Trying for a High caliber medal.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

brownkeg7 #1 Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 17572 battles
I was told that even being bumped by a friendly tank, even if it wasn't your fault, will cancel any opportunity to earn a high caliber metal. Is this true?

XTc40 #2 Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:32 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9052 battles

View Postbrownkeg7, on 23 September 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

I was told that even being bumped by a friendly tank, even if it wasn't your fault, will cancel any opportunity to earn a high caliber metal. Is this true?

Hi ,Here is what you have to do, to qualify you must do the below 3 in a battle. Remember they only give 1 per game .

1. Cause the highest damage per battle without hitting or ramming a friendly tank. ( I think hitting means firing your gun on them even if accidental so yes to your question that's why you should not push or ram your team mates ever ;)). 

2. Cause damage must be at least 20% of the HP of enemy.( so getting a top gun or confederate medal would help a lot )

3. The caused damage must be latest 1000 HP.

Edited by XTc40, 23 September 2019 - 05:09 AM.

Haukkis #3 Posted 23 September 2019 - 05:01 AM

Major

• Players
  • 34544 battles

View PostXTc40, on 23 September 2019 - 05:32 AM, said:

Hi ,Here is what you have to do, to qualify you must do the below 3 in a battle. Remember they only give 1 per team .

1. Cause the highest damage per battle without hitting or ramming a friendly tank. ( I think hitting means firing your gun on them even if accidental ,so yes to your question that's why you should not push or ram your team mates ever ;)). 

2. Cause damage must be at least 20% of the HP of enemy.( so getting a top gun or confederate medal would help a lot )

Does the assist damage count as well or is it just "raw" damage that you must cause to your opponents by shootin them? 

SirDerp-a-lot #4 Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:21 AM

Major

• Players
  • 55858 battles
  • [GER_1]

View PostHaukkis, on 23 September 2019 - 06:01 AM, said:

Does the assist damage count as well or is it just "raw" damage that you must cause to your opponents by shootin them? 

Only direct damage for this.

I would still love a canonical answer for your question about team damage.

XTc40 #5 Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:03 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9052 battles

View PostXTc40, on 23 September 2019 - 04:32 AM, said:

Hi ,Here is what you have to do, to qualify you must do the below 3 in a battle. Remember they only give 1 per game .

1. Cause the highest damage per battle without hitting or ramming a friendly tank. ( I think hitting means firing your gun on them even if accidental so yes to your question that's why you should not push or ram your team mates ever ;)). 

Update on the hitting or ramming a friendly tank, this only affects the tank that did the hitting or ramming, I may be wrong but its the tank that is in a fwd motion and hits or rams another friendly that disqualifies that tank. so I'm thinking if a friendly parks behind you and you reverse and hit that tank by accident because you know team mates love doing that. That senerio should be ok. 

The 20% damage of the enemy hit points is 20% total damage done to the enemy(excludes spotting and tracking damage, its what your gun does in damage), again they only give 1 Medal per game so you may finish top of your team but if someone on the enemy does more damage they get it. 

Do as much damage as you can in a game, forget about trying to achieve it and it will happen, is the best advice I can give, have damage targets try for 2,000 damage per game and work from there. 

If my info is incorrect please correct it, Thanks

Will-E-WangStar #6 Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:00 AM

Major

• Players
  • 36485 battles
  • [XRM]

Ramming or bunping does nothing for high caliber... as long as you dont turn blue..... ive scored quit a few high calibers in for example my Sheridan where i ran into a teammate at full speed and still got the hc

@Maxchaos24, can you enlighten us with your wisdom on the ramming part?

Formally known as: BoereJack

My Youtube Channel Filled With WOT PS4 Gameplay: https://www.youtube....FnoS605ne-GYwiA

3 MARKED TANKS:

SNAKEBITE, T21, SP1C, LYCAN, T-54 LWT, T-54

Pontiac Pat #7 Posted 23 September 2019 - 03:39 PM

Major

• WoTC Tournaments Contributor
  • 25773 battles
  • [47R]
Raibot already answered this in another thread.

"Looking at this further, the primary conditions are as above (at least 1000 damage, > 20% of total enemy HP). The condition about not doing ally damage checks specifically for direct hits on a friendly.  I don't see anything that suggests that a friendly ramming you (or even bumping a friendly) would negate the award."

If you want to be one of the 47 Ronin check out our recruitment post and then send a message to Prof935 (xbox) or dimka935 (ps4).

Estimated Marks of Excellence thresholds - https://wotclans.com.br/tanks/moe

XTc40 #8 Posted 24 September 2019 - 04:44 AM

Corporal

• Players
  • 9052 battles

View PostPontiac Pat, on 23 September 2019 - 03:39 PM, said:

Raibot already answered this in another thread.

"Looking at this further, the primary conditions are as above (at least 1000 damage, > 20% of total enemy HP). The condition about not doing ally damage checks specifically for direct hits on a friendly.  I don't see anything that suggests that a friendly ramming you (or even bumping a friendly) would negate the award."

Thanks for the reply Pat, In the descripion it says, Cause the highest damage per battle without hitting or ramming a friendly tank .So what does this mean? Why have they put this in the description? what you're saying makes sense and most likely you are correct, maybe WG need to reword their own medal description. Where would I go to see this other thread? Thank again for the reply.

Edited by XTc40, 24 September 2019 - 04:46 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users