Artillery is to OP. Need Nerf.

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

BICHOTE--PR #1 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:29 PM

Private

• Players
  • 27346 battles
  • [1DBL]
The Artillery is more OP now than before 4.11 update. Even Heavys with good armor are nearly one shooted too frequent. Need to be balanced to a more fluid gameplay, add to it more radius, but 50% less damage. Listen the community Wargaming and fix the game.

deadman1921 #2 Posted 21 September 2019 - 03:50 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 28046 battles
  • [-STO-]
Said no one ever

Soldiers of the One/ #GlenIsOurs

Allegheny64 #3 Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:27 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 52683 battles
That's right.  Please BUFF our beloved SPGs and improve the accuracy. 

'An what I do on yer' grave won't pass for flowers

Haukkis #4 Posted 21 September 2019 - 06:37 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33967 battles

View PostBICHOTE--PR, on 21 September 2019 - 04:29 PM, said:

The Artillery is more OP now than before 4.11 update. Even Heavys with good armor are nearly one shooted too frequent. Need to be balanced to a more fluid gameplay, add to it more radius, but 50% less damage. Listen the community Wargaming and fix the game.

Ehh, no. Arty is fine as it is now. Just play better, learn arty-safe positions, don't stay at same spot long periods of time and use your brain.

Rotcat #5 Posted 21 September 2019 - 08:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18775 battles
  • [28-TL]

View PostHaukkis, on 21 September 2019 - 07:37 PM, said:

Ehh, no. Arty is fine as it is now. Just play better, learn arty-safe positions, don't stay at same spot long periods of time and use your brain.

This is the biggest [edited]reaction I've seen. Arty = no skill. Arty = luck. What the worst part about arty is, is that they can splash damage you when they miss. And when they do splash damage when they miss, than they splash your least armored part of your tank, e.g. your sides and/ or a splash under your tank. If they do that than they will often do more damage than when they would direct hit you. Complete unblanced class. Splash = more damage to heavies than a direct hit if they dont pen you. And lets not start when youre playing in low-armored tanks. Besides that point, they can reposition (especially the french arties). Utter [edited]class. 

Acta non verba.

Steel Wolf 31 #6 Posted 22 September 2019 - 06:28 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [VGC]

View PostRotcat, on 21 September 2019 - 08:39 PM, said:

This is the biggest [edited]reaction I've seen. Arty = no skill. Arty = luck. What the worst part about arty is, is that they can splash damage you when they miss. And when they do splash damage when they miss, than they splash your least armored part of your tank, e.g. your sides and/ or a splash under your tank. If they do that than they will often do more damage than when they would direct hit you. Complete unblanced class. Splash = more damage to heavies than a direct hit if they dont pen you. And lets not start when youre playing in low-armored tanks. Besides that point, they can reposition (especially the french arties). Utter [edited]class. 

I've never observed a splash hit do more damage than a direct hit could have, but then that's just my experience. Could you perhaps provide some direct evidence to prove your claim? 

What ever tactic you use is legit, but if the enemy does it then its a cheap unfair OP noob tactic. 

http://theveterans.boards.net/

Belgos The Drow #7 Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:40 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 27138 battles
  • [FEN1X]
I hate arty and only play them to figure out how to best defend myself against them when in other tanks. When the rage gets too great I pull out my favourite arty killing lights and mediums and then go ahuntin.
Learn how to play better, I should listen to myself too!!!

dzhey43 #8 Posted 22 September 2019 - 09:35 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29204 battles
  • [3EBC]

View PostRotcat, on 21 September 2019 - 11:39 PM, said:

Do you mean for 3marking arty you need only luck? 
Spoiler

Haukkis #9 Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:21 PM

Major

• Players
  • 33967 battles

View PostRotcat, on 21 September 2019 - 09:39 PM, said:

LOL... someone's salty :D 

WrathJ83 #10 Posted 22 September 2019 - 11:23 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 22602 battles

Arty does need a rebalance of some sort. Was one shot today by a T92 who got a direct hit on my turret in the Caernavon AX. Yes it was a tier 10 Arty and the one with the largest gun which makes it that much more important that they rebalance it because it's stupid to have to worry about 183s, waffles, and tier 10 artillery when playing a tier 8 all the time. Of course the tier 10 goes after a tier 8 because they're now the cannon fodder tier and WG cannot balance the MM so you see them less than 90% of the time. I know that it will never happen because it falls into the same reason why we still have the HESHstar and Waffle. Balance isn't important on console and obviously never has been.

+1/-1 will change that for a short time, but then those who don't want it will not be happy and we will all fall right back into the same routine of +2/-2 and tier 8 once again becoming fodder as they push another special event for tier 10 tanks and no other tier.

I think the game is too far gone now for any actual balance to come. The last time ruined vehicles and new lines were hit hard enough to stop a lot of players from grinding them. Maybe one day, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Potato QQ #11 Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:15 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21859 battles
  • [FEN1X]

View PostAllegheny64, on 21 September 2019 - 10:27 AM, said:

That's right.  Please BUFF our beloved SPGs and improve the accuracy. 

Arty needs a Buff

jonesofcolorado #12 Posted 27 September 2019 - 07:28 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 11227 battles

View PostBICHOTE--PR, on 21 September 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

I disagree with you there. At least all the ones I own (even 2 premium ones I own) don't live up to the advertised damage (which I think is a defect and should be fixed, regular tanks always get the advertised damage, just artillery doesn't) and only do a fraction of the damage. 

TransparentBlue #13 Posted 27 September 2019 - 08:56 PM

Captain

• Players
  • 13300 battles

View Postjonesofcolorado, on 27 September 2019 - 07:28 PM, said:

I disagree with you there. At least all the ones I own (even 2 premium ones I own) don't live up to the advertised damage (which I think is a defect and should be fixed, regular tanks always get the advertised damage, just artillery doesn't) and only do a fraction of the damage. 

You're not hitting the soft spots to get penetration for full damage.  You're getting HE impact and HE splash damage instead.  Better aim and/or premium ammo will fix that.  Also better luck, because that's a huge part of the reason.

Try trajectory view if you aren't hitting weak points with sky view.  It's much easier.  Or please don't.  Just give up on artillery instead.

VeNoMz x Maniac #14 Posted 01 October 2019 - 11:07 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40737 battles

View PostBICHOTE--PR, on 21 September 2019 - 10:29 AM, said:

really? because everytime i play my arty i do no more than 600 a shot if im lucky... very rare occurrence i do more than 850- one shot....  

Entilzhaveni521 #15 Posted 01 October 2019 - 10:45 PM

Corporal

• Players
  • 43771 battles
  • [NVDRS]
Personally, I think there’s way too much nerfing  going on.  You guys want it too easy, learn to play better and then you won’t get hit by arty, I think if there was a lot less whining and more studying the game and learning how to play better, we would be much better off

Edited by Entilzhaveni521, 01 October 2019 - 10:54 PM.

u_NPC_gash #16 Posted 02 October 2019 - 12:59 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 15040 battles
We need the option of arty free mode.

Potato QQ #17 Posted 02 October 2019 - 08:06 AM

Major

• Players
  • 21859 battles
  • [FEN1X]
If you hate the game or how it has become, stop playing it. It's that simple.

dzhey43 #18 Posted 03 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

Captain

• Beta Tester
  • 29204 battles
  • [3EBC]
I would like arty fun mode. Where only arties fights each other. As it is fun mode arty stays in mm too. No one loses anything. WG do it.
Spoiler

TheAngryShaman #19 Posted 03 October 2019 - 01:50 PM

Private

• Players
  • 1213 battles
  • [NUMB]

View PostBICHOTE--PR, on 21 September 2019 - 03:29 PM, said:

I'm sorry Mr Trump, but when did you get elected to speak for the wargaming community? Or did the Russians elect you to Speaker of the Wargaming Politburo?

View PostWrathJ83, on 22 September 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Arty does need a rebalance of some sort. Was one shot today by a T92 who got a direct hit on my turret in the Caernavon AX. Yes it was a tier 10 Arty and the one with the largest gun which makes it that much more important that they rebalance it because it's stupid to have to worry about 183s, waffles, and tier 10 artillery when playing a tier 8 all the time. Of course the tier 10 goes after a tier 8 because they're now the cannon fodder tier and WG cannot balance the MM so you see them less than 90% of the time. I know that it will never happen because it falls into the same reason why we still have the HESHstar and Waffle. Balance isn't important on console and obviously never has been.

+1/-1 will change that for a short time, but then those who don't want it will not be happy and we will all fall right back into the same routine of +2/-2 and tier 8 once again becoming fodder as they push another special event for tier 10 tanks and no other tier.

I think the game is too far gone now for any actual balance to come. The last time ruined vehicles and new lines were hit hard enough to stop a lot of players from grinding them. Maybe one day, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

+1/-1 will fix nothing. It will only change things, some good, some worse. Quite simply if I play a sucky game, I deserve sucky results. The real question is whether or not the game remains enjoyable and when it's no longer enjoyable, it's time to find another game.

VeNoMz x Maniac #20 Posted 03 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40737 battles

View PostEntilzhaveni521, on 01 October 2019 - 05:45 PM, said:

Personally, I think there’s way too much nerfing  going on.  You guys want it too easy, learn to play better and then you won’t get hit by arty, I think if there was a lot less whining and more studying the game and learning how to play better, we would be much better off

i completely agree with this statement 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users