• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

KilledByPing #41 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:28 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15634 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostABAOUIA, on 25 September 2019 - 08:54 AM, said:

So that will fix the fact that 1 team has 5 Heavy's and the other team 1 with the others to be mediums , on a map like Himmelsdorf ?

If MM is not fixed +1 -1 aint gonna fix even teams.

No, but having 5 heavy of the same Tier or atleast only 1 tier higher then yours are still better and "easier" to compete against then having 5 heavy 2 tiers higher then your bunch of mediums or tds.

KilledByPing #42 Posted 25 September 2019 - 07:39 AM

Major

• Players
  • 15634 battles
  • [ENVY]

View PostTempest fox3, on 24 September 2019 - 08:54 PM, said:

Making it pref 8 wouldn't change the matchmaking. It already had the matchmaking of a pref 8. The game just calls it tier 7. During normal matchmaking rules the Lycan has +2/+1. During this event it has +1/+1.

The only thing that would change is it would be able to platoon with more than just other Lycans. 

This was exactly what i said.

BUT, Light tank also have different MM value thus far more likely to be lower tier. So making Lycan a Tier8 will basicaly force it see Tier9 more often unlike other pmm tanks which is completely unacceptable.

There are literaly just 1 problem when platooning with Lycan - you are very likely to be a bottom of the bottom tier possible. And if Lycan can manage to play against Tier 9 somehow and be a decent opponent for Tier 8's your "other" tier 7 platooned tank are less likely to be on par.

Right now while +/-1 event is running this should not be a problem at all.

Putting this tank into tier 8 wont fix anything. It doesnt belong there. Yes, it is better then TT T71 (well, only because T71 was nerfed and Lycan NOT) but only "slightly" better and it doesnt belong to tier 8.

ABAOUIA #43 Posted 25 September 2019 - 10:24 AM

Major

• Players
  • 46815 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View PostKilledByPing, on 25 September 2019 - 08:28 AM, said:

No, but having 5 heavy of the same Tier or atleast only 1 tier higher then yours are still better and "easier" to compete against then having 5 heavy 2 tiers higher then your bunch of mediums or tds.

Number of same tier tanks issnt that far off per team.

problem is that 5 mediums cant fight 5 Heavy's in a city map.

Should be 3 vs 2 and 2 vs 3

if that doessnt change then 0 MM wont even change that ! That hard to read ?

PrimalSeal1965 #44 Posted 25 September 2019 - 11:45 AM

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 11060 battles
  • [RETRO]

I got to play some last evening and I had a lot of fun even though I lost lot. Pretty used to that though so nothing new there, however, the matches seemed to last longer for the most part very good matches at that. It seemed a lot more balanced from my take, I really don't understand all the in's and outs but it just seemed more fair.

Considering school across the US is in, I can see some player drops but as holidays come kids and days off, vacations for the older guys and gals hit I am pretty sure the player base will pick up it always has. Last night, the wait Q was pretty long for some matches and I noticed several 100 folks in Q earlier on in the evening on the East Server....Several 100 is way better than less than a 100 at all times of the day. Normally here I see after work time the Q gets really high in numbers through out the week. As the evening progresses the numbers increase. That seems to be the case every evening up to about 10:00 PM and then of course the numbers drop which is pretty normal for here. People gotta sleep I guess? To bad for them! HAHAHA! 

Long Live the game! 

mockney_piers #45 Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:03 PM

Major

• Players
  • 9863 battles
  • [FILTH]

i only a managed a couple of games in pmm tanks. I can't help but feel that that may be a lovely solution for UP tanks like the IS-6, that other tanks are quite blatantly OP if they are guaranteed top tier games, and not sure overall this is the right approach to the issue.

I mean, the warlord is frankly disgusting!!

CamaroGuy96 #46 Posted 25 September 2019 - 12:32 PM

First lieutenant

• Beta Tester
  • 10203 battles
I enjoy the +1. It means all of my tanks can be effective in every fight. If I'm playing a tier VI medium I'd rather have two Tiger 131s on the other team than one of most any tier VIII heavy.

XBOX ONE 

Garage has too many tanks to list now...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users