 21 September 2019 - 12:37 AM.

GroomingChief65 #13 Posted 21 September 2019 - 12:39 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10524 battles

I almost never get any comments like that but when I do get them I generally agree with the assessment, yes I played poorly that match. lol

It makes me wince when I receive something negative but stuff happens, move on. Some people don't understand tentative gameplay as it relates to being bottom tier, they need to be reminded. If you're top tier for example or a light and just hanging back the whole game that'll always rile people up, I suspect that'll never change. 

suicidalblues #14 Posted 21 September 2019 - 01:21 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 41854 battles
  • [WOFT]
I send words of encouragement. I sent a message suggesting a player set his controller down after the game starts to increase his teams chance of winning.

Nothing but positive vibes from me.

steelheadclan #15 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15211 battles
  • [REAL]

I only send positive messages or thanks. 

HaloPro058 #16 Posted 21 September 2019 - 05:16 AM

Major

• Players
  • 39801 battles
  • [FEN1X]
I received a FU msg today, told him to Git Gud boy :D

SPUK4U #17 Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:09 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 10440 battles

View PostXLilabnerX, on 20 September 2019 - 09:50 PM, said:

Oh well please get better at what you don't know....... huh wait I am dizzy.... 

Say your really good at those " gif's ", go play that game..... huh wait that was encouragement 

:teethhappy: I tend to use PS4's 15 min video buffer or games reply system to record battles, just so that I watch them and see what I missed during the game play. Sometimes I make gif out of some intetestin of funny thing that happened in the game. I know, I use them too much, but I love them and I can't stop myself.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

vVMr GoodCatVv #18 Posted 21 September 2019 - 07:40 AM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 28037 battles
Was it me? Sounds like something I would do especially if you were that lttb on lakeville north encounter in a tier 8 game and you went and sat in the cap right from the start only to die when the reds got to the cap. Bloody fool.

"I'm the dandy highway man that your too scared to mention

I spend my cash on looking flash and grabbing your attention"                                                        

im_balthazur #19 Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 39108 battles
  • [DODTR]

View PostSkillfulTurtl3, on 20 September 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

False. 

The best way way is to “consolidate servers” (contrary to what real game development companies do) and in the process, abandon the number 1 and number 2 gaming markets in the world.

But this is expected from a regional game.

f1mitku #20 Posted 21 September 2019 - 09:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47400 battles
Stopping all messages (except from friends) as a whole helps to lower the number of receiving hate ones. 
Don't rush me, I'm waiting for the last moment!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users