• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

CatSnipah #21 Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 27159 battles
  • [BNKR]

View Postsuicidalblues, on 23 September 2019 - 06:07 AM, said:

As much as I generally agree with your statement the truth is that WG needs to keep/add players to this game. If this works then more power to them. 

Appreciate your comment. 

While I generally feel that the +/-1 trials will only mask the real issues, and the inability or lack of desire to fix them, my comment was aimed at pointing out how obtuse and oblivious the person I quoted was being. 

Too many people on this board simply believe this would be a fix-all. We’ve even seen comments indicating certain ppl believe that this will just make players better. Reality is that it won’t.

Finally, this game is over 5 years old. There just isn’t going to be a huge influx of players like there was at original launch and a kicker at launch on Xbox one. Compound that with the fact that this type of game is very much a niche type, and just isn’t a mainstream title. Meaning a smaller overall interested population. 

But its been my favorite, go-to for the most part over the last 4+ years. Guess that says something about me, lol. 

KilledByPing #22 Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15931 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostWrathJ83, on 22 September 2019 - 05:32 PM, said:

They would have to adjust the TT version wouldn't they? Same vehicle.

Lycan is actualy better then TT version after big Light Tanks "rebalance" and addition of Tier 10 lights.

KilledByPing #23 Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 15931 battles
  • [ENVY]

View Postooo NO ONE ooo, on 21 September 2019 - 08:21 PM, said:

Just move the Lycan to pref VIII for god's sake.

I cant agree with that. Making Lycan see tier 6-7 more often is obviously make it stronger. But it completely useless against tier 9, so NO. You cant just put it into tier 8 with pref.

Also current system mean that pref tanks have 0 or -1 mm, so it basicaly wont change anything untill event ends.

Edited by KilledByPing, 24 September 2019 - 12:04 PM.

PrimalSeal1965 #24 Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:12 PM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11077 battles
  • [RETRO]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 22 September 2019 - 04:52 PM, said:

During the last +/- 1 I had trouble at the beginning of the test week because top-tier I was too aggressive. But even though I was dying faster and losing more often, I had more fun playing than usual. Once I got used to the new reality it was just amazing as games.

The +/- 1 is one of the best solutions to keep new players.

I don't know I really don't know much about the +1 -1 thing but it just seems a little more fair. That said, my issues with MM is it gives out the same maps over and over, hardly ever see a good selection because it's always the same 3 or 4 maps regardless of Tier....I saw Ghost town I can't remember how many times using different tier tanks. Seemed like ever match, Ghost town. Which is an entirely different topic in itself. It's no biggie but hey getting some other maps would be fun, yea the other maps are there as every now and then they pop up but not often enough. 

That said, +1-1, I saw a YT'er say the reason some folks didn't like it was because they wouldn't be able to Seal Club nearly as much so of course they don't like it. Made sense to me when I saw that., Eliminating easy killing, but it doesn't entirely do that would make some dislike +1-1. Well, hey if killing Noobs is a thing well hey by at least making it harder for players in better tanks would HELP newer players stay in game.

IF they as in New Players have some chances better chances then of course they'd want to play which is good for the GAME overall. It really shouldn't bother better players because yea they're better and it makes it more of a challenge for them which they should actually enjoy.

This will stick in crawls but hey being better isn't always the case either right? Could it be it's just some are better because they've raised stats by playing low tier easy killing over and over. They've played enough they know what tanks are by far Op'ed in the tier and so on...When push comes to shove and they actually have to play players with equal skills or just simply better then they become the easy killed right? So those stats slip so yea they gonna not like it...

Therefore they gonna moan, snowflake and sniffle because they have to endure what everyone else does. Just saying...Actually just repeating what I watched and heard...

Like above some tanks have no business in higher tiered matches as they don't have the gun or armor to be there or are they really good enough to be in their own tiers...I've got a couple of tanks, as I guess most do they are just OK at their own tiers but just no chance in one tier higher. I mean No chance of surviving or even doing any real damages. I am not sure why they see higher tiers.

As for PPM Tanks that's a good question if there is a list, I would sure like to see it. I know a couple but seems every time I think I am getting a PPM tank it turns out Nope...LOLOL

Edited by PrimalSeal1965, 24 September 2019 - 12:24 PM.

ooo NO ONE ooo #25 Posted 24 September 2019 - 12:54 PM

Major

• Players
  • 60443 battles
  • [MMTLS]

View PostKilledByPing, on 24 September 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

I cant agree with that. Making Lycan see tier 6-7 more often is obviously make it stronger. But it completely useless against tier 9, so NO. You cant just put it into tier 8 with pref.

Also current system mean that pref tanks have 0 or -1 mm, so it basicaly wont change anything untill event ends.

Those are the tiers it sees now. It can't be top tier, it is a pref 8 in all but name. Only difference? It can't be platooned due to WG genius logic.

3 MoE's: None.

Tempest fox3 #26 Posted 24 September 2019 - 05:54 PM

Major

• Beta Tester
  • 21035 battles
  • [JOCO]

View PostKilledByPing, on 24 September 2019 - 12:03 PM, said:

Making it pref 8 wouldn't change the matchmaking. It already had the matchmaking of a pref 8. The game just calls it tier 7. During normal matchmaking rules the Lycan has +2/+1. During this event it has +1/+1.

The only thing that would change is it would be able to platoon with more than just other Lycans. 

War is a Democracy and the enemy always gets a vote.

3 MoE's: E-25, M41 Walker Bulldog, E-50, Snakebite, E-75, T32, Tiger 131, Skoda T25 - In order obtained

Spoiler

SightlessRogue0 #27 Posted 24 September 2019 - 08:45 PM

Major

• Players
  • 19903 battles
Something I just noticed: more people at level 8 ... level X is deserted (one wonders why).

I use Google translator for english language

Lots of juggling in french text, sometimes translator in trouble with that. If you do not understand what I write, tell me.

CatSnipah #28 Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:10 PM

Major

• Players
  • 27159 battles
  • [BNKR]

View PostSightlessRogue0, on 24 September 2019 - 08:45 PM, said:

Something I just noticed: more people at level 8 ... level X is deserted (one wonders why).

So, what is your theory?

JatemKaa #29 Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:15 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Postallhavoc, on 22 September 2019 - 08:40 AM, said:

Cancel the test & stop pandering to candybutt snowflakes.  This game found success with -2/+2, now you're gonna let players with tens of thousands of games ( under -2/+2 ) say that -2/+2 is ruining the game.  Makes no sense.

Like the logic here! . This game found success with artys as well, now you get players saying arty is ruining the game. Which makes the same amount of sense...….

JatemKaa #30 Posted 24 September 2019 - 10:20 PM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Postkiller etzi0, on 22 September 2019 - 02:33 PM, said:

Bout the only post i've seen on the subject that makes absolutely perfect sense.

If the MM was balancing teams properly, especially when it comes to balancing out the platoons for each team... most of the +2/-2 complaints would go away. Even I don't like loading into a battle where I am the only bottom tier tank on EITHER team, and the red team is loaded with top tier platoons.

Like this match for example: One team gets 2 top tier platoons with a total of 6 players combined. The other team gets ONE top tier platoon with 2 players. 11 top tier vs 8, and the team with 8 top tier gets the only tier VI (me) in the whole battle.

The highlighted part says why +1/-1 is the way to go. IF the MM was fixed, +2/-2 would be perfectly acceptable. But we ALL know WG is not going to fix the MM, so the best we can hope for is the +1/-1.

Wroclaw #31 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:25 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57249 battles

View Postallhavoc, on 22 September 2019 - 02:40 PM, said:

Cancel the test & stop pandering to candybutt snowflakes.  This game found success with -2/+2, now you're gonna let players with tens of thousands of games ( under -2/+2 ) say that -2/+2 is ruining the game.  Makes no sense.

View PostCatSnipah, on 22 September 2019 - 05:42 PM, said:

Or - folks could learn to play the game the way it was designed without the new crutch of +/-2. If you just can't learn the game, sorry.  Not like you're going to suddenly become a unicum player with a MM narrowing.

View Postkiller etzi0, on 22 September 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

Bout the only post i've seen on the subject that makes absolutely perfect sense.

one of the most stupid aspects about this game is having to fight tanks that are +2 tiers higher than yours.

the game should have been +1 from the very beginning.

change it to permanent - the game will be better off for it.

Wroclaw #32 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:27 AM

Major

• Players
  • 57249 battles

View Postooo NO ONE ooo, on 21 September 2019 - 05:21 PM, said:

Just move the Lycan to pref VIII for god's sake.

its not just the Lycan.

Light tanks are an over-powered class. they all need to be nerfed.

the guys who rail on about +1 not fixing "the whole game" are generally silent on this issue.

El Materdor43 #33 Posted 25 September 2019 - 01:38 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33426 battles
  • [HACKS]

View PostWroclaw, on 24 September 2019 - 08:27 PM, said:

its not just the Lycan.

Light tanks are an over-powered class. they all need to be nerfed.

the guys who rail on about +1 not fixing "the whole game" are generally silent on this issue.

Oh yeah, lights are overpowered. They can 1 shot all other tanks in this game. They can bounce shots from all other tanks in this game. 

Yeah, they are overpowered alright

Pit Friend #34 Posted 25 September 2019 - 02:02 AM

Major

• Players
  • 33551 battles
  • [PTATO]

View PostCatSnipah, on 24 September 2019 - 05:10 PM, said:

So, what is your theory?

I would assume more money to be made at lower tiers, plus they can't bully tier VIIIs in their Xs while the test is on. 

When the nice guy loses his patience the devil shivers. 

suicidalblues #35 Posted 25 September 2019 - 03:56 AM

Captain

• Supertest - PS4
  • 42419 battles
  • [WOFT]
Pit's right. Since this is only a week long a lot of players have realized the two tiers most affected by +1/-1 are IX and X. They already only saw +1 or 0 and now don't have the -2 to compensate. There are those that don't care, there are those that are actively grinding contracts so they need to be in the high tiers. But there are a lot that will take this time to grind out their lower tier tanks without the worry of being -2.

If it becomes permanent it will sort itself out in short order.

JatemKaa #36 Posted 25 September 2019 - 04:08 AM

Major

• Players
  • 62379 battles

View Postsuicidalblues, on 24 September 2019 - 09:56 PM, said:

Pit's right. Since this is only a week long a lot of players have realized the two tiers most affected by +1/-1 are IX and X. They already only saw +1 or 0 and now don't have the -2 to compensate. There are those that don't care, there are those that are actively grinding contracts so they need to be in the high tiers. But there are a lot that will take this time to grind out their lower tier tanks without the worry of being -2.

If it becomes permanent it will sort itself out in short order.

True. It will sort itself out in time. 

ABAOUIA #37 Posted 25 September 2019 - 05:54 AM

Major

• Players
  • 47049 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View PostJatemKaa, on 24 September 2019 - 11:20 PM, said:

The highlighted part says why +1/-1 is the way to go. IF the MM was fixed, +2/-2 would be perfectly acceptable. But we ALL know WG is not going to fix the MM, so the best we can hope for is the +1/-1.

So that will fix the fact that 1 team has 5 Heavy's and the other team 1 with the others to be mediums , on a map like Himmelsdorf ?

If MM is not fixed +1 -1 aint gonna fix even teams.

Teffisk #38 Posted 25 September 2019 - 06:16 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 23934 battles
  • [-L7-]
Nobody said it will be a fix all. It will, however, be a really good fix. There's a difference.

SPUK4U #39 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:10 AM

Captain

• Players
  • 11376 battles

+-1 has definedly different feeling in battles than in +-2. Team is more agressive in +-1 than in +-2 and competion from kills and xp makes game a bit harder to those who are playing stats in mind. Also, single player's affect to team result is degreesing in  +-1 as team has more tanks that can carry. Basically it's harder to buff stats in +-1 than in +-2. Those that are really good stay good, those that got good with stat padding will fall.

- Ask, Observe, Learn and Improve -

KilledByPing #40 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:26 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15931 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostPrimalSeal1965, on 24 September 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

I don't know I really don't know much about the +1 -1 thing but it just seems a little more fair. That said, my issues with MM is it gives out the same maps over and over, hardly ever see a good selection because it's always the same 3 or 4 maps regardless of Tier....I saw Ghost town I can't remember how many times using different tier tanks. Seemed like ever match, Ghost town. Which is an entirely different topic in itself. It's no biggie but hey getting some other maps would be fun, yea the other maps are there as every now and then they pop up but not often enough. 

This was discussed several times. Not all of the maps are in rotation at a time. There are just few of them to select from. Map selection change every week. It was Friday before, but now i dont play that much and dont really bother when do they change but it still work this way.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users